Educational

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3676 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Hi
« on: July 04, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
I wasn't sure whether to post in the "back again" thread, or to start an intro thread, but I figure that a lot of you won't know me, so I may as well introduce myself.

I posted a lot back in the old days (it sounds so weird saying that :laugh: ,) but quite a lot has happened IRL since then.
My dad died. It was a bit of a shock, but we weren't close at all. In fact, we pretty much hated each other :laugh: We did kinda make up in the end though, which was good.
I finally came mostly "out of the closet :laugh:" as bi, and since then, I've had a relationship with a girl, and a guy, and I'm currently dating a lovely girl.

Most importantly though, as a family, we have decided to leave this God-forsaken shithole called N.Ireland, and move to Budapest. Just as soon as my Great Aunt, who is in the very final stages of dementia, dies. She is now losing the ability to swallow, so it shouldn't be too long.
It's starting to look like a mass exodus. At first it was just my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and his girlfriend, myself, and my sister, but now all of our good friends have agreed to come with us :green: Even my best friends brother and his fiance and their 2 kids have agreed to come :green: :green:
In case any of you can't tell, I can barely contain my excitement :laugh:

Annoyingly though, all we can do is wait, and it's killing me :laugh: So after seeing Semicolon turn up here again, I think I might try to kill some time here.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:22:41 AM »
Welcome back.

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
Salvete, Papiliones!  8)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »
:welcome:

Should we ask you the standard welcome questions all over again? :laugh:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 10:47:49 AM »
Hi Jack :green:

Salutat vos quoque Lit :green:

And you can ask me what questions you want Semi :green:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
Hey Butterflies.. good to see you here again.

Budapest? Why Budapest?
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
Nam Aquincum forte est!  :viking:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »
Hey Butterflies.. good to see you here again.

Budapest? Why Budapest?

Nam Aquincum forte est!  :viking:

Lit is right. It is "For Budapest" :green:

Hi Lutra. TBH, it wasn't just my decision. My aunt and uncle wanted to move to the south of France. Myself and my cousin wanted to live in a great world city. Budapest just appealed to all of us, and one of my aunts best friends lives there, so that was a big reason for her wanting to move there.
I can only really speak for myself, but it was always a city that fascinated me. It kinda seems like a big crossroads between North Europe and South Europe, and of course, East and West Europe. Ive always thought Prague looked so amazing, for similar reasons.
The architecture looks stunning, and it looks like such a romantic city. It has an underground railway which is so cool, and it has trams. I love trams :green:

I've spent so long on Google Earth, just walking around, seeing the city.
So, Lit is right. We are moving to Budapest, just for Budapest.

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 12:46:15 PM »
Hello! :)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »
Welcome back, girl.  :) I want to ask how your dad died but I figure that might be personal.

A mass exodus to Budapest sounds like awesome fun.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
but now all of our good friends have agreed to come with us :green: Even my best friends brother and his fiance and their 2 kids have agreed to come

That part seems odd; have never moved to follow a friend.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 02:17:51 PM »
Hi Butterflies,

Do you think you'll stay in Budapest, or could this mass moving become a tradition, with the whole clan moving elsewhere every decade or so?

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »
Welcome back, girl.  :) I want to ask how your dad died but I figure that might be personal.

A mass exodus to Budapest sounds like awesome fun.

Hi Py :green: It was cancer. And my parents decided not to tell me or my sister that he was ill. I suppose that just goes to show how close we were to our parents :laugh: I was on a short trip back to Scotland with my sister, when I heard the news from a relative.
I stayed around until he died, but things were still so bad between him and my sister, that she just went home and never had a chance to try and sort out thir issues.

Its so weird. It feels like some kind of life-changing experience for me, and I do have a different attitude to life now, but I don't know why. I still can't think back about him with any real affection, and I can't even say he was a good person or a good dad.

but now all of our good friends have agreed to come with us :green: Even my best friends brother and his fiance and their 2 kids have agreed to come

That part seems odd; have never moved to follow a friend.

It does sound weird :laugh: but there is some logic to it.

I missed my friends from Scotland, so when my best friend was having problems, I persuaded her to move across. Then I tried to help my sister by doing something nice for her, but our parents totally fell out with her because of it, so she moved across.
Then I had a nice house lying empty, and my best friends brother, who is one of my best mates, needed a nice house, so we persuaded him and his family to move across.
So, eventually I had managed to transport a lot of my old social life over to N.Ireland :laugh:

They all stay in our house, or in a house owned by me. The main house is getting converted into apartments when we leave, and they don't have their own places to live.

My cousins best friend is from Latvia, and he came over here to be a translator. He failed to get a job, and ended up working on a building site. Him and his girlfriend hate it here, so they just fancy a new start. He is going to be our translator :headbang2:

We've told them all that we'll make sure they have really nice houses to live in, and that they won't need to work if they can't be bothered. None of them really like N.Ireland, and apart from my cousins girlfriend, none of them are even N.Irish. They all seem pretty happy to just tag along.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »
Oh my. I see. Thanks. :laugh: