Author Topic: any crud munchin lacto-rosco-pico-ovo-vulcan's in the house?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: any crud munchin lacto-rosco-pico-ovo-vulcan's in the house?
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »
Tofu is for monsters.

My Luna is a cat very wel behaving, most of the time. The only time she tries to nick human food is when I make a tofu dish with curry and amonds.

Yes, sometimes she's a monster.

:laugh:
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »
Vegetarianism is wrong and causes global warming.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »
I do wonder about the meat, egg and dairy industry though. The latter two are horrible, with the way they treat animals. As for meat, I'm undecided because it's really hard to find videos of animal cruelty that goes on in the UK.

The main issue for me is not about consuming them at all, I think it's natural and absolutely fine. We're supposed to eat meat. It's the way they treat animals that bothers me. It's unbelievable what they do in America. I'm not sure if they do the same in the UK, Peta for instance, even their UK website isn't informative, it annoys me.

Cos if I knew what was going on, I could do something about it and buy meat etc. from places that don't torture animals.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
I'll also add, the food industry generally will try to get away with as much as it can, mislabelling foods and whathaveyou (though it isn't as bad as in China where they add poisonous stuff).

So my thinking is, if *everyone* decided to stop buying meat from places that treated animals cruelly, and instead from places that treated animals humanely, it would not get any better. The industry would just find alternate labelling and still use the same places to mass raise and kill animals in the same ways they did before.

So is the alternative for everyone to go vegan?  :-\