Educational

Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 180799 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #11700 on: October 01, 2018, 04:05:58 AM »
Vile. I had to go pick up my med refill script then take those to the pharmacy to cash them in,  and it was SO cold out there, jesus christ, I couldn't feel my hands, aside from pain, or my face, and it was icy enough to make breathing difficult.  Didn't help either that my bike tyre got a puncture, and I had to go almost all of the way there, and all the way back on a front tyre that was as flat as a two year old boy's chest, veering from side to side, jarring my arse, and the damn seat and handlebars were wet too just to add to the misery.

I feel much better though for having gotten home, taken my meds, although once  I got them from the pharmacy, I decided to open up about 80-90mg worth of IR oxycodone capsules and snort the contents, in order to numb me to the biting, frigid cold. Not the sort of thing I like doing, getting up and out for 8am, especially with that damn tyre puncture, when it's cold enough that it's difficult to breathe, and with the added physical exertion needed to force the bike to go in the direction I'm headed in with the flat, total shitter of a start to the day.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11701 on: October 02, 2018, 03:22:23 PM »
Its raining
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11702 on: October 02, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
Sunny now,  rain maybe tomorrow
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11703 on: October 02, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
Early spring here and I've given up wearing a jacket to work, it's shirtsleeves weather. I'll drag my jacket back out of the wardrobe in about 7 months. I like living in a warm temperate climate.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11704 on: October 02, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
16.4°C partly cloudy and windy at 9:50am.

Supposed to get some rain later and maybe a thunderstorm. The cats won't appreciate that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11705 on: October 03, 2018, 12:05:46 AM »
Copenhagen is rainy today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11706 on: October 03, 2018, 05:37:53 AM »
It will rain. Rained ealier, will rain later. The air is still about one hundred percent humidity right now, just before sun up. Just taking the dog for his early morning walk we both came home wet, even though it is not raining.
When the atmospheric dew point and the local temperature are close to equal, you get wet from dew fall. The air is sweating on us.
 :-\
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11707 on: October 03, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
It rained nearly all night.

20.6°C and cloudy at 12:30pm.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11708 on: October 04, 2018, 04:26:49 AM »

Light drizzly rain most of the night here. Still going.
Excellent for all those bulbs I planted, but I would like to finish planting without getting too wet.

Might not happen. I may have to bone up and just get wet. It is still summer out there. Ten to fifteen degrees Fahrenheit above average highs for this time of year.
October, where are you?
 :hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11709 on: October 04, 2018, 08:13:31 AM »
Once upon a day so dreary,
as I pondered weak and weary,
Would the sun shine on the morrow?
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!"

:yawn:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11710 on: October 05, 2018, 12:18:16 AM »
It's been raining cats and dogs here for 2 days.

Some heavy rain is long overdue, hopefully we don't need to turn on the desalination plant now.

If this is a sign that the worst drought in 400 years is broken then we can expect the price of meat to go way up. Farmers will now stop killing their stock and will hang onto the few animals they have left as breeding stock.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11711 on: October 05, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »

We get a hard rain for about two or three minutes, then just mist for an hour. I have managed to get about two hundred more bulbs out this morning. I am wet.

Maybe four or five more trips and all the bulbs will all be in the ground.
Then just a matter of getting these many bags of highly acidic ground pine bark mulch on the plants that need this. After that is done I will just sit back and wait for my buddy to come around with his landscaping crew to cover everything else up with a couple of inches of HIS composted mulch.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11712 on: October 05, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »
Great glowing orb in sky has returned!    :worship:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11713 on: October 05, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
After several days in the high 80's it's supposed to hit just over the 90 degree mark.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11714 on: October 05, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »

Raining hard again, but it has been going for almost an hour, now

We need the rain! After two years of near drought conditions (last year, just keeping things alive cost a fortune from dropping expensive city water all over) this is a welcome change.  Timing might be considered inconvenient, but I do not want to poison this.

I got wet again. I also got another two big bags of bulbs in the ground. I am wet.