Educational

Author Topic: Les  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Les
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
Actually I won't bother coming back against any of it as that would just be continuing the whole thing and I think I've made my points clear anyway, so happy to call it over

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 09:26:42 AM »
Just skimmed through most of that as it's still the middle of the day here, but I will read it properly later.

I agree with the last couple of paragraphs though and am happy to end it (although I may respond to any points you made against what I said when I read through your post properly later, as it would be irresponsible of me to ignore them if I feel they warrant a response)

Also I hope the bad news isn't related to your daughter's accident and wish her the best in her recovery!

Thanks Adam, its okay, she will be ok. It was different shit to do with her. Don't really want to go into it. Before anyone asks, no she is not pregnant.

You asked for some rights women have vested in them from their gender

he Qur'an also abolished the practice whereby inheritance went to only the oldest male heir. Instead, a woman can inherit from her father, her husband, and her childless brother (see Qur'an 4:7, 32, 176).

In Islam when a woman gets married she does not surrender her maiden name, but maintains her distinct identity. Some Muslim women have adopted the surnames of their husbands, but this is due to cultural influence, not Islam.

In a Muslim marriage the groom gives a dowry to the bride, not to her father. This becomes her private property to keep or spend, and is not subject to the dictates of her male relatives. Any money she earns or receives is similarly her very own.

Under Islamic Law a woman cannot be married without her consent. She has final approval on a marriage partner and she can repudiate a marriage arranged without her consent. She also has the right to initiate a separation from marriage if her rights under marriage are not being granted. Widows have the right to remarry, and they are in fact encouraged to do so.

The Qur'an places on men the responsibility of protecting and maintaining their female relatives. This relieves women of the need to earn their own living. It also means that a man must provide for his wife even if she has money of her own. She is not obligated to spend her money in the maintenance of her family. Incidentally, a woman is also not required to cook for her family, although she may do so out of love and compassion. The example of our noble prophet, on whom be peace, is that although he was such a great leader, he assisted in the housecleaning and mended his own clothes.

In return for the added responsibility, the Qur'an gives men the degree of leadership (see Qur'an 2:228; 4:34). This does not mean that men should dominate women, but rather that they should deal with them in kindness, mercy, and love (see Qur'an 4:19; 30:21).

You see a lot of these things are not followed by the fundamentalists or tribal leaders, The most fervently religious tend not to I find.

No this is not to argue a point. It is because you asked to see it
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2013, 09:39:35 PM »
Worried about her and still in hospital. Been with her all night. She is sleeping now.
I won't lie, I am pretty shattered. Can't contribute to debate today, overtired, under slept and fucking worried and stressed. I just hope my baby is ok.

I hope so too.  It's good that you are with her.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »
Worried about her and still in hospital. Been with her all night. She is sleeping now.
I won't lie, I am pretty shattered. Can't contribute to debate today, overtired, under slept and fucking worried and stressed. I just hope my baby is ok.

You're posting in the callout. :hahaha:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2013, 10:31:31 PM »

You're posting in the callout. :hahaha:

So are you :hahaha:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »
And so am I. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein