Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 11458 times)

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2013, 02:13:50 AM »
I don't see why it can't provide national healthcare similar to the NHS. Obamacare seems to be a step in the right direction, but why arse it up with it being insurance based? Surely it can be provided with taxation alone?

Over here they only give free healthcare depending on your financial status. If you've a bit of money, prepared for a world of pain in terms of costs. Even if you are poor, recent changes means that they have to pay for drug collection levies from chemists, dental appointments after so many visits a year etc.

Not to mention the healthcare here is atrocious (one of the lowest in Europe), with understaffed hospitals that are often really crowded, ill equipped and the number of them being too small (and getting smaller still due to the incompetent government giving a horribly small budget to healthcare) to serve the amount of people needed.

As much as people complain about the NHS over in the UK, it's a FAR better system. It's a shame to see the Tories trying to privatise it, especially with the amount of people who rely on it.

TheoK

« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
The Swedish healthcare has been much better, but you still pay at most 1100 kronor for visits to a doctor and 1900 kronor for medication within a year. Dentist visits are more expensive. I should actually get it very cheap being an Aspie, but the authorities in town don't follow the law. Since I don't need a "support person" or crap like that I'm considered "too sane" to get really cheap dental care (about 100 kronor for everything within a year) although I'm on lifetime disability :thumbdn:

• Constant Poster
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2013, 02:37:15 AM »
I get it for free due to being on disability allowance, but the service is atrocious so I end up barely using it.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:38 AM »
Obamamcare still seems like a very good idea in theory, which is being implemented shittily in practice.

Explain.
Honestly, I need to do more research, myself (this is a time/energy issue on my part); I've more gotten the general impression that there's lots of cracks people are falling through.  I think it is also going to vary state-by-state how it impact people.  It may make Massachusetts shittier because we already *had* pretty good healthcare (though we tax the hell out of ourselves to get it); it seems likely to be becoming more expensive here for people who can't afford it to be, and I'm pretty sure managed care is going to become more heavily "managed" (services are already more difficult to get authorization for, though that may have happened over time anyway- all this healthcare is expensive, and the state's been badly overbudget for awhile.  The stupidity of where it makes its cuts is a different issue but also an obnoxious one).  It may, however, mean that my friends in neighboring states who haven't seen doctors in years actually start fucking getting the help they need, which would be fantastic.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2013, 06:11:21 AM »
I agree with schleed. People complain about the NHS here, but we would never want to lose it - just improve it.

And the Tories are destroying it with little mention from the mainstream media. People are too fucking stupid to realise what's going on right under their noses as, like bodie said elsewhere, people pretty much view free healthcare as a right here. People who don't pay much attention and don't understand politics don't realise that that is under threat, because it's almost unimaginable to lose the NHS.

Remember bruce? (lol)

He was a prime example. Had no idea the NHS was even being changed, never mind sold off altogether.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
I will never stop opposing ways of making the government more powerful. I will never stop opposing the shitface federal government trying to force me to pay for the healthcare of someone who just sits on their ass and gets drunk all day.

NO.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

• Constant Poster
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2013, 12:22:57 PM »
Until you need it yourself, that is. You would be grateful for not having to pay extortionate hospital bills.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »
Until you need it yourself, that is. You would be grateful for not having to pay extortionate hospital bills.

I'd rather die than burden my fellow man. If I actually WAS disabled and needed disability, then fine. I'd take it. Otherwise, I can do things my goddamn self.
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »

I'd rather die than burden my fellow man. If I actually WAS disabled and needed disability, then fine. I'd take it. Otherwise, I can do things my goddamn self.

So this is where you would turn for a bad appendix?  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080305201022AA4PMhl
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »

So this is where you would turn for a bad appendix?  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080305201022AA4PMhl

Nope. I'd rather put myself in debt than burden my fellow man. Personal responsibility.
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
There was this Roman guy 2000 years ago, Cato the Younger. He fought Caesar. Ceasar wanted to show him mercy though, but he was so proud that he didn't want to accept that, so he cut himself in the stomach. His family asked their medicus to put his guts in place again and fix the wound, but then Cato pulled all his guts out and died immediately  :viking:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
There was this Roman guy 2000 years ago, Cato the Younger. He fought Caesar. Ceasar wanted to show him mercy though, but he was so proud that he didn't want to accept that, so he cut himself in the stomach. His family asked their medicus to put his guts in place again and fix the wound, but then Cato pulled all his guts out and died immediately  :viking:

Yep that's me. Although in my case its probably pride and stubbornness rather than nobility.
I will never stop...

• Constant Poster
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Pride is blind. :zoinks:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Pride is blind. :zoinks:

Personal responsibility, is not. I refuse to support actions which allow my fellow Americans to become a bunch of titty babies.
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
Did you read my first sentence?

I did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein