Author Topic: #gamergate  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
#gamergate
« on: October 26, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
I'm not much of a gamer so I didn't really care that much but this is another case of feminist hucksters using entryist tactics to destroy a male dominated hobby.

GAMERGATE! Gamer's fight back! Guest video by TheInvestigamer!

Thoughts??

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: #gamergate
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:39:59 AM »
As usual, if its a male interest it must be destroyed even if it generally doesn't interest females. That is what misandry is.

"masculine things are bad"

>2013
>Avoid going outside to prevent offending people with my cis-privilege
>Start playing online multiplayer video games
>Only politically correct games may be played on politically correct computers manufactured by government-owned facilities
>All characters are non-white and sexually ambiguous
>Games cannot begin until there is a sufficient amount of diversity on the server
>Loading screens have reminders to check your privilege as tips
>The amount of privilege you have determines what effects you have, with low-privileged people getting bonuses and high-privileged people getting penalties
>As a white male, I do almost no damage and my controls randomly cut out, but it's ok, I put up a bit of a fight in order to make things entertaining for oppressed opponents
>Accidentally kill a black transgendered furry pedophile who was very low on health
>Sirens with lights on top of my monitor go off along with pepper spray being shot in my eyes
>Game demands that I remain seated until the Privilege Police arrive to administer justice
>what have I done?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:45:55 AM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
I don't think something this strident and petulant has a chance of destroying anything, let alone anybody's hobbies.

I choose the games I play based on what I like. I like seeing nonstandard sexual relationships and games with deep stories and backgrounds where the cultures are new instead of being shallow rips of existing Earth cultures.

But I don't really give two fucks about who's sleeping with who among gaming journalists, which is what the video seems to be about. I didn't watch the whole thing, is there anything new or interesting later on?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:56:15 AM »
But I don't really give two fucks about who's sleeping with who among gaming journalists, which is what the video seems to be about. I didn't watch the whole thing, is there anything new or interesting later on?

That's where you've gone wrong. The core issue is journalistic integrity. If the journalist is fucking the person whose work their reviewing, then you will get a biased review without the reader realizing they've been misled. However you don't have to be sleeping together to have a relationship that needs to be disclosed. There was also a lot of journalists writing positive reviews for their friends. Again, that's dishonest and needs to be disclosed.

The rest of the video is about how gaming journalists retaliated by flinging shit at their audience. I hope the gaming journalism industry collapses as a result.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
Ok, that makes sense. I doubt any industries are disappearing because of it (I've heard a ton about the lack of integrity of modern journalism in most areas, not just gaming, so it's not really shocking that gaming is falling to the same level) but I agree at least that reviews by friends and lovers of the developers are going to be biased.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
The overacting of the person in the video makes it seem like he's making a big deal out of a trivial issue. :dunno:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
I don't think something this strident and petulant has a chance of destroying anything, let alone anybody's hobbies.

I choose the games I play based on what I like. I like seeing nonstandard sexual relationships and games with deep stories and backgrounds where the cultures are new instead of being shallow rips of existing Earth cultures.

We deed to go deeper.  :vortex2:
http://www.digra.org/
I will never stop...

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

This is one Wiki article that is a total piece of shit.

You can tell it is nothing more than damage control to hide all the unethical relationships between game developers and gaming journalists.

Any article that mentions Anita Sarkesian without disclosing the fact that she's a complete fraud, can't be trusted.

Gamergate had NOTHING to do with sexism within gaming culture. That's just the false narrative they spun as a red herring to distract you from the real issue.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
I like how anita made like a couple of crappy youtube videos using 160 thousand dollars people threw at her. I actually watched them, and I liked how she used hitman as "proof" of misogyny in gaming because it was possible to kill some hookers.

>possible to kill everyone

>game penalizes you for killing the hookers

>she spent like ten minutes dragging the dead hookers around in the video to show how "bad" it was

Snake oil sellin bitch thief. Anyway, these idiotic pop culture retards disguising themselves as modern moral priests aren't the worst of things, really. Look into DiGRA and other organizations if you'd like to know where all this bullshit comes from.
I will never stop...

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:41:40 PM »
Here's about the only worthwhile passage from that whole Wiki article:

Diversity and inclusivity

While coverage has occasionally treated GamerGate as being about white men resisting diversity in gaming, many women and minorities have come out in support of the movement.[67] A portion of those women and minorities that supported the #GamerGate movement took issue with the widespread description of the movement as misogynistic, asserting that the focus on misogyny served mainly to "deflect criticism" of gaming journalism, according to The Washington Post.[1] A second Twitter hashtag, "#NotYourShield", began to be used with the intention of showing that women and other minorities in the gaming community were also seeking changes in the ethical guidelines of the video game industry and press, whilst denying that the core issues behind #GamerGate were driven by sexism.[4][1][78] William Usher on Cinemablend argued that the accusations of misogyny use women as a "shield to be silently used in order for gaming media — and those that gaming media represents — to push an agenda".

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 06:54:55 PM »
Howzabout we have both equal representation and ethical journalism?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:23 AM »
I think it's a little silly to insist this must be "about" one thing, and only one thing.  It is bringing up the issue of misogyny, whether or not that was the original intent.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:18:45 AM »
Except the ones championing the cause like anita sarkeesian are dishonest pieces of shit, who haven't been able to find much that is actually out of order so they start making things up and using rhetoric.
I will never stop...