Author Topic: That really yanks my chain  (Read 873 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
That really yanks my chain
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
People who are obviously not handicapped, using handicap placards and parking in handicapped spots.
Misunderstood.

P7PSP

Re: That really yanks my chain
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »
Yeah.  I've known people who used someone else's pass to park a little closer.

Some people are not obviously disabled.  My kids' neurologist offered one to me because she was terrified that Youngest would run out in the street.  I didn't feel right about it, so I declined her offer.  I carried him (biting, kicking, pulling my hair, and screaming!) or put him in a stroller until He would hold a hand reasonably well.  In hindsight I think I probably should have accepted the pass. 

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »
  ^ Agree about some disabilities being invisible.  My elderly neighbor does not use oxygen but her
   emphysema makes it hard for her to go up and down stairs, so she would be entitled to a special plate IMO.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
What else yanks my chain:
People who, when their dog is pooping on someone else's grass, get busy on their phone not noticing.
Then walk away without cleaning it up.
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »
My plug was on a chain connected to the bath.  The urchin freed it somehow.  Now i can't find it so i had to get pliers to free the kitchen plug to run a bath.   :zoinks:    Does that count?

Also, people who meander around supermarket aisles at the speed of a stoned snail.  They hover checking prices.  They chat endless amounts of shite to each other and just clog up the place.  I like to get them in the shins with my trolley.
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 07:11:46 PM »
My plug was on a chain connected to the bath.  The urchin freed it somehow.  Now i can't find it so i had to get pliers to free the kitchen plug to run a bath.   :zoinks:    Does that count?

Also, people who meander around supermarket aisles at the speed of a stoned snail.  They hover checking prices.  They chat endless amounts of shite to each other and just clog up the place.  I like to get them in the shins with my trolley.
Fucking doo dahs piss me off too whether they are in a store or on the highway.  :thumbdn:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »

I dont use a cart, I use a basket

So I can slide between all the other shoppers

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »

Fucking doo dahs piss me off too whether they are in a store or on the highway.  :thumbdn:

I understand wher you two are coming from.  I often become enraged when others are physically
  stopping me from doing what I want or need to do, you should see me cut through a crowd at the mall!  :bloody:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »

I understand wher you two are coming from.  I often become enraged when others are physically
  stopping me from doing what I want or need to do, you should see me cut through a crowd at the mall!  :bloody:

I saw your violent nature on the SF waterfront.  :indeed:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »

Is that why you were running away from me?  Were ya scared?  :zoinks:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »
I didn't want to be seen with you. :hide:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »

local 10 is militant.
Misunderstood.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »
I didn't want to be seen with you. :hide:

I know, my epic magnificence made you feel inadequate and dull.  There, there.  :hug:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »

local 10 is militant.
I have only known 2 Longshoreman. We don't typically work around your Union.