Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 11396 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Yeah.  I know I have an over-developed sense of justice, and it seems unjust to me that people are allowed - encouraged, even - to be content with remaining stuck in a state of dependence, enabling them to remain as children.  Children are easier to manipulate and handle than adults, I guess.  *sighs*

That was why i was so depressed. I felt trapped in a life of powerlessness and dependency. I realized doing stuff made me happy and gave my life meaning. He seems to have to figure this out for himself the hard way. He is not happy inside. Like me, his subconscious is telling him DO SOMETHING!

:green:

I love that you're kicking ass and taking names, DFG. :)  Awesome.

It is awesome.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »
Don't try, babelet. They're just faggots and they'll never be as mature or understanding as you. I talk a little rough, so i'm the devil to them. Let it be.

This is sig material.

I like how you try to discount what I say by applying your emotions to it.

It was better to write the above instead of "don't flatter yourself". I've tried reasoning with you and it didn't work. I've tried pointing out that if you want an actual discussion, you might start by skipping the name-calling, and it didn't work. I've tried to ask you to back up at least some of your shit instead of the strawman. Didn't work either.

The vast majority of your opinions are now little more than background noise and as such not worth discussing. I like how you are bothered by the few responses you get, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #362 on: July 31, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »
He just does what he sees everyone else doing, much the way one of those little dancing monkeys at the circus does.

I thought he was being bashed for being racist.  Is everyone here racist?

Nope. Most aren't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #363 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »
There is no contest. this isn't a pissing match, rage. But of course if someone says something to me I'm going to respond.
boy I feel like I'm on the school playground.  :yawn:

Its always the fucking school playground when you're involved, you little punk. I'm asking you to back up your shit. You think you can mess around with someone's personal information? Try it with me, tough guy. I could expose your entire life.

The irony.

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »
I'm gonna dip my toe in and sugg....

nevermind. never fucking mind.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
Don't try, babelet. They're just faggots and they'll never be as mature or understanding as you. I talk a little rough, so i'm the devil to them. Let it be.

This is sig material.

I like how you try to discount what I say by applying your emotions to it.

It was better to write the above instead of "don't flatter yourself". I've tried reasoning with you and it didn't work. I've tried pointing out that if you want an actual discussion, you might start by skipping the name-calling, and it didn't work. I've tried to ask you to back up at least some of your shit instead of the strawman. Didn't work either.

The vast majority of your opinions are now little more than background noise and as such not worth discussing. I like how you are bothered by the few responses you get, though.

And I've tried to explain that calling things you don't like to think about "strawmen" is a bit silly.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #366 on: August 01, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »
There is no contest. this isn't a pissing match, rage. But of course if someone says something to me I'm going to respond.
boy I feel like I'm on the school playground.  :yawn:

Its always the fucking school playground when you're involved, you little punk. I'm asking you to back up your shit. You think you can mess around with someone's personal information? Try it with me, tough guy. I could expose your entire life.

The irony.

I've literally provided stacks of documents to support my argument. You? You've provided one liners and cocky jabs.

The irony x2
I will never stop...

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:41 AM »
Ok, alright....I'll bite.

So......there is this thing that homophobes say about gay people when they demand 'rights', that they are in fact demanding 'special rights' and 'special protections', or that their issues are 'special issues'...meaning something 'extra' that somehow 'excludes' everyone else.

It is a curious thing that certain corners of society can be so entrenched in their privileged status quo, and they can be so desensitized to what is institutionalized bigotry, that when someone challenges that bigotry or status quo- or merely points it out- they are called out for engaging 'favoritism' or 'reverse prejudice'.

It's the situation of an oppressor who fears that 'justice' is equivalent to turning the tables rather than balancing them... in other words, such little faith they have in humanity and in their own innocence. They don't want to be excluded in the way that they have excluded, they don't want to be subject to the treatment that others were subject to, and they fixate on that aim, on that protectiveness, to the point that they actually continue to elevate concerns of their 'own' at the expense of perceived 'others'.

They are people who are so used to having 'more' say in things of law and society, that when the scales are balanced, they perceive they have 'less' say (even if equal to everyone else). Then they delude themselves into thinking they are loosing 'rights' and 'voice', when really, the only thing they are loosing is their privilege.

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #368 on: August 01, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
Something like affirmative action, yes I find that racist since I find it patronising they can't hire ie. a black person for their skill and only doing so for the colour of his skin.

