Author Topic: America, fuck yeah!  (Read 23159 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: America, fuck yeah!
« Reply #585 on: June 18, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »

Dude, I lived through all those dates. It is not THAT old, is it?  Really?
 :zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #586 on: June 18, 2017, 01:44:51 PM »
Fuck yeah.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #587 on: June 19, 2017, 07:20:51 AM »

During the time of that Kansas tag I already had begun a successful sound company, travelling all over the country setting up concert venues for rock and roll!
I was twenty one and in business for myself answering to no one.
I had a semi truck half full of my own gear, gathered from the past six years of hard work and the other half was full of new state of the art gear that my father had helped me to lease. I could set up a really nice sound system anywhere in this country with only a few days of notice for travel time.

It is what I love most and I was doing it!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #588 on: February 28, 2019, 06:28:04 PM »
I've got to say, the best thing about being American is owning a 4x4 pickup truck.

Now I know that even when 3+ feet of snow comes down and it doesn't get plowed, (yes, State of Oregon, you suck at plowing roads!!!) you don't have to worry about getting snowed in or stuck on the road.

My F-150 handled 3 feet of snow like a boss!!   8)    8)    8)   :headbang2:   :viking:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #589 on: February 28, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »
Liked that about the jeep too, back when living in the snow.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #590 on: March 01, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »
I've got to say, the best thing about being American is owning a 4x4 pickup truck.

This is the kind of thing that makes the rest of the world laugh at you. But please carry on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »
There are things about getting to work on time when many can not that has its own set of rewards.
The economy must continue.
Punking out and not getting to work because you choose to drive some little piece of shit that will not go is not an option for those who actually DO the work and make this country worth something more than a day off.
I now own two AWD vehicles. Even my wife's choice of comfy sedan managed the last six to eight inches of snow with fine aplomb.
My crossover has yet to be challenged by any driving conditions. If I was still working, I could be at work on time.

Sad for some, but not me, I have already done my work. I am now just playing "Daddy Taxi" for a couple of youngsters and mainly just enjoying myself.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:37:52 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
I forgot to mention, when I still had the big Escalade, we had record breaking snow one day and even some city functions shut down, schools were closed, etc.

I was at work on time. Twelve inches of snow was nothing but a delay of a few extra minutes travel time. It was forty five more minutes for the boss to get there in his puny Jeep Wrangler. Those are just too light and SHORT to deal with big snow.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #593 on: March 02, 2019, 04:36:41 PM »
I missed my pick up,  this morning on the way to work there was  only about six inches on the ground and my new van handles it like a toboggan
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2019, 11:04:52 PM »

This is the kind of thing that makes the rest of the world laugh at you. But please carry on.

So you share the same opinion of Jack, Dirt Dawg and Parts, right?? 

:pwned:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »
One of our family cars is a US-made big 4X4 7 seater. With snow mode.

Not all that necessary since we live in a city where it never snows.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #596 on: March 13, 2019, 09:10:23 AM »

To Americans, the rest of the world is England and Ethiopia.  And they're half-right.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #597 on: March 13, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »

To Americans, the rest of the world is England and Ethiopia.  And they're half-right.

No one here remembers Ethiopia.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #598 on: March 13, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »

So you share the same opinion of Jack, Dirt Dawg and Parts, right?? 

:pwned:

What I'm laughing about is you thinking the best thing about being an American is owning a 4x4 pickup truck. I'm not aware of the others ever voicing similar opinions.

But again, do carry on. You're an expert at pwning yourself and I'm laughing more now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #599 on: March 13, 2019, 11:53:02 AM »
No one here remembers Ethiopia.

But it was in the news!