Author Topic: Do you have a plan for when TeH SHTF?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Do you have a plan for when TeH SHTF?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 06:19:15 AM »
They're inverted.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:41 AM »
They're inverted.

I've noticed, but I prefer no clarification on what that means. :GA:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 01:24:50 PM »
Unless it's zombies, no.

If it is, I plan on commanding my undead minions.

I would expect no less.

Where you been, goof ball?

in other threads for a while.

Before that, following different paths.

Glad to see you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »
I've had a plan for when the SHTF since I was in my early 20's.  8)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »
I had one earlier than that - but stopped caring much sometime in my 20's.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »
I have this fear that most people take for granted that they can have all the water they want, but what if "all the water you want"  is contaminated?

Being Dutch, and living below sea level, taking water for granted is no option.

Hoarding on water neither (apart from a few bottles). If shit hits the fan by terrorists blowing up the defense system against water, the only option is hoping to travel light and be away, or get saved, in time.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »
I have this fear that most people take for granted that they can have all the water they want, but what if "all the water you want"  is contaminated?

Hoarding on water neither (apart from a few bottles). If shit hits the fan by terrorists blowing up the defense system against water, the only option is hoping to travel light and be away, or get saved, in time.

That would bother me,  being at just 28 feet (8.5m) above sea level where I am is bad enough.  During the last two hurricanes the surges were about 13 feet and reached the end of my road and during one they left a boat there.

As to contaminated drinking water if you know that it is rigging up a still is fairly easy or you can keep one of those camping filters handy.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 06:56:47 PM »

My plan is to go to Parts' house.  :autism:

My mom will take care of me.  :zoinks:

Here you are hiding in your old room while your mom is outside guarding the property!

I'm guarding the food hoard.  :zoinks: Mom wont let me have a grenade launcher.  :violin:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 11:13:51 PM »
I don't really have a plan. If things go to hell, I'm pretty sure I'll follow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »

That would bother me,  being at just 28 feet (8.5m) above sea level where I am is bad enough.  During the last two hurricanes the surges were about 13 feet and reached the end of my road and during one they left a boat there.

As to contaminated drinking water if you know that it is rigging up a still is fairly easy or you can keep one of those camping filters handy.

The still idea is brilliant and I have not seen it used much more then to make molotovs or trading liquor.

Great idea!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »
I don't really have a plan. If things go to hell, I'm pretty sure I'll follow.

TBH, I am just getting started. I have about enough food set by to last for about six months, but that only includes my family. What if other family members show up?

As long as I have been an adult, I have hoarded guns and ammo (I own a ridiculously diverse arsenal and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, but I do not have much to protect except for our lives.) I have three safes bolted to the foundation which keep an impressive supply of weaponry, being an American and all. I can certainly arm our neighborhood, not that it would be needed; everyone here has plenty of shit to shoot with.

But, honestly, what do I have to protect with all that advanced weaponry, except our own lives.  SO, I can kill anything that moves for months, but after a few months, what do we eat?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:33:45 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »

Oh, btw, I have also been hoarding seeds of all the plants I can imagine that will grow true or at all. Only problem is that most of those preparations require months to be useful.

While vacuum packed dry goods and dehydrated meats may last for many years, I have not even tried to store any that way.

Maybe we should think this through a bit.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 07:41:02 PM »
oops duplicate post.

Sorry
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:46:22 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »

My plan is to go to Parts' house.  :autism:

My mom will take care of me.  :zoinks:

Here you are hiding in your old room while your mom is outside guarding the property!

I'm guarding the food hoard.  :zoinks: Mom wont let me have a grenade launcher.  :violin:

Maybe you just need a rifle and a handgun to protect your  "whole"  in the ground.

Or I ask again, what does your  "whole" contain that is worth defending?

Rhetorical! Do not answer, but think about it for real for a few minutes.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »
I think the hurdle to anyone's survival will be other people...STFO and GTFO of Dodge if you want to survive.  Take the immediate family or a select few and disappear like a hermit into the woods.

It wouldn't be bad at first, but as things got worse your neighbors, your friends, those people you know that you like, but can't quite understand how they made it as far in life as they did because they aren't the brightest crayons in the box, or the ones with grown kids that are slowly sucking the life out of them (and we all know a few)...will suck you down like a drowning rat hanging onto a stick trying to stay afloat.