Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 461 times)

Ashley Theguest

Ouch!
« on: December 15, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »
As well as partcipating in brilliant discussions here I also engage with people at a forum for disabled people. The people there are funny, insightful, supportive, helpful and at times political. The BBC is a British Broadcasting Company but it is renowned worldwide and it's a warm, inviting place so non-British people should feel welcome. The Ouch! forum is an unsurpassed venue to discuss disability politics and believe it or not everyone there with a few exceptions is interested in all disabled people and doesn't care for hierarchies nor questions how disabled anyone is; you are just accepted as soon as you start contributing. You can also browse the Ouch! webpage which includes columnists' articles and features and some funny extras. There used to be one young Aspie who contributed a column but not any longer. Nevertheless there are a few Asperger's people who are regular posters, besides Charlie Chaplins (Dyspraxics), nuts and crips. I hope I can get away with all those common (or perhaps not-so-common in the case of a certain black and white matinee idol) insults now I'm a member of the crip club!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbouch/

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ouch!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 01:37:59 PM »
* Nomaken pauses as if reflecting on something, then opens his mouth as if coming to a conclusion.

I am a cynic.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 01:39:40 PM »
Hi Ashley.  It is good to see you again.  How is life treating you?

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
I read the ouch site a lot, it's good.   

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »
Interesting stuff... thanks!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein