Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11049 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
Ah, it seems that for years I have missed this undercurrent of dishonesty.  I wonder how I should properly respond, knowing that my protests will have little effect.

Who were you on AFF?

[suspicious]SFOAC is Lang. I forgot the name change.[/suspicious]
[suspicious]
Aah, I thought you wanted to continue the guessing game, hahaha.[/suspicious]

I would have never been able to make an educated guess. Your avatar and name here is nothing like Lang and wolf and stuff... in fact, for awhile I thought you were BadgerTom...guess I was too distracted by the GIF to read the pseudonym. Then when I did I thought BadgerTom changed his name...then I saw BadgerTom replying and I was like "okay, who tf is this bloke?" And I could not guess even in my own mind.

:lol1:  For the record, I wasn't deliberately trying to disguise myself, I just picked a new name and avvie that I thought would fit with I².  Then people started trying to guess who I was, and I was like, "Okay.  Let's see who I'm fingered as."

[suspicious]SFOAC is dtx.[/suspicious] :M
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »
Ah, it seems that for years I have missed this undercurrent of dishonesty.  I wonder how I should properly respond, knowing that my protests will have little effect.

Who were you on AFF?

[suspicious]

I would have never been able to make an educated guess. Your avatar and name here is nothing like Lang and wolf and stuff... in fact, for awhile I thought you were BadgerTom...guess I was too distracted by the GIF to read the pseudonym. Then when I did I thought BadgerTom changed his name...then I saw BadgerTom replying and I was like "okay, who tf is this bloke?" And I could not guess even in my own mind.

:lol1:  For the record, I wasn't deliberately trying to disguise myself, I just picked a new name and avvie that I thought would fit with I².  Then people started trying to guess who I was, and I was like, "Okay.  Let's see who I'm fingered as."

He was fingered :lolwat:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »

Who were you on AFF?

[suspicious]

:lolwat:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »

Who were you on AFF?

[suspicious]

daddy would you like some sausages--SAUSAGES

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Shouldn't we make an alternate? Or something temporary?

Something that doesn't cost much to host.

http://www.proboards.com/

Is completely free. I've used it in the past. It'd be good enough for a temporary forum.

Here's another.
http://www.conforums.com/index.html

I've worked with both in the past, very easy.

That's about all I can offer to this, never did venture over to AFF...maybe to lurk once or twice, so I'm clueless here.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »

By closing the site they are cutting off the only source of meaningful human contact for some. Sure, it is their site, but it means a lot to a lot of people. Some degree of responsibility is taken on because of this whether they like it or not.

This is exactly what I thought. Even though I know nothing about the site, I wondered how if they were genuine about supporting Autism, wouldn't they realise how distressing being cut off would be for those who use ithe site as a major source of interaction.

Skyblue, I feel sorry that from what you've said, it seems you have been taken advantage of. If nothing less, I'd be asking them for the money back.

What a bunch of creeps, shutting off people's only source of human contact. If Amy can't handle her site, she should do like I did and sell it to Autism Speaks.
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
Sky blue, if you and AspieMomma are interested I will personally pay someone to set up a proper forum and pay for domain and hosting and advertising for a couple of months
I will be happy to send ideas over. Fuck AFF
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
Sky blue, if you and AspieMomma are interested I will personally pay someone to set up a proper forum and pay for domain and hosting and advertising for a couple of months

I can't really contribute money atm...but I can be a regular/semi-regular poster  :green:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
To anyone who is starting a new forum, I am willing to join and post on an AFF replacement.  Such things rarely last, however.  How will you avoid a collapse into obscurity?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:26 PM »
I need to give Gareth a few tips on how to handle his woman.  I'd fuck her in the ass and make her lick the shit off.  :ATM:
:gopher:

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
To anyone who is starting a new forum, I am willing to join and post on an AFF replacement.  Such things rarely last, however.  How will you avoid a collapse into obscurity?

Is Spectrumites still active?

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »
Hoping to get it all done through local company and host it on their cloud

might take a little bit, but will get it up

will find out more tomorrow

You are my pick as supermod though

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »

its still there, only a few posting....mainly me (Moody), Bruce and Lang

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »
I have paid most of their web hosting for two years
Missed this before. Are they poor?

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »

I wandered over there at some point last year, I think, and there was sporadic activity.  Then in december we had a Spectrumites Meetup, where emails went out to everyone calling all members to show up and post.  It was quite successful, for a few weeks anyway.  After that it trailed back off and was just down to three people posting in the word association and last letter=first letter threads.  There were no more meetups and I lost interest.