Author Topic: Weird things that stood out, reading the news.  (Read 1827 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Weird things that stood out, reading the news.
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
I am now fairly convinced that Catholicism actually has it's roots in worship of demonic spirits. Its strange because in modern times the religion is considered to be one of much virtue. The pope is looked at as a heroic icon even by the atheistic, and the religion has vastly changed over time from it's darker roots.

It makes me wonder how often ideology starts radicalized, then softens and eventually no longer resembles itself over time.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »
Be careful where you send your pictures...

During an erotic texting session with his girlfriend, a teacher at the St. Ursula School in Horn, Limburg, accidentally send a picture of his penis to a group of students in one of his classes. An investigation made by the Foundation for Education in Middle-Limburg (SOML) determined that it was “a very stupid mistake,” and that the sexting incident was done without malicious intent.

It was decided that the teacher will continue to teach at the school, but not to those students who saw the explicit picture.

The school board also decided there was no reasons to enforce stricter rules on communications between students and teachers, as all agree on the convenience and practicality of discussions using social media, Chairman of the SOML Executive Board Thieu Kikken told 1Limburg.nl

Imagine the moral panic that would have ensued in some parts of the world.
:indeed:

I liked the pragmatic approach here.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »
I am now fairly convinced that Catholicism actually has it's roots in worship of demonic spirits. Its strange because in modern times the religion is considered to be one of much virtue. The pope is looked at as a heroic icon even by the atheistic, and the religion has vastly changed over time from it's darker roots.

It makes me wonder how often ideology starts radicalized, then softens and eventually no longer resembles itself over time.

The Roman Catholics copied the Romans. They incorporated religious habits of areas they conquered. Making it Roman Catholic habits. Look at saint celebrations in some countries, they are fairly identical to older heathen celebrations, and on the same day. But slowly the aim of the celebration changed. Lots of old lore has been saved in a changed mode that way. The Roman Empire did the same, when conquering Europe. Incorporate what people value, give it a twist and say it is part of the Roman lore and belief. Romanise the gods, make them a temple too. Ad some civilian rights and safety and roads, and conquering becomes a piece of cake.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »

During an erotic texting session with his girlfriend, a teacher at the St. Ursula School in Horn, Limburg, accidentally send a picture of his penis to a group of students in one of his classes. An investigation made by the Foundation for Education in Middle-Limburg (SOML) determined that it was “a very stupid mistake,” and that the sexting incident was done without malicious intent.

It was decided that the teacher will continue to teach at the school, but not to those students who saw the explicit picture.

The school board also decided there was no reasons to enforce stricter rules on communications between students and teachers, as all agree on the convenience and practicality of discussions using social media, Chairman of the SOML Executive Board Thieu Kikken told 1Limburg.nl

A google search of that school turns up recent articles about a police investigation for inappropriate behavior reports related to quote, at least four teacher and possibly more. The investigation has nothing to do with this guy so he might be the least of the problems they're ignoring.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2015, 06:56:39 PM »
Westboro Baptist said they're picketing the baseball game tonight because Canada supports gay marriage. They used the hashtag godhatescanada. :lol1:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's because god hates blue jays. :lol1:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2015, 07:14:02 PM »
Pfft...you mean god hates the Royals  :zoinks:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2015, 01:54:06 AM »

A google search of that school turns up recent articles about a police investigation for inappropriate behavior reports related to quote, at least four teacher and possibly more. The investigation has nothing to do with this guy so he might be the least of the problems they're ignoring.  :orly:

Yeah. What I read, the other news came after this penis incident. Maybe this news encouraged some kids to come forward with what some other teachers do. The news is getting nasty about a few teachers. Some things going on for a very long time already.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2015, 03:52:58 AM »

:-\

Ugh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2015, 03:54:16 AM »
Westboro Baptist said they're picketing the baseball game tonight because Canada supports gay marriage. They used the hashtag godhatescanada. :lol1:

:facepalm:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »

:facepalm:

God hates Westboro.

She told me so. :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »

Yeah. What I read, the other news came after this penis incident. Maybe this news encouraged some kids to come forward with what some other teachers do. The news is getting nasty about a few teachers. Some things going on for a very long time already.

I got the impression the investigation isn't about any new reports, just a parent getting fed up with the school board's level of inaction towards reports filed by students in the past and getting the police involved. The penis incident might have been the breaking point for that person, I don't know.  :dunno:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »

I got the impression the investigation isn't about any new reports, just a parent getting fed up with the school board's level of inaction towards reports filed by students in the past and getting the police involved. The penis incident might have been the breaking point for that person, I don't know.  :dunno:

In that case, it was a brave penis. Uncovering nasty stuff from other pricks.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.