Author Topic: Hardest thing it is you had to sell?  (Read 139 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Hardest thing it is you had to sell?
« on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »
I recently had to sell a 39 gram 10k gold chain. to a bitch ass pawn shop. guess how much they gave me?

$500 I figure its worth atleast $1500, making pawn stores the biggest goddamn ripoff bullshit ever. They give you 10% of your items value

Don't do it because its a defintly a fucking trap.
:skywarp:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Hardest thing it is you had to sell?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:16:18 PM »
Buy it back. Dont you get a chance to buy i back? My faggot cousin sold my gold and silver american eagle coins. They appreciated in value. Especially the gold ones. More than triple what I paid initially. :bigcry:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
A 73 Super Beetle that I rebuilt.

In the 10+ years that I owned it I probably worked on every inch of it, and traveled  virtually to hell (Cleveland :zombiefuck:) and back in it.

My dad always nagged me to sell it and get something "newer and more dependable, w/heat", sold it while he was in the hospital after being diagnosed with heart failure.

Bought a GTI that was newer but ended up having a ton of electrical issues that drove me nuts trying to fix. It had a great heater though. :LOL:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
I sold off the majority of my childhood coin collection about four years ago when work was slow.  It included about 25 silver dollars including one CC,  an almost mint 1870 Indian head penny among other things and about ten pounds of 1964 and before  silver coins that were worth their weight.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
My DVD collection. I simply did not have the room anymore, so I sold all of them.

Also, pawn shops only sell at maximum 1/3rd of the original price. It's a policy for a lot of them, although some buy for even less. This all depends on the item you bring in too.