Educational

Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 11489 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »
In Sweden, the Supreme Court has ruled that "affirmative action" ethnic quotas in universities are discrimination and hence unlawful. It said that the requirements for the intake should be the same for all. The Justice Chancellor said that the decision left no room for uncertainty.

Huh, seems quotas are being challenged.

I think the original meaning for affirmative action, "to hire without regard to race, religion and national origin" makes a lot more sense than it's current implementation.

Sweden's Supreme Court ruling was precisely about that. They don't often get it right, but this time they did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »
I worked with a lot of refugees in the past and for the most part they did better than the idiots we hired who were born here.  Most used the job as a jumping point to a better one after getting used to the US.  One family I knew even went on to start their own businesses and buy houses within three years of getting here.  I worked mostly with people from the Balkans and the Congo, the only ones that didn't work out at all were from Somalia they were a nightmare.

Er, when I say they don't do so well, I mean, they don't usually end up with PhDs, or filthy rich, aka in the realm of the elite.

Of course, it also depends on the community and where in the country they end up being placed.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #422 on: August 01, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
Ignore the real enemy, guys. Mhm.

Dude.....what?

This is a good conversation going...at least I am enjoying it.

Ever heard the phrase "Know thyself"?

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2013, 12:03:04 AM »
Something like affirmative action, yes I find that racist since I find it patronising they can't hire ie. a black person for their skill and only doing so for the colour of his skin.

Wouldn't be as much of a problem if it was tweaked to declare that the person with higher qualification gets highest priority. So in a situation of a black having greater qualification than a white candidate, they are guaranteed the job strictly for the merit of his/her skill, rather than discarded because of their race. Ironically, isn't that what affirmative action should really be doing? Ensuring education is rewarded and equal opportunities are granted?

I thought that's usually how it's supposed to be in the workplace. Wouldn't call that affirmative action, just common sense.

Depends on what you choose to include in the qualifications. In other words, what the job requires. Education is not everything and I have seen several cases where a person with a better education was less suitable for the job than his competitors for the position.

Not trying to be contrary, btw, just thinking of a few cases when my employer should have chosen differently.

Not trying to say qualifications has to be the sole requirement. How you present yourself and appear are also just as important. However, I would equate qualification and presentation as part of "ability" in general, anyway. If it were purely based on qualifications, surely most of us aspies with degrees would have jobs by now? :LOL:

I just don't think race, gender etc. should be a factor in it, positively or negatively.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2013, 12:08:36 AM »
Stinky people don't get jobs. Unless they are working as a farm hand. I am prejudiced against smelly people.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2013, 05:14:49 AM »
I worked with a lot of refugees in the past and for the most part they did better than the idiots we hired who were born here.  Most used the job as a jumping point to a better one after getting used to the US.  One family I knew even went on to start their own businesses and buy houses within three years of getting here.  I worked mostly with people from the Balkans and the Congo, the only ones that didn't work out at all were from Somalia they were a nightmare.

Er, when I say they don't do so well, I mean, they don't usually end up with PhDs, or filthy rich, aka in the realm of the elite.

Of course, it also depends on the community and where in the country they end up being placed.

Most people don't end up rich or with PhDs and I would not consider that a requirement for doing well and having a fulfilling  life.   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »

Dude.....what?

And I personally think these are distractions. Race, social class, gender. These make is OH SO EASY to divide us into factions. We're far stronger united, and people can argue about whos the most specialest snowflake after we're safe from tyranny. After we've won.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

• Constant Poster
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »
Did anyone hear something? I swore I heard someone do a big dirty fart. :dunno:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
Did anyone hear something? I swore I heard someone do a big dirty fart. :dunno:

That's childish as hell, man. But okay, whatever makes you happy. Here, have some more evidence that Obama at the helm is BAD. The rest of the world was supposed to love us with him in charge. Has this happened? NOPE. The rest of the world fucking hates us, and even America hates itself.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/02/us-to-shut-down-american-embassies-around-world-as-terror-threats-grow/
I will never stop...

• Constant Poster
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2013, 10:38:25 AM »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2013, 10:56:26 AM »

We're gonna play that way eh? I got one for you then.

In case you're too spazzy to get it, this is what you're doing right now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:43:29 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #431 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »

Dude.....what?

And I personally think these are distractions. Race, social class, gender. These make is OH SO EASY to divide us into factions. We're far stronger united, and people can argue about whos the most specialest snowflake after we're safe from tyranny. After we've won.

