Educational

Author Topic: any crud munchin lacto-rosco-pico-ovo-vulcan's in the house?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: any crud munchin lacto-rosco-pico-ovo-vulcan's in the house?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 01:25:27 PM »
I'm offended they didn't list meatatarian, I'm going to sue :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »

Ok, what the fuck is this for?
One would think primarily, food allergies to be the most important purpose; though allergy almost seems like an afterthought.

Spiced with some political correctness.

Actually, no, more the other way around. Allergy is only mentioned in the title. That's why it seems like an afterthought.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
Yes, parents quite frequently force their diets on their kids, never realising that while an adult might want to cut down on something or the other, a child very frequently shouldn't.
When it comes to actual force, it's probably more common to find old school clean plate clubbers who make them eat things they find repulsive or continue eating when they say they're full. Can't view a relaxed family gathering over healthy food to be forcing anything, regardless of what's served.

I'm sure there's those, too.

That's how they did things at Finnish elementary school when I was a kid. You weren't allowed to leave the table until you'd emptied the plate.

I won every time. WTF were they supposed to do? Skip the next lesson or kidnap me?

Of course there's those too, plenty of them. Certainly everyone has seen a member of the clean plate club and their methods of force.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »

That offended me I'm suing you also :zoinks: :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »
I'm offended by you being offended. See you in court.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 12:58:23 AM »
Oh, no ground animal in cattle food anymore.

And there is this.
:thumbup:

The farmers probably did not even now the extra food they bought for their cows and sheep had been enhanced with rest-products of slaughterhouses.
I don't agree.  Well, OK, some maybe.  The ones that did not know *should have*.   It was mishandled from the start.  Support for British Agriculture and farming is so strong it even prompted the Tories and The Labour Party to close ranks.  The successive Tory Governments and their public spending cuts freed the agriculture industry from any state regulation.  Research by scientists and Universities on agriculture and food were slashed.  Setting the stage somewhat, I think.

Another thing I can blame Maggie for  :zoinks:   In fact I am sure I can link all problems in UK since 1979 to Thatcher.   :zoinks:

Seriously,  the following government of Tony Blair set up an enquiry.  Carefully selecting those on board who would not apportion blame.  Sugar coating it to appear as a natural disaster.  After the farmers got their compensation for the destruction of their animals the victims and their families were offered compensation.  However, it was conditional  -  they had to agree that no law suits would be filed.  That sucks.  See what I mean about support for agriculture?  The reality was that other nations were more successfully farming than us.  That did not sit well.  British pride and all that.  :thumbdn:

My country has the weird situation that it is in the top of the list of prescribing as little as possible antibiotics for humans, and in the top of the list of using huge amounts of antibiotics in production animals. Those antibiotics were already a problem when I was in primary school. Somehow production is more important than anything else.

MRSA problems in the Netherlands mainly start on farms. So, before you get admitted to a hospital, you have to tell if you have been on a farm recently.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
Oh, no ground animal in cattle food anymore.

And there is this.
:thumbup:

The farmers probably did not even now the extra food they bought for their cows and sheep had been enhanced with rest-products of slaughterhouses.
I don't agree.  Well, OK, some maybe.  The ones that did not know *should have*.   It was mishandled from the start.  Support for British Agriculture and farming is so strong it even prompted the Tories and The Labour Party to close ranks.  The successive Tory Governments and their public spending cuts freed the agriculture industry from any state regulation.  Research by scientists and Universities on agriculture and food were slashed.  Setting the stage somewhat, I think.

Another thing I can blame Maggie for  :zoinks:   In fact I am sure I can link all problems in UK since 1979 to Thatcher.   :zoinks:

Seriously,  the following government of Tony Blair set up an enquiry.  Carefully selecting those on board who would not apportion blame.  Sugar coating it to appear as a natural disaster.  After the farmers got their compensation for the destruction of their animals the victims and their families were offered compensation.  However, it was conditional  -  they had to agree that no law suits would be filed.  That sucks.  See what I mean about support for agriculture?  The reality was that other nations were more successfully farming than us.  That did not sit well.  British pride and all that.  :thumbdn:

My country has the weird situation that it is in the top of the list of prescribing as little as possible antibiotics for humans, and in the top of the list of using huge amounts of antibiotics in production animals. Those antibiotics were already a problem when I was in primary school. Somehow production is more important than anything else.

MRSA problems in the Netherlands mainly start on farms. So, before you get admitted to a hospital, you have to tell if you have been on a farm recently.

It's boggling the health risks that come with farming, not counting the accidents. Farmers are at higher risk for MRSA, leukemia, lung cancer...and other things. My grandfather died of leukemia...everyone always blamed the mine (he was a mine mechanic), but they also owned a dairy farm.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »
Why are they at higher risk for leukemia? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 12:50:19 AM »
Higher risk of MRSA, lung problems, because of fine dust and ammonia breaking down lung defense mechanism, accidents, suicide, I was aware of those. Never heard about a higher risk of leukemia.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
Why are they at higher risk for leukemia? :-\

Chemicals in fertilizers, pesticides, diesel fuel...there's also a wide debate on Bovine Leukosis Virus (leukemia in cattle/common and causes no symptoms in the animal carrying it) and it's transference to humans...some say there's no conclusive risk and it's not transferable...some say definitely yes there is to the farmers that are drinking the unpasteurized milk and dealing with the bodily fluids of cattle that are infected...a study in 2007 states 89% of all U.S. dairy farms have cattle that tested positive.

farming communities have higher rates of leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and soft tissue sarcoma, as well as cancers of the skin, lip, stomach, brain, and prostate.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/ahs

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »
That's pretty awful. I wonder if this is the case all over the world. :-\

One of my clients is The Federation of Swedish Farmers--my favourite, in fact. They are great to work with. Our main contact there is a lobbyist who is very knowledgeable about anything related to farming in the EU. I'm going to have a chat with him at some point.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »
Yes, parents quite frequently force their diets on their kids, never realising that while an adult might want to cut down on something or the other, a child very frequently shouldn't.
When it comes to actual force, it's probably more common to find old school clean plate clubbers who make them eat things they find repulsive or continue eating when they say they're full. Can't view a relaxed family gathering over healthy food to be forcing anything, regardless of what's served.

My parents were of that school.  I choked down oatmeal on cold mornings, I forced myself to finish dinner
   portions that were more than I needed or wanted.  My parents made it an issue of obedience and respect.  ::)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »

Some of us are breatharians, and expect fair representation.  :M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2017, 08:40:43 AM »

My parents were of that school.  I choked down oatmeal on cold mornings, I forced myself to finish dinner
   portions that were more than I needed or wanted.  My parents made it an issue of obedience and respect.  ::)

Husband tried to impose that crap once when the kids were small. Told him no one ever did that to me, and I'd be resentful if someone forced me to eat something I find disgusting. He said his parents did it to him. Asked how he feels when thinking back on it as an adult. He said, kind of bitter. That was the end of that. :laugh: