Educational

Author Topic: What are You watching?  (Read 72998 times)

Teejay

Re: What are You watching?
« Reply #1170 on: February 23, 2009, 12:20:07 AM »
Fatherland. It sucks. Germania looks like the Soviet Union but with Nazi symbols.  ::)

I agree, a victorious Third Reich would have been a very strange place. Also if anything the victorious third world would have boasted about their extermination of the European Jewry, saying they did the whole world a favor.

The Roman Republic and Empire would be a good example of an victorious Third Reich, the Romans were very brutal lot, they celebrated what we see today as war crimes or crimes against humanity and made human sacrifice into mass entertainment.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:25:50 AM by Howard Moon »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1171 on: February 23, 2009, 02:29:05 AM »
Finished season #5 of The Sopranos. Bought #6 so I'll continue watching tonight. Yay for DVD boxes. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #1172 on: March 31, 2009, 03:16:03 PM »
The Number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I like it so far, and I'm thinking about finding the books once the series finishes on HBO.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1173 on: March 31, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
One of the concessions my wife made on my behalf is that I got a brief trip to my favorite store while we were shopping for furniture. "Bargain used disks"  are common there. I bought lots of stuff!

One thing I brought home was the entire "Battlestar Gallactica" series.  I have never seen any of it as I was very much involved away from any television when it was on.
(but I fucking LOVE scf-fi - :D)
I have just put in the first disk.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #1174 on: March 31, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
"The Last Extinction" on Nova

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #1175 on: March 31, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »
Reaper.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

TheoK

« Reply #1176 on: March 31, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »
Fatherland. It sucks. Germania looks like the Soviet Union but with Nazi symbols.  ::)

I agree, a victorious Third Reich would have been a very strange place. Also if anything the victorious third world would have boasted about their extermination of the European Jewry, saying they did the whole world a favor.

The Roman Republic and Empire would be a good example of an victorious Third Reich, the Romans were very brutal lot, they celebrated what we see today as war crimes or crimes against humanity and made human sacrifice into mass entertainment.

I think every European dictator with ambitions wanted to be a new Cæsar. The Roman Empire nominally lived forth as the Holy Roman Empire of German nation until 1806. "Heil Hitler" is just a German variety of "Ave Cæsar". They'd probably made TV shows like Gladiator, where people killed each other for real, just like in Roman times.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1177 on: March 31, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »
I watched House, but Law and Order is on now.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #1179 on: April 01, 2009, 04:40:37 AM »
SBS World News
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #1180 on: April 01, 2009, 07:05:46 AM »
Charmed.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1181 on: April 01, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
Enjoying the work of Werner Herzog at the moment:

Encounters at the end of the world
Grizzly Man
Fitzcarraldo
Aguirre, The Wrath of God

and others.

Heres a short documentary film by him filmed around a deserted town as a local volcano is about to erupt. Definitely worth a look.

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=6030777691067019968&ei=MNHTSbbbEYWb-AbktMilDA&q=werner+herzog&emb=1&dur=3

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1182 on: April 03, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »
SG movies.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1183 on: April 04, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »
Earlier The Ninth Gate

Right now The 6th Day
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1184 on: April 04, 2009, 03:45:54 PM »
Watched House today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein