Educational

Author Topic: Real Estate Collapse  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
Re: Real Estate Collapse
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »
 Keep an eye on local real estate, you might find a real good deal. I saw one forsale in Hamden the other day, nice place an area. Old people died and the family was nearly giving it away and it's not the first one I've spotted like that, plus people who bought before the run up that need to move can sell out cheap and still get more than they paid an owe on their places.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »
For that I would have to sell my house we have a lot of equity but still the market is low.  I could do a fixer up type house as it's my business also
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »

yeah, i mean those gorgeous old stone walls you see rambling around the british countrside.  :heart:

There are a few of those in northern Indiana, built as the Amish cleared the land for farming. :heart:

hey, dawg, let's get together with your music collection, my singing (and i'll even play guitar with my navel showing - yes i have a very good memory), my cooking (and some of yours, cos i want to try it), and we'll make baeutiful music and dry stone walls together.  :-*

sound like a plan?

Sounds like the start of a good plan, but quite a few details need to be worked over, yet.

Proximity pops to mind, along with a possible instance of The Eyebrow Guy's wrath and the same from a very accomplished Eyebrow Gal who I know quite well. There is also the set of major complications associated with Thing 1 and Thing 2, who live at my present address. (they would steal your heart, for sure, despite your resistance)

This plan may need some more work.

(the sentiment is warmly welcomed, though)
 :-*

*stops, just in time*

did i mention anything untoward?  i was planning on a nice, friendly dry-stone-wall-building adventure, you rudely minded chap, you.  :laugh:

mind you, given it's me doing the planning, i don't blame you for thinking something filthy must be involved somewhere.  ;)

Untoward? Playing a guitar?

... and with your navel showing? Not untoward at all.

I think you know enough about me to also know what effect that would induce in my behavior. I would call that very toward.

But filthy? Nah. Messy, maybe.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »
messy will do.  :laugh:

;)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »
great photos, johnny.   :thumbup:

Teejay

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »
People desire to own their home, I only speak as an Australian and in Australia house prices have reached levels, that saving anywhere from $30,000 to $50,000 for a 10% deposit or $60,000 to $100,000 for a 20% deposit is just impossible. If Australian had mortgage regulations like the US, there would be a massive real estate crisis by now, because so many people would have taken out sub-prime mortgages.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »
Is Australia that expensive everywhere? In the US it's all location

George Bernard Shaw

Teejay

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »

Yes indeed, the least expensive areas are averaging 200,000 in Australian Dollars, the bigger urban areas are averaging between 300,000 Australian Dollars to 550,000 Australian Dollars. Household incomes average around $40,000 to $65,000 in Australia.

http://news.smh.com.au/business/house-prices-rise-12-per-cent-nationally-20080311-1ypb.html

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 05:22:31 AM »

Yes indeed, the least expensive areas are averaging 200,000 in Australian Dollars, the bigger urban areas are averaging between 300,000 Australian Dollars to 550,000 Australian Dollars. Household incomes average around $40,000 to $65,000 in Australia.

http://news.smh.com.au/business/house-prices-rise-12-per-cent-nationally-20080311-1ypb.html

Guess you have to do what we did wait for someone to die and leave you money

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »
Grass is three feet high across the street and the lack of maintenance is beginning to show not the only one in the area too.  They have has no heat or electricity since last year.  The owner is still wanting top dollar which passed about eight months ago

George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 02:53:45 AM »
Old people died and the family was nearly giving it away and it's not the first one I've spotted like that
That is probably what some people are waiting for so they can buy a house at a decent price.

Here in Australia it is getting ridiculous because people my age and younger can't afford to buy a house and have to wait until they inherit. It is also hard to sell which makes it worse, my parents are trying to sell their house so they can move to Queensland. They have already had to take it off the market once as it didn't sell.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 06:24:02 AM »
It is not fair blaming regular people who are willing to work hard and strive fir homeownership.

This was a huge scam to redistribute wealth from the middle to the top.  To make the common man even further indebted to the banks.  Slaves, one and all.
Misunderstood.