Educational

Author Topic: Weird things that stood out, reading the news.  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Weird things that stood out, reading the news.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »
I used to have long nails.

I usually painted them black or silver.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »
And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Not to Monica and Bill.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
Weapon related news.

Read to me at work this morning. Some Belgian drunk moron got angry with his GF, because the apartment was not tidy enough. So, he cut into her vagina twice, with garden clippers.

Verdict, €300 fine, and six months probational.

WTF. :zombiefuck:

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
Probation for felony assault with a weapon.  :thumbdn:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, 01:00:04 AM »
Probation for felony assault with a weapon.  :thumbdn:

Indeed.

I am hardly ever in favour of bodily punishments, but in this case I could think up some things.

And then that fine, that is less than you get for a DUI with a more than 0.8 promilage.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 07:11:21 AM »
Russian five-year-olds dig their way out of nursery to buy sports car

Two five-year-old Russian boys used spades to dig their way out of their kindergarten and set off on a mission to buy a Jaguar sports car, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily has reported.

The two boys disappeared as their group took part in a supervised walk in the grounds of the kindergarten in the city of Magnitogorsk in the Urals region, the tabloid said.

Chelyabinsk regional interior ministry confirmed the boys’ escape from the kindergarten. “We don’t have any details yet, we can only confirm the fact itself,” a spokesman said, adding that the incident took place several days ago.

After reaching freedom, the boys walked just over a mile to a car showroom selling luxury cars. A female driver noticed them and asked what they were doing. They told her they had come from their kindergarten to buy a Jaguar but did not have any money.

She put them in her car and drove them to a police station.

The boys had prepared their escape for several days, digging a hole under a fence using spades from the sandpit, Komsomolskaya Pravda reported, citing kindergarten staff.

The kindergarten only noticed the boys’ absence after half an hour.

Local educational authorities responded by firing the supervisor in charge at the time and giving a warning to the acting head.

“This is considered a very serious violation,” the head of the pre-school department of Magnitogorsk, Olga Denisenko, told Komsomolskaya Pravda. She could not be immediately reached for comment.

The children’s parents did not submit any complaint against the kindergarten.

:laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:41 AM »
Russian five-year-olds dig their way out of nursery to buy sports car

Two five-year-old Russian boys used spades to dig their way out of their kindergarten and set off on a mission to buy a Jaguar sports car, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily has reported.

The two boys disappeared as their group took part in a supervised walk in the grounds of the kindergarten in the city of Magnitogorsk in the Urals region, the tabloid said.

Chelyabinsk regional interior ministry confirmed the boys’ escape from the kindergarten. “We don’t have any details yet, we can only confirm the fact itself,” a spokesman said, adding that the incident took place several days ago.

After reaching freedom, the boys walked just over a mile to a car showroom selling luxury cars. A female driver noticed them and asked what they were doing. They told her they had come from their kindergarten to buy a Jaguar but did not have any money.

She put them in her car and drove them to a police station.

The boys had prepared their escape for several days, digging a hole under a fence using spades from the sandpit, Komsomolskaya Pravda reported, citing kindergarten staff.

The kindergarten only noticed the boys’ absence after half an hour.

Local educational authorities responded by firing the supervisor in charge at the time and giving a warning to the acting head.

“This is considered a very serious violation,” the head of the pre-school department of Magnitogorsk, Olga Denisenko, told Komsomolskaya Pravda. She could not be immediately reached for comment.

The children’s parents did not submit any complaint against the kindergarten.

:laugh:

That....is....AWESOME!!! :2thumbsup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »
It is. :laugh:

It's also good to know that there is a Jaguar dealership in the middle of nowhere in Russia. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2015, 05:36:51 PM »
http://myfox8.com/2015/10/08/man-who-calls-police-to-say-hes-too-high-found-in-pile-of-doritos/

Man who calls police to say he's "too high" found in pile of Doritos

AUSTINTOWN, Ohio -- An Ohio man made a strange, and not-so-wise call to police last Friday to tell them that he was "too high" on marijuana.

Police arrived at the 22-year-old man's home at approximately 5:20 p.m, according to WJW.

There, they found him on the floor "in a fetal position," surrounded by, "a plethora of Doritos, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish and Chips Ahoy cookies."

According to a police report, the man told the officer that he couldn't feel his hands because he smoked too much weed.

The 22-year-old gave the officer the keys to his car, where he had smoked the pot. The cop recovered a glass pipe, rolling papers, roaches and a glass jar of marijuana.

According to the police report, charges are pending for drug possession and drug paraphernalia.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2015, 01:32:30 AM »
He should be on "America's Dumbest Criminals".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 08:51:09 AM »
Right?  :lol1: I got such a laugh when I read it. He will never live this one down.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 09:10:47 AM »
His parents must be so proud. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 09:16:52 AM »
50 lane traffic jam in China that left motorists stranded for a long as 5 days.  :GA:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/09/thousands-stuck-traffic-jam-beijing-china-highway/73644000/
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »
Be careful where you send your pictures...

During an erotic texting session with his girlfriend, a teacher at the St. Ursula School in Horn, Limburg, accidentally send a picture of his penis to a group of students in one of his classes. An investigation made by the Foundation for Education in Middle-Limburg (SOML) determined that it was “a very stupid mistake,” and that the sexting incident was done without malicious intent.

It was decided that the teacher will continue to teach at the school, but not to those students who saw the explicit picture.

The school board also decided there was no reasons to enforce stricter rules on communications between students and teachers, as all agree on the convenience and practicality of discussions using social media, Chairman of the SOML Executive Board Thieu Kikken told 1Limburg.nl

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 12:36:23 AM »
Be careful where you send your pictures...

During an erotic texting session with his girlfriend, a teacher at the St. Ursula School in Horn, Limburg, accidentally send a picture of his penis to a group of students in one of his classes. An investigation made by the Foundation for Education in Middle-Limburg (SOML) determined that it was “a very stupid mistake,” and that the sexting incident was done without malicious intent.

It was decided that the teacher will continue to teach at the school, but not to those students who saw the explicit picture.

The school board also decided there was no reasons to enforce stricter rules on communications between students and teachers, as all agree on the convenience and practicality of discussions using social media, Chairman of the SOML Executive Board Thieu Kikken told 1Limburg.nl

Imagine the moral panic that would have ensued in some parts of the world.

- Albert Einstein