True and true. But conversations, debates, blowing off steam is necessary. It's like someone with PTSD, they can't just get up and walk away, they have to work through it, understand themselves in a different light, then move forward. Same with intergeneration-cultural PTSD. Gotta work through it. The fact that bigotry still exists, that so many are afraid to talk about it, and that even fewer can sit down and debate points, should be a sign that more work on ourselves needs to be done.

And second, such discussions often point to the root of certain problems, and give clues as to how to remedy them...something that avoidance and denial would ....deny you the chance of ascertaining.

Take the civil rights movement- do you know much about it? They didn't just spring up ready to resist. They underwent serious community bonding, training, reflection, etc, to prepare them for resistance. Those that spring up willy nilly are just as quickly put back down, re-divided, and silenced. Those that take the time to share ideas, share experiences, and heal as a group do much better.

So if you want to fight a war with a large unattended wound in your belly, see how long you'll last. Uniting against a common enemy is an incredibly delicate, and unstable, operation. Uniting with a common vision is far more powerful and long lasting.

Think of it like this,  if the elite or whatnot have a common vision they will always be more powerful as long as we don't. We can unite against an enemy and be repeatedly thwarted, growing more and more frustrated with one another, or we can unite for a common vision and emerge victorious. We need discussion, we need exchange, and we need respect for one another. Calling someone else's hardship a distraction can be seen as offensive, and be far more divisive than lending an ear.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #432 on: August 02, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »

Dude.....what?

True and true. But conversations, debates, blowing off steam is necessary. It's like someone with PTSD, they can't just get up and walk away, they have to work through it, understand themselves in a different light, then move forward. Same with intergeneration-cultural PTSD. Gotta work through it. The fact that bigotry still exists, that so many are afraid to talk about it, and that even fewer can sit down and debate points, should be a sign that more work on ourselves needs to be done.

And second, such discussions often point to the root of certain problems, and give clues as to how to remedy them...something that avoidance and denial would ....deny you the chance of ascertaining.

Take the civil rights movement- do you know much about it? They didn't just spring up ready to resist. They underwent serious community bonding, training, reflection, etc, to prepare them for resistance. Those that spring up willy nilly are just as quickly put back down, re-divided, and silenced. Those that take the time to share ideas, share experiences, and heal as a group do much better.

So if you want to fight a war with a large unattended wound in your belly, see how long you'll last. Uniting against a common enemy is an incredibly delicate, and unstable, operation. Uniting with a common vision is far more powerful and long lasting.

Think of it like this,  if the elite or whatnot have a common vision they will always be more powerful as long as we don't. We can unite against an enemy and be repeatedly thwarted, growing more and more frustrated with one another, or we can unite for a common vision and emerge victorious. We need discussion, we need exchange, and we need respect for one another. Calling someone else's hardship a distraction can be seen as offensive, and be far more divisive than lending an ear.

I'm trying to remind everyone to keep their eye on the ball, or that offensive truth will become true. These diversities and such will become irrelevant, and we'll all be human livestock together. I know this is still a difficult reality for many to accept, but it is reality. We are nearly out of time with which to reverse this nonsense, you know.

I'm trying to remind people that if they enjoy diversity and culture, they are going to have to snap out of their own clicks for now and band together with all people. If they don't, they'll be forced to. And they aren't going to like it that way.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:03:49 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #433 on: August 02, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »

Most people don't end up rich or with PhDs and I would not consider that a requirement for doing well and having a fulfilling  life.

Yes yes of course. I got a bit over focused on the divide between rich and poor that I forgot about the middle class. I stand corrected on that. I was thinking about the relative super success of Asians who come here specifically for higher education and opportunities, and those who do not- who may end up middle class, or may end up lower class. In my city I know a lot of refugees who live in poor conditions, and I know that there are certain communities who fare worse than others when they come here. As opposed to the majority of upper caste asians who come for school and professions.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »

Dude.....what?

I'm trying to remind everyone to keep their eye on the ball, or that offensive truth will become true. These diversities and such will become irrelevant, and we'll all be human livestock together.

I disagree. Diversity is essential for survival. Recognizing that we are all life and all deserve respect and honesty is one thing. But diversity is not the same as division.

I am completely against total unision. That's like Hitler's vision. That's like military governance.