Author Topic: Do you have a plan for when TeH SHTF?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Do you have a plan for when TeH SHTF?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 05:02:39 AM »
Civil defense has always been of interest to me and I try to be ready for most problems.  I have food, water, heaters, fuel, 2 generators, and tools and supplies to temporarily fix most anything at my house including the house itself.  As far as protecting things if it gets really bad I don't have any working guns but I do have a multitude of other weapons along with some stuff that goes boom and I'm rather devious when it comes to traps.  One of my projects that I have not started beyond the collection of materials is making a wood gasifier to power my smaller generator which would take care of the fuel problem

My plan is to go to Parts' house.  :autism:

Given the condition of your hometown, when will you be leaving? :trollface:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 06:19:42 AM »
  My hometown is fine at the moment.  No shootings on my street in years.   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 08:40:35 AM »
  My hometown is fine at the moment.  No shootings on my street in years.   :2thumbsup:

:thumbup:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »

My mom will take care of me.  :zoinks:

Here you are hiding in your old room while your mom is outside guarding the property!

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
Civil defense has always been of interest to me and I try to be ready for most problems.  I have food, water, heaters, fuel, 2 generators, and tools and supplies to temporarily fix most anything at my house including the house itself.  As far as protecting things if it gets really bad I don't have any working guns but I do have a multitude of other weapons along with some stuff that goes boom and I'm rather devious when it comes to traps.  One of my projects that I have not started beyond the collection of materials is making a wood gasifier to power my smaller generator which would take care of the fuel problem

I'm taking reservations now don't wait to long or the list will be full  bring  guns, ammo, food or fuel :zoinks:  I do have a few friends who have said they would head here if things ever did get really bad and as long as people bring useful stuff fine by me.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:54:45 PM by Parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
  I work in a kitchen.  I have access to massive quantities of food.  >:D

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 01:55:05 PM »
  I work in a kitchen.  I have access to massive quantities of food.  >:D

:2thumbsup:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »
Based on our ages (72 and 65) and the PR's handicaps I don't envision being able to survive anything catastrophic.  I'll leave it to the more deserving members of humanity.

I did not know you were so fucking old. I really thought I hated you only because you represent my most hated Monarchs. (politics can be a bitch, sometimes)

:throws jacket over puddle:  :offers hand:

Yeah, not to put too fine a point on it all, you fall into the first group of those to die, along with my own self, in an emergency "life suddenly turns impossible" situation.

Sorry.

Mostly, those with any kind of disability, affliction, advanced age, those needing medication, or those who can not walk or run for a few miles in an hour, etc,   

... SHTF  and you are out of the game.

Basically, as you probably already have done, I would say get things in order, as I have, and make yourself prepared for an end game scenario in which you will be setting your young ones free to fend for themselves, lest we become burdens and such.

My goal is to teach my kids everything I know, as fast as they can learn it and help them be as self sufficient as they can ever be.

I am amazed that you are still here (meaning, on this site), trying to help others.

I applaud your efforts.
 :2thumbsup:

... but, before we both die,  I have to ask:  What the fuck is it with the queen shit!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

To me our United States Of America was toiled on three occasions to just gain freedom from those fucking horrid Brits, then after another eighty years we went to war with our own selves, brother against brother, to resolve one of the most fundamentally WRONG things left over from British rule that a full third of the country subscribed to, STILL.

Why the fuck would you give an inkling of an assfart to a fucking Brit?  OK, I have Irish ancestors, if that helps to define my American hyper-patriotism.

I have no regard for those who  built an empire by keeping slaves, white or black or orange or yellow or tatoo'ed for that matter ...

The mere fact that it took our Perfectly described Constitution over one hundred fifty years to evict British rule disgusts me and if it results  from a  from of or a basic lack of intestinal fortitude that we Americans have suffered these horrors of left over artifacts from British rule, then we all have some work to do.. The simple words were enough. Why the fuck did it take so long to remove Ancient British rule from our shores!!??!!???

... but back to my question;  WTF is up with the fucking Queen thing?

... back to topic, though, Water?

I have this fear that most people take for granted that they can have all the water they want, but what if "all the water you want"  is contaminated?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:56:10 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 10:03:35 PM »

My mom will take care of me.  :zoinks:

Cute.

My mom is seventy eight years old.

Yeah, she still keeps a hell of a farm full of animals going, but it is only a matter of SHORT time before THAT all ends.

Sorry, but no positive comments are allowed in this thread.

:police:

:lol1:

Let it rip, dude.

Give me a reason to think that TeH SHIT IS NOT ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN, etc.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 10:40:46 PM »
@ DirtDawg - I'm Queen Victoria for several reasons:

I'm short (4'10"), fat (235 lbs), silver haired, and old.  Like the pictures we're most familiar with of the Queen.  I'm Queen Victoria, QueenVictoria, QueenVictoriaMum or Queen Victoria Mum on most websites.

Years ago, a banter was started here and it involved me teasing about being Queen Victoria.  Couldbecousin and some others took the ball and continued the banter.  I simply changed my name from weakling to Queen Victoria.

Lastly, the true shocker - I am really a monarchist at heart.  Elizabeth 2 was the first monarch I admired.  Next came Victoria, then Eleanor of Aquitaine (although she wasn't really a monarch - but damn, what a woman), then Mary 1, then Elizabeth 1, and lastly Anne.  My favorite king is "Henry, by G_d, King of England" (2).  I read almost any royal biography or history of London or England I can find. 

I rather like the idea of someone, the monarch, to handle most of the public relations work for the country while leaving the politics to Parliament.  And I do believe that Queen Elizabeth has the interests of her subjects in her heart and gives the Prime Minister something to think about at times.

End of explanation.  Peace between us.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »
This is something I will not be stockpiling for the catastrophe:

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »

I'm taking reservations now don't wait to long or the list will be full  bring  guns, ammo, food or fuel :zoinks:  I do have a few friends who have said they would head here if things ever did get really bad and as long as people bring useful stuff fine by me.

I would join forces, but I think it's too populated where you're at.

I think if the SHTF I want to be as far away from the general population as possible. :LOL:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 04:49:09 AM »

I would join forces, but I think it's too populated where you're at.

I think if the SHTF I want to be as far away from the general population as possible. :LOL:

There are definitely too many people around here but moving is just not in the cards in the near future,  so I make due with what I have

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 05:03:44 AM »
This is something I will not be stockpiling for the catastrophe:

:GA:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 05:26:23 AM »
Unless it's zombies, no.

If it is, I plan on commanding my undead minions.

I would expect no less.

Where you been, goof ball?

in other threads for a while.

Before that, following different paths.