Author Topic: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists'  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists'
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 07:11:30 PM »
I think her remark is way over the top and she would have been better off keeping her mouth shut.

But I do have to say if a terrorist intends on coming into the country...killing/injuring maybe 100's or 1,000's of men, women, or children just to make a statement, or for some butt hurt political or racial agenda...I really don't care what they do to them if they're caught.

If someone has basically no regard for my life, the people I love, and the lives of others...what regard "should" I have for theirs?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »
I can certainly sympathise with your position but there's the little matter of proof. Waterboarding and other similar methods are used to produce confessions, but how much is such a confession worth?

Or is Palin saying that once there's a confession, THEN she waterboards terrorists?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 05:57:41 AM »
I think her remark is way over the top and she would have been better off keeping her mouth shut.

But I do have to say if a terrorist intends on coming into the country...killing/injuring maybe 100's or 1,000's of men, women, or children just to make a statement, or for some butt hurt political or racial agenda...I really don't care what they do to them if they're caught.

If someone has basically no regard for my life, the people I love, and the lives of others...what regard "should" I have for theirs?

Now that I analyze it more, I think that it's unusually smart for her to have said this. Going into the midterm elections, Democrats risk being called soft on terrorism if they disagree with her, and her base already supports her statements. The issue is that a lot of Sarah Palin's supporters are single-issue voters in terms of gun rights, and the Democrats have already lost that battle. The question is how her statements would go over with moderates.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
Or is Palin saying that once there's a confession, THEN she waterboards terrorists?
She's showing she's a good Christian who believes everyone should be baptized.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 02:07:33 AM »
She's showing she's a good Christian who believes everyone should be baptized.

:laugh:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 02:09:45 AM »

Now that I analyze it more, I think that it's unusually smart for her to have said this. Going into the midterm elections, Democrats risk being called soft on terrorism if they disagree with her, and her base already supports her statements. The issue is that a lot of Sarah Palin's supporters are single-issue voters in terms of gun rights, and the Democrats have already lost that battle. The question is how her statements would go over with moderates.

As you say, Democrats have already lost that particular battle, so I think it's fairly safe to disagree with her, soft or not. You are simply disagreeing with a nutjob.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »
Shes made religious people upset over this comment. (I know some of the complainers)

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 12:05:52 AM »

As you say, Democrats have already lost that particular battle, so I think it's fairly safe to disagree with her, soft or not. You are simply disagreeing with a nutjob.

But the Democrats have to come up with some sort of platform going into the midterm elections, and the lack of any major terrorist attacks under the Obama administration is as good as anything else they have, I think. After invading Afghanistan and Iraq under President Bush, Osama bin Laden was finally killed by the command of President Obama.

Democrats can't rely on the economy (which continues to do poorly) for a platform. There haven't been any large labor issues that I'm aware of, because there are no jobs. Obamacare is doing alright, but it's not turning out as well as President Obama implied it would, and it has been a fiasco for everyone.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 02:26:31 AM »

But the Democrats have to come up with some sort of platform going into the midterm elections, and the lack of any major terrorist attacks under the Obama administration is as good as anything else they have, I think. After invading Afghanistan and Iraq under President Bush, Osama bin Laden was finally killed by the command of President Obama.

Democrats can't rely on the economy (which continues to do poorly) for a platform. There haven't been any large labor issues that I'm aware of, because there are no jobs. Obamacare is doing alright, but it's not turning out as well as President Obama implied it would, and it has been a fiasco for everyone.

/shrugs

Still think disagreeing with Sarah Palin should count as a merit.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 05:36:29 AM »

/shrugs

Still think disagreeing with Sarah Palin should count as a merit.

It depends on what she's saying, although her chance of saying something agreeable is much less than that of the average Republican. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
All she'd have to say is "I'm going to off myself" and I'd not only agree but actively help her.

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »
All she'd have to say is "I'm going to off myself" and I'd not only agree but actively help her.
No way in hell I'd ever help someone that wealthy with that kind of endeavor.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 11:02:20 PM »

But it would be my pleasure. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 06:23:55 AM »

If someone killed Sarah Palin they may be considered a cultural hero, but they'd still go the fuck to jail forever.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:36 AM »

:arrr: