Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3682 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Hi
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:39 PM »
Hi Butterflies,

Do you think you'll stay in Budapest, or could this mass moving become a tradition, with the whole clan moving elsewhere every decade or so?

Hi Hyke :green: That is a good question. My aunt and uncle aren't too healthy, and they've made it clear that this is their last move. I don't think there's any chance they will move again. But, I don't know what will happen when they die.

I kinda like the idea of us all moving every decade or so. If it was up to me, then I might just choose to move slowly around the world.
I have to bear in mind though, that while I tend to float through life without putting down roots, the rest of my friends aren't like that. They're all at an age where they will be looking to settle down soon, or already have.
One has 2 kids, so they'll obviously be educated in Hungary, so I dunno how happy they'd be to move just because I want to :laugh:.
I imagine that 10 years down the line, they will all have kids, and I think that would make a mass exodus even harder.

I suppose that because of the kids, its unlikely that we would do this again. If I get bored in Budapest, I suppose I might try to persuade everyone to move to New York, or Paris, or something, but I don't think I'd be successful :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »
Hello, and congratulations for coming out of the closet as Bi.
Was it liberating to do so?
Misunderstood.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
Hello, and congratulations for coming out of the closet as Bi.
Was it liberating to do so?

Hi McJ, and thanks :green:

My "coming out" has been a pretty long drawn-out affair. I came out to my closest family, my aunt, uncle, and cousin, a couple of years ago, but I stayed in the closet with everyone else.
I knew they would be supportive, but I was quite concerned about how my best friend would take it. We grew up together, started dating guys around the same time. We would always talk about guys, and what guys were hot :laugh: I was worried that she would see all of that as lies when she knew I was gay.

The response I got from all my friends was very liberating. They were all really supportive. Far more so than I was expecting.
They've even gone so far as to help me to get to know girls on the internet, and my best friend even goes to the bother of coming along on first and second dates, because I'm a bit scared of meeting people from the internet on my own.

So, the short answer. Yes. It's very liberating to be able to talk to my friends about fancying girls, and for them to be so encouraging about things. Its great to be able to date whoever I want, and everyone be supportive of me.
I didn't really expect it to go so well :green:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
I completely support you.  I think it's lame that others judge based on who people happen to love.

Pictures would be appreciated. :evillaugh:
Misunderstood.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »
Welcome back. 

Congratulations on your acceptance into the world.  Somehow, it mostly seems to work out that everyone is okay with it.

Sorry about your Dad.

Will you continue rehabbing buildings in Budapest?  Do you speak Budapestian?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
Im sorry about your father. My dad was abusive whgen i was growing up, but now we are closer than ever. He feels bad about the past.  I have friends whose fathers or mothers never admit to any wrongdoing so i am super lucky. I act all whiny and emo when i neglect my personal needs.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »
Welcome back. 

Congratulations on your acceptance into the world.  Somehow, it mostly seems to work out that everyone is okay with it.

Sorry about your Dad.

Will you continue rehabbing buildings in Budapest?  Do you speak Budapestian?

Sadly, I stopped personally renovating property when I moved away from Scotland. N.Ireland isn't much good for doing what I do, so I buy in Scotland and  get my aunt and uncles building company to renovate them for me. For free :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:
I expect to continue doing that when I leave.

I don't know if I'll be buying up property in Budapest as well. On one hand, there is a near endless supply of beautiful rundown old apartment blocks, and the prices are so low it's unbelievable.
On the other hand, I have no contacts, I don't know what areas are good for rental, I dont know what kind of prices I would be able to rent them for, and I have no experts ready to step in if I get in over my head.

If I do decide to do it, it would just be a very small time thing. It would just be a hobby to help me get to know the area. It would be a long time before I would consider doing it on a larger scale.

And no, I can't speak any Magyar yet, although I can read a tiny bit of it. Sadly, all I can read is ads for houses on estate agents :laugh: I know what a konya, furdo, and szoba are, but I couldn't tell you the Hungarian word for food, or even hello :-[
I'm not superstitious at all, but I can't bring myself to learn the language incase I jinx things :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :laugh:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »
Nice to see you

Much luck in your new location

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »
Im sorry about your father. My dad was abusive whgen i was growing up, but now we are closer than ever. He feels bad about the past.  I have friends whose fathers or mothers never admit to any wrongdoing so i am super lucky. I act all whiny and emo when i neglect my personal needs.

Thanks. I would never want to give the impression that he was abusive though. Perhaps very slightly mentally abusive, but not a real abuser.

Its not nice to speak ill of the dead, but the truth is, my dad wasn't a terrible person. He was just a king-sized jerk.
He was an undiagnosed aspie, and I just don't think he could understand that I was a separate person, and not just an extension of him.

Nice to see you

Much luck in your new location

Hi Sky :green:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »

came out

Well goddamn, finally. Great job, man.  :green: :green:

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »

came out

I didn't just come out. I've had a boyfriend and 2 girlfriends since :green:.

In fact, just to shock you even more, I dated the guy and the first girl at the same time :o

Infidelity for the win :headbang2: :headbang2:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »

came out

I didn't just come out. I've had a boyfriend and 2 girlfriends since :green:.

In fact, just to shock you even more, I dated the guy and the first girl at the same time :o

Infidelity for the win :headbang2: :headbang2:

Hahaha! Attagirl.  :thumbup:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »
Welcome back, madam sugar lips.
:gopher:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »
Welcome back, madam sugar lips.

Hi Mr. Cornholio :green:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Hi Butterflies :)