However, giving more rights to minorities, gay people etc. is awesome in my books. No special treatment there, if anything they're getting rights they should have had in the first place. No one should be seen as a second class citizen.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
Something like affirmative action, yes I find that racist since I find it patronising they can't hire ie. a black person for their skill and only doing so for the colour of his skin.

Wouldn't be as much of a problem if it was tweaked to declare that the person with higher qualification gets highest priority. So in a situation of a black having greater qualification than a white candidate, they are guaranteed the job strictly for the merit of his/her skill, rather than discarded because of their race. Ironically, isn't that what affirmative action should really be doing? Ensuring education is rewarded and equal opportunities are granted?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #370 on: August 01, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »
Ok, alright....I'll bite.

So......there is this thing that homophobes say about gay people when they demand 'rights', that they are in fact demanding 'special rights' and 'special protections', or that their issues are 'special issues'...meaning something 'extra' that somehow 'excludes' everyone else.

It is a curious thing that certain corners of society can be so entrenched in their privileged status quo, and they can be so desensitized to what is institutionalized bigotry, that when someone challenges that bigotry or status quo- or merely points it out- they are called out for engaging 'favoritism' or 'reverse prejudice'.

It's the situation of an oppressor who fears that 'justice' is equivalent to turning the tables rather than balancing them... in other words, such little faith they have in humanity and in their own innocence. They don't want to be excluded in the way that they have excluded, they don't want to be subject to the treatment that others were subject to, and they fixate on that aim, on that protectiveness, to the point that they actually continue to elevate concerns of their 'own' at the expense of perceived 'others'.

They are people who are so used to having 'more' say in things of law and society, that when the scales are balanced, they perceive they have 'less' say (even if equal to everyone else). Then they delude themselves into thinking they are loosing 'rights' and 'voice', when really, the only thing they are loosing is their privilege.

Everyone of all race, creed, and gender is losing rights faster than they realize it. Something has to be done about it. Political party, race, social justice movements, etc. are all ways of distracting you from that.

The truly privileged is sitting in our white house. In our nation's capitol. Don't you guys realize that they should be obeying our commands? Instead most look up to them now as some sort of religious dieties. Its quite shocking to me, and an obvious gateway to tyranny.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:43:48 AM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »

Wouldn't be as much of a problem if it was tweaked to declare that the person with higher qualification gets highest priority. So in a situation of a black having greater qualification than a white candidate, they are guaranteed the job strictly for the merit of his/her skill, rather than discarded because of their race. Ironically, isn't that what affirmative action should really be doing? Ensuring education is rewarded and equal opportunities are granted?

I thought that's usually how it's supposed to be in the workplace. Wouldn't call that affirmative action, just common sense.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #372 on: August 01, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »

Affirmative action- what it actually is meant to do is protect minorities from discrimination. It's a fact that very few employers actually hire strictly on the merit of qualification. A lot of hiring has to do with perceived qualification, and also the willingness of the employer to work with someone. If someone is highly qualified but the employer dislikes them, it's within their right not to hire them.

Now, it is generally perceived as much easier for a person to relate to other people of their same community. If the majority of employers start out as male, white, upper/middle class, neurotypical, it is very likely they will favour people of their similar culture- mainly because it is who they are used to working with, and who they are used to serving.

I hate it when people assume that employers hire strictly based on qualification. That's a goddamn lie. It ain't unnatural to want to hire people who you feel comfortable with (or who your team will feel comfortable with), in fact that is good hiring practice.

The only problem is, the way society was- only a certain culture of people (male, white, upper/middle class), who have been favoured for centuries, are the people in the power positions. People don't open their minds if don't have too. They prefer comfort and constancy.

Anyone of any minority knows that in order for people such as that to hire someone outside of their general community, they need an INCENTIVE. Thats what affirmative action does. If nothing else, businessmen and politicians understand incentives...it is therefore logical to apply one for the quickest results.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #373 on: August 01, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »

I thought that's usually how it's supposed to be in the workplace. Wouldn't call that affirmative action, just common sense.

Eh, people sometimes value the trivialities more than the logic of having greater productivity, but in most cases it's about how you look and whenever or not it attracts more customers, thereby more sales (at least for retail). In other cases the boss has personal tastes and rather have a person who obeys him/her or suits their desires than someone more qualified.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:03:03 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #374 on: August 01, 2013, 12:10:59 PM »
Ignore the real enemy, guys. Mhm.
I will never stop...