Author Topic: 'GO HOME' vans to fight immigration  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: 'GO HOME' vans to fight immigration
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
If you're not gonna get asylum tho (ie there's no threat to you if you're sent back), then they're not gonna risk is, so they're gonna remain as illegal immirants

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »
If they're being victimized, then something should be done for them. The underground sex ring stuff is a world wide problem and preys wherever it can. It's so secretive, don't know how that could be addressed. Though there's probably a lot of illegals who are simply like the ones here, not being paid properly for their work.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2013, 02:40:37 AM »

The reason is that we don't just let anyone in.

So unless they're asylum seekers, that's often their only chance

So then the majority of illegals aren't middle eastern?

They come in the back of vans crossing the channel etc

So not through immigration or anything

Can they claim asylum if they've already entered through unofficial channels? Why wouldn't they use the official channel?

Yes they can claim asylum if they have already entered.  They will most likely be detained until a decision is made.  The Home Secretary has the right to detain.  This could be for a long time - maybe years.

Their immigration status takes precedent over the fact they are victims of slavery.

I have heard the government use terms like 'child prostitution'  which is really a contradiction in terms.  No child can consent to sexual acts.  It is unlawful. They don't like to use the terms trafficking and slave, though, not in UK.
blah blah blah

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2013, 05:04:16 AM »

Yes they can claim asylum if they have already entered.  They will most likely be detained until a decision is made.  The Home Secretary has the right to detain.  This could be for a long time - maybe years.

UK government has illegals who have been detained for years? Why would they be detained for years for a decision to be made, when the decision of asylum is being made for other at an average rate of two-thousand people per day?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:06:37 AM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »
Thinking that's incorrect.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »

UK government has illegals who have been detained for years? Why would they be detained for years for a decision to be made, when the decision of asylum is being made for other at an average rate of two-thousand people per day?

It's true. We do have detention centres for immigrants. They even lock families up. People have committed suicide in these places, and people have compared the condition to being in jail.
Of course its wrong, and many people see it. I would imagine they were created to appease a certain section of our society.
I think the government makes some claim about how it is to fast-track the immigrants claim, but as Bod says, the wait can be years in some cases.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »
If that's true, then it's criminal. Can't imagine UK government taking that sort of risk. Still, not really seeing it. Read a little; saw that all immigrants are detained, if even briefly, to be processed. Also read negative things about the poor condition of the detainment centers. Also read about immigrants who are jailed for crimes, then the government failed to deport them at the end of their sentence. Also read about a couple of immigrants who won a lawsuit for being detained too long...remembering six weeks; that may be wrong but it wasn't very long. Though didn't see anything about laws on the length of detaining immigrants. In the US it's a three month limit to either sort thing out or deport, otherwise they must be released.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:26:11 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
Ah, just found something from a few years back, some old statistics and something about a law created to fast-track and to avoid detaining children. About 10% detained for 1-2 years. Can't find anything current though. Is that getting better?

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2013, 02:25:31 AM »
Also,  there are a series of appeals (Human Rights - Geneva) which can take literally years.  The Government have no choice as European Court of Human Rights takes precedent over domestic law.

I read somewhere that it could take thirty years to clear the backlog.
blah blah blah

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2013, 05:07:31 AM »
That sounds about right. It looks like there's been quite a few suits and there will be more; people suing for being locked in a single room for over a year when they're not criminals, some even children. That's messed up. Has it improved? Hard to find anything current.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »
It is, but it is slow.   The system need a massive cash injection and re organisation and retraining of it's border agencies.   There is a much bigger focus on it now,  and international interest.

It is not a public priority.  The public are prone to be misled about these people.

blah blah blah

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »
Summary: It doesn't matter where you are, your government doesn't give a shit about you, or humanity for that matter. Its a business now, and the only purpose of a business is to expand and defeat opposition.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
It's only a business if you privatise everything

Purpose of business is to make money and screw everyone else in the process. Which is why big companies should be involved in healthcare as little as possible

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »
It's only a business if you privatise everything

Purpose of business is to make money and screw everyone else in the process. Which is why big companies should be involved in healthcare as little as possible

LOL. So the only difference is that the business you seem to worship calls itself your government. I mean even private corporations pretend to care about you, and advertise on the mass media, blahblah. Yeah. The purpose of modern governments is to make money and screw everyone else over in the process. Exactly.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »
It is, but it is slow.   The system need a massive cash injection and re organisation and retraining of it's border agencies.   There is a much bigger focus on it now,  and international interest.

It is not a public priority.  The public are prone to be misled about these people.

This was an interesting thread.