Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 9228 times)

Litigious

Re: Global Warming
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »
So why all this whining about it? I'd also like to buy gas for $0.50/litre. And drive as fast as I wanted, of course.  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42:33 PM »
So why all this whining about it? I'd also like to buy gas for $0.50/litre. And drive as fast as I wanted, of course.  8)

I wouldn't say no to those prices either. OTOH, maybe I should get a car that's a bit cheaper to drive than the one I have now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_P

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 03:08:03 PM »
I wonder, though: Does my *insert an infinite amount of great* "grandmother" (Earth) have feelings? Does she feel pain like my mom does when I argue with her? Why do we care so much about some insignificant rock circling around the Sun? We think we're better than nature, so why don't we invest in building space colonies to search for a new home to abuse to our content? Steven Hawking's being smug about the idea, the arrogant spaz.

Litigious

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 03:09:52 PM »
Only wimps are environmentalists.  8)

The_P

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »

Why are they wimps because they're in a different world to yours? It doesn't matter how humans try to be above everything, you lot fall flat in your face when nature rips up another arsehole in mankind through the form of a hurricane or a huge swarm of locusts or killer bees.

I feel like some prophet of doom when I sprout out stuff like this. Who cares about facts when you can use rhetoric? Nothing wrong with lying now and again to spice things up a little.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:13:45 PM by The_P »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »

I disagree with this.  There are some environmentalists who are warrior types.  There are some who drive spikes in trees so that they will be more dangerous for loggers to cut down, for example.

Litigious

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 03:14:51 PM »

I disagree with this.  There are some environmentalists who are warrior types.  There are some who drive spikes in trees so that they will be more dangerous for loggers to cut down, for example.

That's kind of brave. It'd be even braver to put booby traps or something in them, though.  8)

The_P

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »

I disagree with this.  There are some environmentalists who are warrior types.  There are some who drive spikes in trees so that they will be more dangerous for loggers to cut down, for example.

That's kind of brave. It'd be even braver to put booby traps or something in them, though.  8)

My Lord says that death shall come to thee!

Litigious

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »
Oh, yes, in 50 years or something.  8)

The_P

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
Oh, yes, in 50 years or something.  8)

Behold, the Power of God!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »
For a while, I thought this was the last word thread... ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »

I disagree with this.  There are some environmentalists who are warrior types.  There are some who drive spikes in trees so that they will be more dangerous for loggers to cut down, for example.

Tig, have you ever picked up or even seen a twelve horsepower chainsaw or bigger? It's not something the average "dude" can operate. They are enormous and a couple of spikes driven into a tree at waist level on an angle is one hell of a booby trap.

I would like us all to recognize that John Muir was nobody's wimp!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:41:43 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 03:41:52 PM »
After Global Warming We will have a new Ice Age. ;)

Well, actually it's a possible consequence of global warming, yes. Melt some of Greenland and you'll stop the Golf Stream, and you'll have a new ice age in no time.
Greenland is melting.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 03:43:36 PM »
... as is Antarctica. Google B15 iceberg, for instance.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:46:21 PM »
I have actually used a chainsaw several times but not a 12 horsepower one, at least not that I know of. I was kind of provoking. Of course it might be a deadly trap to hit spikes with a chainsaw of any kind. They're not toys.