Educational

Author Topic: R.I.P. Randy  (Read 8545 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
R.I.P. Randy
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
You were a legend.  :'(
:gopher:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: R.I.P. Randy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
Here is his obituary if anybody is interested.

http://www.mysticfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2312091&fh_id=14402

Randy James Watson, 30, of New London, beloved son of Gary Watson of Pawcatuck and Brenda (Medeiros) Watson of New London passed away October 31, 2013 at home in his mother’s arms with his family by his side. After a long courageous battle with cancer, Randy was the clear winner and has moved on to accept his grand prize trip to heaven. Born in Westerly, RI he attended local schools and was a 2000 graduate from Westerly High School. He was a lifetime resident of Westerly until his recent move to New London in May of 2013. In addition to his parents, he is survived by his sister and caregiver, Coral Watson of New London; brother, Scott Watson of Pawcatuck; half sister Diahann Potrebanko of Canada; paternal grandmother, Alice Watson of Mystic; his aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, especially his nephew Jayden whom he shared his home with, and several close friends including Steven Thomas, Lynne Massett, and Amanda Douton who all showed him and his family their unconditional love and support. He is predeceased by maternal grandparents, Frances and Manuel Mederios of Stonington, and paternal grandfather, Hubert James Watson of Mystic. His entire family will cherish all of the memories they had with Randy and he will be deeply missed. His strength and courage facing this disease was nothing short of amazing. An active member of Planet Fitness even in his weakest moments, his humor, generosity, and knowledge of nutrition that he practiced religiously was an inspiration to all who had the pleasure of knowing him. A special thank you to Southeastern Hospice for all of their assistance in Randy’s journey, and Pendleton Health and Rehab for allowing his sister Coral the time necessary to care for him in his time of need. His family will receive friends Tuesday, November 5, 2013 from 3-4 pm followed by a service at 4:00 pm at the Mystic Funeral Home Route 1 Mystic (51 Williams Ave.) His burial will be private
:skywarp:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
I wish I knew Randy.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Coral

• Cool Dude of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:03:13 AM »
Randy fought bravely with all his might until the last day when he had no more. My little brother, my most appreciative patient, my hero; passed 10/31/13 @ 10:49pm in his mothers arms surrounded by his dad & other brother in my home where me & my mother gave him 24 hour nursing care. As his nurse & sister I tried to ease his suffering as best as I could up to the moment I watched him take his last breath. When he was released to my care & my guardianship he was generous, considerate, cooperative, & the most appreciative patient I've ever had the pleasure of caring for. He asked me to scatter his ashes on an agricultural farm & ironically a place in mystic ct called the funny farm agreed to our mission. I will fulfill his last wish next Thursday and carry a bit of him close to my heart in a locket for life. Randy is truly my hero & an inspiration <3
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »

WoW!!

Coral I feel a great empathy for your family's loss. We are all made less by his passing at such a young age.

I doubt that Randy ever talked about me, but I tried to understand him.

He was a true mystery to me, but I had hopes for him.

Hoping no more sadness falls upon your family for many ages..

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 01:51:34 AM »
that  brought a tear to my eye

thank you for sharing

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:54:53 AM »
I wish I knew Randy.

Randy's memory will live on here now as a body of legacy work intended to educate us all. His work should no longer be ignored, let alone forgotten.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 04:31:41 AM »
Thank you Coral.

Wishing you and your family all the best. Hope you can comfort and strengthen one another bearing the loss of Randy.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 05:13:10 AM »
I wish I knew what to say at times like these.

My condolences.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
My condolences as well, Coral.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
Thanks for everything that you did, Coral.

That's a really beautiful last wish that Randy asked for.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 01:12:38 AM »

Agreed.

(Shit, I tried to identify again, but I can not)

Coral, your family has my most sincere empathy.

Offline Coral

• Cool Dude of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »
Thank you all for your condolences. Our family came together for Randy but unfortunately they're all back to their past selves. There was no way I was going to continue to be a nurse to strangers & allow my little brother to die alone in a dingy state psych facility. It's funny that at one point Randy's major goal (besides finding a woman!) was to become a doctor & fire me! I reminded him of this one day & he laughed a little. He ended up being my best bud & trusting me completely with his life & his death. He wanted to live more than anyone I know I feel like I failed him in some way even though I knew he was terminal. I wanted that miracle for him so badly. To watch him lose his ability to eat & work out due to complete malignant obstructions throughout his stomach & intestinal track & a large tumor on his spine that eventually paralyzed him from the waist down. The very small things that gave him comfort & happiness were taken by the cancer one by one in an almost vindictive manner. Randy, despite his posts here & some of his odd behaviors was pure & endured such suffering but never giving up hope. Reading his old posts on here is giving me sadness & comfort at the same time. Over the last year I can truly say I fell in love with him. I always loved him but his strength & courage during all of this made me see him in a way I did when we were little & he came home from the hospital. I wanted him to be all mine, protect him, take good care of him. RIP my cookamunga my heart is so broken. I made him a Facebook page while he was home & it's still active if anyone wants to friend request him I will accept for him. His name is Randy Watson out of New London, CT. I'm also on there too Coral Watson just send a msg with the friend request that says intenisty2.
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 11:51:43 AM »
I wish I knew what to say to ease your pain; I don't.

I do know that you were always his champion, always looking out for him. He was lucky to have you as his sister.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Thank you Coral.

He was a fighter, I had hopes that he might beat the cancer.

R.I.P. Randy...you will be missed. :(