Educational

Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 11445 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
That's where people keep getting it wrong. Healthcare can't be refused for monetary reasons in the US, and this includes people who aren't even citizens. Anyone who can pay is charged more to make up for the people who can't. This makes healthcare so expensive, that people in the middle are lost in a system which only really functions well for the haves and havenots. What Obama actually proposed during his first campaign could work; that's why people voted for him.

Quite right. All of our lazy fat pieces of shit are making it hard on all of us.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
You should do *something* about your health care. As Michael Moore pointed out, Cuba has better health care than you, FFS.

Mr. Moore can claim the Earth is flat, and it would mean about just as much to me. You should maybe choose someone a lil more convincing than him, next time.  :tard:

TheoK

« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
Michael Moore isn't BRAVE.  :thumbdn:

Some people here in Europe believe him just because his stance on guns. Weird, since he is dishonest there too.

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »
Michael Moore isn't BRAVE.  :thumbdn:

Some people here in Europe believe him just because his stance on guns. Weird, since he is dishonest there too.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
I'm not defending the US health care system. Pharmaceuticals are another discussion, but you probably know that. I'm responding your statement of, 'you should do something about your healthcare system'. What do you suggest I do, or any citizen do, when fed lies by those with the power of doing anything different?

Edit: To be fair to you, and honest with myself, I was also responding to the fact I'm annoyed when people compare Cuban statistics with anything.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:44:03 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
That's where people keep getting it wrong. Healthcare can't be refused for monetary reasons in the US, and this includes people who aren't even citizens. Anyone who can pay is charged more to make up for the people who can't. This makes healthcare so expensive, that people in the middle are lost in a system which only really functions well for the haves and havenots. What Obama actually proposed during his first campaign could work; that's why people voted for him.

Quite right. All of our lazy fat pieces of shit are making it hard on all of us.

Obama had a great dream. Not sure if he's a liar or sell out, but either way it doesn't matter anymore.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »

Obama had a great dream. Not sure if he's a liar or sell out, but either way it doesn't matter anymore.

I can't help but wonder what happened to everyone for Obama. People don't get elected into the presidency without a great deal of support from the existing governmental structure. What happened to all of the politicians who supported Obama and his dream? He's only a man with a microphone and can do nothing without their votes. I know what likely happed, because Obama's dream would have crushed the health insurance industry, stole all their customers; the government gets all that cash, not them. So the insurance companies dump some money into some very important pockets, and now the plan has changed to one which forgets about government health insurance. Then man with the microphone, I shouldn't be so harsh. Maybe he still really wants his dream. I don't know.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2013, 11:07:38 PM »
Over here we have Tory cunts selling off our NHS

Fucking Tories. They privatise everything except the fucking monarchy

It's an inevitable backlash after the Tony years.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2013, 11:09:41 PM »
You should do *something* about your health care. As Michael Moore pointed out, Cuba has better health care than you, FFS.

Mr. Moore can claim the Earth is flat, and it would mean about just as much to me. You should maybe choose someone a lil more convincing than him, next time.  :tard:

In this case, he has the statistics to back his shit up with.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »
I'm not defending the US health care system. Pharmaceuticals are another discussion, but you probably know that. I'm responding your statement of, 'you should do something about your healthcare system'. What do you suggest I do, or any citizen do, when fed lies by those with the power of doing anything different?

Edit: To be fair to you, and honest with myself, I was also responding to the fact I'm annoyed when people compare Cuban statistics with anything.

I do think that you (meaning your government) should implement something that a) provides basic health care to everyone and b) does it without private insurance companies deciding how profitable your life is. As things stand, you have some of the most advanced pharmaceutical companies in the world, with enough know-how and resources to cure just about anything, but with a system that ensures that only the wealthy can access them.

I don't have all the answers but there are plenty of examples of working systems elsewhere, from France to Cuba. They are not perfect, not by a long shot, but they do work.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »

I can't help but wonder what happened to everyone for Obama. People don't get elected into the presidency without a great deal of support from the existing governmental structure. What happened to all of the politicians who supported Obama and his dream? He's only a man with a microphone and can do nothing without their votes. I know what likely happed, because Obama's dream would have crushed the health insurance industry, stole all their customers; the government gets all that cash, not them. So the insurance companies dump some money into some very important pockets, and now the plan has changed to one which forgets about government health insurance. Then man with the microphone, I shouldn't be so harsh. Maybe he still really wants his dream. I don't know.

I suspect he still wants it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »

I do think that you (meaning your government) should implement something that a) provides basic health care to everyone and b) does it without private insurance companies deciding how profitable your life is. As things stand, you have some of the most advanced pharmaceutical companies in the world, with enough know-how and resources to cure just about anything, but with a system that ensures that only the wealthy can access them.

I don't have all the answers but there are plenty of examples of working systems elsewhere, from France to Cuba. They are not perfect, not by a long shot, but they do work.
The system in the US works, it simply doesn't well for everyone and could use improvement. Much the same could be said of various other systems. Those systems only have different problems. Stop bringing up Cuba; I refuse. Of course something should be done, and the people obviously want it done, that's why our country elected a man who said it would be done. Big pharma is its own entity, even within the confines of government health services it's a separate consideration. I know pharmaceuticals are a big part of health care, but it really is an entirely different topic. I like to think of corporate pharma in archetypal terms of the antichrist, as it truly embodies and represents every aspect of the demon savior. Hopefully we share this view and there's no need for you and I to analyze the abstract of evil, as apposed to actual government health plans which could use some tweaking to include the lower middle class. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:04 PM »
It works for some people, Jack, not for everyone.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
Did you read my first sentence?