Author Topic: Les  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Les
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »

Adam, you do not get it. You do not get what you are saying, and the way you are saying it. To prove that your argument holds no water I will make a slight change

Edited for effect.

Your're right - I can't control whether or not you actually address the callout or not.

Yes, women stay inside their homes. obviously.

Whether something is sexist or not (and this applies to you Titanic thing too) is not based on a calculating of exactly how it AFFECTS each gender. It comes much earlier than that - motives, reasons WHY they are in that position. Not what happens because of it.

The REASON men are at more risk of being killed when they leave their homes is sexist. The outcome of that is irrelevant.

The sooner you grasp that, the sooner we can actually properly discuss the topic at hand. Please try.

See what happened there?
Yes that is right, sword cuts both ways.

Lol, no. Because men aren't out of the home because they're viewed as inferior. Women's position in society is due to the fact that they are viewed as below men. Men's position is society is not becuase THEY are viewed as inferior. because they're not.

You forget what this is Adam? Do you forget who made the callout and for what purpose?
Of course I remember - that's the entire reason I've been trying to make you actually address the callout, and not other issues of no relevance.

I did not make this callout. I would not have made it. It is an unpopular viewpoint and not one I wanted to argue over.
So you decide whether or not to make a callout based on how popular your viewpoint will be?

Earlier you made comments about my apparent (to you) inability to think. Neither of these shows great foresight Adam.
How so? I think you've more than proven you find it difficult to debate properly

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »

Have a look at the introductory post and see which definition that you believe Adam is attaching to "sexism"
???

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
I do apologise to both Les and Adam.  I posted by mistake as I thought it was the other thread which is not in the callout.

A classic case of summer holiday mom-brain  :screwy:

Sorry guys.

blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »
^ Typical fucking woman, eh Les? :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
^ Typical fucking woman, eh Les? :zoinks:

I dunno Adam, what exactly do you think the typical woman is and what do you think I think the typical woman is?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »

Have a look at the introductory post and see which definition that you believe Adam is attaching to "sexism"
???

Your post Adam, why be confused?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »
What definition of sexism you think I was making

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
What definition of sexism you think I was making

Well here is an opportunity isn't it Adam? Should I give you a definition which you can deny pick apart with semantics and shy away from OR should I use the basis of that initial post and all that have come after that to inform where you are coming from? What do you think may be a good idea?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 04:57:48 PM »
Maybe you could just explain what definition of sexism you think I was using.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »

Adam, you do not get it. You do not get what you are saying, and the way you are saying it. To prove that your argument holds no water I will make a slight change

Edited for effect.

Your're right - I can't control whether or not you actually address the callout or not.

Yes, women stay inside their homes. obviously.

Whether something is sexist or not (and this applies to you Titanic thing too) is not based on a calculating of exactly how it AFFECTS each gender. It comes much earlier than that - motives, reasons WHY they are in that position. Not what happens because of it.

The REASON men are at more risk of being killed when they leave their homes is sexist. The outcome of that is irrelevant.

The sooner you grasp that, the sooner we can actually properly discuss the topic at hand. Please try.

See what happened there?
Yes that is right, sword cuts both ways.

Lol, no. Because men aren't out of the home because they're viewed as inferior. Women's position in society is due to the fact that they are viewed as below men. Men's position is society is not becuase THEY are viewed as inferior. because they're not.

So the average male in Iraq view women as sexist. You may want to tell him that. If you can find him. Many of them are wiped out due to a number of wars they have fought to protect their women from that the women were not in. Those you can find you may have to ask whilst they are on the move and possibly avoiding assault and being shot at, whilst providing for their women at home. Actually you would make a great distraction :autism:

You forget what this is Adam? Do you forget who made the callout and for what purpose?
Of course I remember - that's the entire reason I've been trying to make you actually address the callout, and not other issues of no relevance.
....and you have found trying to "make me" do anything does not work for you. That said, me not agreeing with you and not answering the points on this callout are not the same thing. I have certainly been answering them, I am just not dazzled by your logic and disagree with your assertions

I did not make this callout. I would not have made it. It is an unpopular viewpoint and not one I wanted to argue over.
So you decide whether or not to make a callout based on how popular your viewpoint will be?

There are a number of things that I factor before making a callout. Relevance, whether I think it is worth pursuing, How badly I want to counter their point and/or hear what they are saying AND if I think that it is something is not popular then yeah, I don't bother. This ticked a few of those boxes

Earlier you made comments about my apparent (to you) inability to think. Neither of these shows great foresight Adam.
How so? I think you've more than proven you find it difficult to debate properly

Says you. I think that you have been difficult to try to discuss anything with. Like herding a cat.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
Maybe you could just explain what definition of sexism you think I was using.

I could and I choose not to.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »
Lol, well then I think you've kinda lost a point there, mate.

I can't really address that if you don't properly explain whatever it is you were getting at.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
And I really don't think your big reply about cavemen was properly responding to the points of the callout now, was it?

Also I think it's interesting that you won't make a callout if you think most people will disagree with you. What happened to principles?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »
And I really don't think your big reply about cavemen was properly responding to the points of the callout now, was it?

Also I think it's interesting that you won't make a callout if you think most people will disagree with you. What happened to principles?

You did not read what I wrote did you?

No you can't have because you just wrote " you won't make a callout if you think most people will disagree with you. What happened to principles?" and I did not say that but I did say that it was one of the factors that would help determine that and I did say that in this particular instance it was one of a few factors.....so come again.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
:laugh:

Lol ok