Author Topic: *Employment* Rates?  (Read 461 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
*Employment* Rates?
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:02:33 AM »
Can any stats nerds link me to anything on the BLS or similar re: what percentage of working-age people in the US *are* employed (and what percentage of that are employed full-time)?  If there's info on what percentage of THAT population are earning a living wage (or aren't working because they're in a household where their partner's income covers them both), that would be fantastic.  As would historical comparisons.

Even with the U-7 (which is a more accurate representation than what gets reported in the news), it's obfuscated by issues like people on social security, incarcerated, otherwise institutionalized, having dropped out of the labor force because nobody's hiring them (this can directly result in people who can probably work if the right job exists trying for disability, btw), and in school (often synonymous with having dropped out of the labor force, at this point).  Also by people working part-time, and, frankly, I think that the people who are working full-time, minimum-wage and still eligible for (and in need of) government assistance to get by really kind of inappropriately pad the implied employment rate, too.  You can't subtract the unemployment rate from 100% and come up with the number of people who are working and making enough money to get by.

Anyway, I'm assuming this measure probably doesn't exist (honestly I think it's probably so abysmal that the government is disincentified to report it), but if it does, I want to see it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:41 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: *Employment* Rates?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:10:29 AM »
Link

Is this what you're looking for? If so, have fun with it. ;)
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:11:01 PM »
Link

Is this what you're looking for? If so, have fun with it. ;)
It's perfect.  Just spent some lovely time clicking around and depressing myself.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »
Can any stats nerds link me to anything on the BLS or similar re: what percentage of working-age people in the US *are* employed (and what percentage of that are employed full-time)?  If there's info on what percentage of THAT population are earning a living wage (or aren't working because they're in a household where their partner's income covers them both), that would be fantastic.  As would historical comparisons.

Even with the U-7 (which is a more accurate representation than what gets reported in the news), it's obfuscated by issues like people on social security, incarcerated, otherwise institutionalized, having dropped out of the labor force because nobody's hiring them (this can directly result in people who can probably work if the right job exists trying for disability, btw), and in school (often synonymous with having dropped out of the labor force, at this point).  Also by people working part-time, and, frankly, I think that the people who are working full-time, minimum-wage and still eligible for (and in need of) government assistance to get by really kind of inappropriately pad the implied employment rate, too.  You can't subtract the unemployment rate from 100% and come up with the number of people who are working and making enough money to get by.

Anyway, I'm assuming this measure probably doesn't exist (honestly I think it's probably so abysmal that the government is disincentified to report it), but if it does, I want to see it.

I'd rather shit on a fart. I don't want to look. I don't!
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 12:43:24 PM »
Goddamn you Elle. I looked. HERE, TAKE THE DAMN POISONOUS TRUTHS YOU WANT SO MUCH   :laugh:

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

Good 'nough right?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite