Educational

Author Topic: I need to take a break from intensity  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: I need to take a break from intensity
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:16 PM »
My smoldering gaze.  :autism:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
I'd expect no less of you raxis.

But scared of what? still, I miss her. I'd love the chance to meet ana some day, got nothing but good things to say about her from all the time I've known her:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2017, 12:15:01 PM »
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2017, 08:35:29 AM »
There was a time that Intensity was a place that the vulnerable or the fragile were quickly exposed and destroyed. This place was for those that could handle the rough and tumble. Anyone remember TeeJay? Anyone? No? I liked TeeJay. He joined around the same time I did. Sensitive kid. Early twenties, just trying to work things out. Back then it was the wild west. Quick or the dead. TeeJay would have done GREAT NOW. Back then he was fresh meat. I remember the conversation he had with me where he poured out his soul to me saying that he wanted to "get on" here but was not fitting in and how this stressed him and how he thought he simply would not fit. I told him that I suspected his assessment was correct. He would fit now but he was getting too upset over snide remarks and wanted desperately to fit.

TeeJay left on my suggestion and was likely happier for it. I have never done this since but after him and after people like TCO. I've come to understand that some people are not a good fit for this place at any particular time. It says nothing of them as people. It is what it is.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
The place has changed a lot over the years. I think a big part of it is so many of us who have been here forever have aged and changed as well. I find I have far less tolerance for bullshit and drama and no desire to argue for the sake of arguing but that's just me.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2017, 10:12:52 PM »
Yes definitely miss K. I see it in you. I used to worry about you a fair bit you know. Now? empathy, sympathy, certainly, luv ya to bits, but worry? I've seen you as you once were and as you are now and now you've a lovely set of sharp teeth and know how to use them. Of that, I'm glad. I've seen you turn from the fought to the fighter and it warms my heart, it really does.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2017, 02:18:13 AM »
The place has changed a lot over the years. I think a big part of it is so many of us who have been here forever have aged and changed as well. I find I have far less tolerance for bullshit and drama and no desire to argue for the sake of arguing but that's just me.

It's not just that we're all older, we also know each other better.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2017, 02:44:59 AM »
There was no Twitter, back then. :P
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2017, 02:49:07 AM »
Can't say I'd miss it if it disappeared. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2017, 02:55:40 AM »
I only read about it.

Reports of Twitter are way worse than the stories about I2 ever were.

Apparently lots of people take it serious. Most politicians tweet.

I2 may have 'mellowed down' over time, but there is a whole new world out there filling the gap.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2017, 05:35:42 AM »
All I know is while I was on WP was that Laz, Mutate, RobertN and Peaguy used this place. I used to talk to those people.
:dog:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2017, 07:11:51 AM »
Yes definitely miss K. I see it in you. I used to worry about you a fair bit you know. Now? empathy, sympathy, certainly, luv ya to bits, but worry? I've seen you as you once were and as you are now and now you've a lovely set of sharp teeth and know how to use them. Of that, I'm glad. I've seen you turn from the fought to the fighter and it warms my heart, it really does.
I think you have my confused with someone else. I was never targeted by people on here. Most already knew me from other boards.

It's not just that we're all older, we also know each other better.
very true.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2017, 07:49:31 AM »
I think you have my confused with someone else. I was never targeted by people on here. Most already knew me from other boards.

Think you've always been able to show your teeth when you thought it was necessary.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »

Think you've always been able to show your teeth when you thought it was necessary.
I thought so too. Odd to read someone else's perspective. I've never been the shy not speak up for myself type.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2017, 05:24:11 AM »
Lestat does get people mixed up with each other sometimes. It has occasionally led to considerable cofusion/ moments of hilarity. Just another of his annoyng/endearing traits, quite possibly connected with his ingestion  of various unofficial meds.
Don't worry about it ;)