Author Topic: America, fuck yeah!  (Read 23172 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: America, fuck yeah!
« Reply #615 on: March 15, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
My S10 is a 94 also. I love the little beast but I see it getting traded in soon on another 4 x 4. SO and I would be much more comfortable with something we both aren't worried about. It's become the "who's going to the first dent in it?" nightmare....every time we haul something we're careful...way too damn careful...it's a damn truck FFS, this is getting stupid.

Here it's almost a necessity. They don't plow worth shit and a couple of the roads we use wash out so bad sometimes you can bottom out in a car. Not to mention mulch, stone, hauling mowers, trimmers, etc. 

A two wheel drive pickup won't get out of it's own way on wet grass unless you've got a load in back.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #616 on: March 15, 2019, 07:23:38 PM »
First of all:

I've got to say, the best thing about being American is owning a 4x4 pickup truck.

Explain what this is, if not national pride.

It's just a fringe benefit of living in the US that full sized 4x4 trucks are ubiquitous and affordable.

When I said that Trump was stupid and an asshole, you called me a Trump apologist so I'm not expecting any reading comprehension out of you whatsoever.    ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2019, 03:36:29 AM »
"Fringe benefit" = "Best thing about being American"

:rofl:

You're such an embarrassment. I almost feel bad for you. Almost.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2019, 06:53:19 PM »
QED.     :hahaha:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #619 on: March 17, 2019, 04:13:17 AM »
You really need to work on your reading comprehension.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #620 on: March 17, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #621 on: March 17, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »

Since we are supporting a thread anout American excesses, here, maybe we should include the Boss Hoss style of ridiculousness.

We have all seen the Viper engined motorcycle, but if that is a bit over the top for some of us more conservative, maybe a small block Chevy bike would be more suitable.

And if need be you can get a 502 Cubic Inch twin turbo version of a big block in your fancy bike, if you really need it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:18:11 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #622 on: March 17, 2019, 11:31:16 AM »
Eh?

Our national identity.

Right. You lost.

Who won, Leave or Remain?

It is more about the clarity of your postings. Often you do not offer even a semblance of context. Now, following your mindset closely, some of us understand to what your references express, but sometimes, not so well.

You do lose some of us at times, however.
Adding contextual implications to your posts would aide in our discernment of your nuanced value.

Remain, but heed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #623 on: March 17, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »

Since we are supporting a thread anout American excesses, here, maybe we should include the Boss Hoss style of ridiculousness.

We have all seen the Viper engined motorcycle, but if that is a bit over the top for some of us more conservative, maybe a small block Chevy bike would be more suitable.

And if need be you can get a 502 Cubic Inch twin turbo version of a big block in your fancy bike, if you really need it.

Why is it that every single time I see a bike like that it's being ridden by some tiny little guy that can barely touch the ground on it when it's standing still?  :laugh:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #624 on: March 17, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »
The best thing about being an American is the Fuck Yeah.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #625 on: March 17, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
 :viking:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #626 on: March 17, 2019, 04:10:40 PM »

Why is it that every single time I see a bike like that it's being ridden by some tiny little guy that can barely touch the ground on it when it's standing still?  :laugh:

I have never actually seen one in the wild.  I have only seen them at car shows and such.

To try an answer to your query, I feel it has to do with the same reasoning that influences young urban gangsta types who wear size 8 shoes to buy size 15 thinking they look cool.

As awesome as those bikes are, I would rather have one of those six wheel drive (triple axle) four ton pick up conversions I posted a few years back.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:15:53 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #627 on: March 18, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #628 on: March 18, 2019, 04:42:15 PM »
The best thing about being an American is the Fuck Yeah.  :zoinks:

Now, this I could sort of get behind.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #629 on: March 20, 2019, 07:43:07 PM »
:gopher: