Educational

Author Topic: A question about Gareth and Amy Nelson  (Read 8369 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: A question about Gareth and Amy Nelson
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 12:46:03 AM »
Just don't get on Amy's bad side...

She has borderline personality disorder tendencies.

And she is running a forum and sees herself as an advocate? Thats comforting to know *sarcasm intended

Might be a good time to STFU before you say something like that again.... okay? I had people talk about me behind my back, and if you talk about her the same way. Then seriously grow a pair and shut up.

Meh, unmoderated forum. Easier to say stuff here without censor which is possibly why he is choosing this forum to discuss it. I think it is harmless. I have said a lot worse to Amy than what i have said here.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 03:08:53 AM »

And she is running a forum and sees herself as an advocate? Thats comforting to know *sarcasm intended

Might be a good time to STFU before you say something like that again.... okay? I had people talk about me behind my back, and if you talk about her the same way. Then seriously grow a pair and shut up.

I am  surprised by that comment Genesis. I didn't think you'd resort to threats and internet tough guy-ism but I'll put that down to you being upset. In response:

1) I was replying to something someone else said. Why target me alone? Just wondering.
2) There is no rule against discussing and giving opinions on people who are not present. On the internet and in real life people are discussed and opinions given about them. In cases where people put themselves out as authorities and spokespeople, like the Nelsons, then they should expect to be under scrutiny and receive either praise or criticism. The reality is mate that people talk about people. If you claim never to have done the same then I am afraid I must call bullshit.

I am sorry someone in the past has upset you by talking about you but by the same token you can't dictate to others what they wish to  discuss. I am not going to 'stfu' nor do I need to 'grow a pair.' At I2 we should feel free have open discussions without being attacked for doing so.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »

I am  surprised by that comment Genesis. I didn't think you'd resort to threats and internet tough guy-ism but I'll put that down to you being upset. In response:

1) I was replying to something someone else said. Why target me alone? Just wondering.
2) There is no rule against discussing and giving opinions on people who are not present. On the internet and in real life people are discussed and opinions given about them. In cases where people put themselves out as authorities and spokespeople, like the Nelsons, then they should expect to be under scrutiny and receive either praise or criticism. The reality is mate that people talk about people. If you claim never to have done the same then I am afraid I must call bullshit.

I am sorry someone in the past has upset you by talking about you but by the same token you can't dictate to others what they wish to  discuss. I am not going to 'stfu' nor do I need to 'grow a pair.' At I2 we should feel free have open discussions without being attacked for doing so.

Sorry... I just don't understand why people vilify them.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »

Meh, unmoderated forum. Easier to say stuff here without censor which is possibly why he is choosing this forum to discuss it. I think it is harmless. I have said a lot worse to Amy than what i have said here.

Amy and my father kinda share same similarities on a few things....

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
I don't know her.  But it seems as if she professes to be an advocate for aspbergers people's yet disenfranchises some voices that she disagrees with.

Seems like she is a self advocate.

I don't know garreth.
But it seems like he backs his wife more than he is an advocate for AS people.

All this just from what I have read here, by people who have casual relationships with the Nelson's.
Misunderstood.

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »

Do you have a decent relationship with your dad?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »

Strange reply. His response was to your gossip. Don't know anything about her diagnosis, though, so might be speaking out of turn and it wasn't really armchair e-diagnosis garbage you were spouting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:05:55 PM by Jack »

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »

Do you have a decent relationship with your dad?

Yeah its all good... its just he has a few episodes once in awhile, yet what can you do...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »
Genesis, if his episodes are infrequent, does he admit his faults when they are over?
Misunderstood.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »
Genesis, if his episodes are infrequent, does he admit his faults when they are over?

Sometimes he does.. other times he doesn't remember it.

He has been more happier since we brought the Dog home a couple months ago...

I don't blame him for some of things he gets "meh" about....

Sometimes I think its Grandma's fault.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »
FYI its a mix of Spectrum related with bipolar tendencies... (nothing serious like borderline personality disorder)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
Do you think Amy Nelson has BPD?
Misunderstood.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »
Even if she does, and even if she doesn't.... its not my business to know.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
Fair enough.
Misunderstood.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
Amy makes Gareth's peepee happy, so he is partially blind to any wrongdoing on her part which is true for most if not all men. :p
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.