Author Topic: Prove Fluorescent needs meds part 2  (Read 10464 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Prove Fluorescent needs meds part 2
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »
Yes, I think he was dx'd with AS or possibly HFA. I think he's bipolar--his posts since he joined here, as well as the earlier ones on OTS, indicate a typical bipolar personality. The desperate attention-seeking and the lying fit in perfectly.

His symtoms would also fit a Histrionic Personality disorder.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 03:46:32 PM »
He was doing well on the meds He was taking. Some people think meds are bad and mind altering even at low doses. And quit taking them when they are feeling good.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 03:51:29 PM »
I don't really get the difference between bipolar and schizophrenia. I knew a schizophrenic woman who was just like Flo.

The DSM-IV symptom descriptions for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder should provide some insight.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 05:11:09 PM »
Ha hah, you can't figure it out.  I am not telling either!

You know what?  They are toxic if you don't need them, and   Carla was not going to be my friend if I did not take them.  I was afraid they were poisoning me.

Thank god any of you are not my therapist.. I would be in real pain then.

My therapist is quite competent, and  I am a difficult case.  He has two offices, one in Westerly and the other some where else.  He goes to seminars just because he thinks I am HFA.   His affective tollerance, emdr, and dx of pstd  makes me regard him especially highly, but not his dx of AS.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 05:22:48 PM »
My therapist is quite competent, and  I am a difficult case.  He has two offices, one in Westerly and the other some where else.  He goes to seminars just because he thinks I am HFA.   His affective tollerance, emdr, and dx of pstd  makes me regard him especially highly, but not his dx of AS.

Which is it, Flo? HFA or AS?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 05:29:58 PM »
In your dreams!
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 05:35:53 PM »
In your dreams!

...that your therapist has dx'd you with? You said it yourself. I didn't.

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »

You know what?  They are toxic if you don't need them, and   Carla was not going to be my friend if I did not take them.  I was afraid they were poisoning me.

I thought he was changing your diagnosis from HFA to mild psychosis? Make up your mind. I was reading about psychosis on wikipedia, and it CAN be triggered by trauma, so maybe you are right about that (though it's possible that the trauma AND either schizophrenia or bipolar are fucking you up). Some people with psychosis have a thought disorder, and this sounds like you to me.

Thought disorder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In psychiatry, thought disorder or formal thought disorder is a term used to describe a pattern of disordered language use that is presumed to reflect disordered thinking. It is usually considered a symptom of psychotic mental illness although occasionally appears in other conditions. It is also known as knight's move thinking referring to the nonlinear way a knight moves in chess.

It describes a persistent underlying disturbance to conscious thought and is classified largely by its effects on speech and writing. Affected persons may show pressure of speech (speaking incessantly and quickly), derailment or flight of ideas (switching topic mid-sentence or inappropriately), thought blocking, rhyming, punning, or 'word salad' when individual words may be intact but speech is incoherent.

Eugen Bleuler, who named schizophrenia, held that its defining characteristic was a disorder of the thinking process.[1] It is important to note however that the delusions and hallucinations of psychosis could also be considered as disorders of thought, but that the term formal thought disorder applies specifically to the presumed disruption in the flow of conscious verbal thought that is inferred from spoken language. This is typically what is referred to when the strictly less accurate, more commonly used but abbreviated term, 'thought disorder', is used.

You seem to think differently from both people with AS (who are very logical, mind you) AND NTs. I can see how you having a thought disorder would appear to be AS or HFA due to you misinterpreting what people say and social situations.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »
Various stressors can make that difficult, but I don't believe its AS.  Two girlfriends, lack of sleep, trauma, and I hate surgury.    I am more toward dumping Jessica again.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 05:54:10 PM by fluorescent »

Spread your legs woman!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »
So which is it, according to your therapist, AS or HFA?

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 06:19:50 PM »

the voices again?

you fucking bowel movement.
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »

You know what?  They are toxic if you don't need them, and   Carla was not going to be my friend if I did not take them. I was afraid they were poisoning me.

the voices again?

you fucking bowel movement.

LOL.. I herd no voices.  Its hard getting used to not hearing them now.  I get pissed and I expect something, but I hear no voices.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 06:24:40 PM »
Odeon, Dr. Kimpton said AS.  The clinical social worker said HFA.  They seem to be having a tough time.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 06:31:29 PM »
Dr. McJagger says abilify, you cunt.
Misunderstood.

hiroshima

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 06:32:52 PM »
He seems sort of psychotic to me... but, I would never diagnose someone over the internet to the point of suggesting they take meds (so flo, do not take, or not take meds, based on my opinions here).  Yes, he seems histrionic, but frankly he seems so out of touch with reality and his own thought processes that I think it is more due to delusion/ psychosis.  But you can't judge someone just from their posts!  He might be quite different in person.  I am very different in person tha I am, in my posts.  It's not intentional, it's just that I am more expressive and able to reveal my deeper parts (both the good and the bad) in writing and in the semi-anonymous atmosphere of the internet.  He could also appear delusional and psychotic because he can't communicate effectively or clearly (a symptom of HFA and AS).