Educational

Author Topic: Okay hang on just a damn second.  (Read 2409 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Okay hang on just a damn second.
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »
I was busy crowing about the awesome success of defeating the assault weapons ban before it got off the ground that I didn't even notice that the proposal for stricter background checks was also defeated.

wut  http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/17/177638177/senate-rejects-expanded-background-checks-for-gun-sales <------ Look at that shit.

I was actually FOR that, because it would have helped keep psychopaths from shooting people for no reason. Apparently so were like 90% of the rest of America. What the fuck happened? This is the same reason I got angry with the president in the first place. He proposed an assault weapon ban, and everyone yelled at him for it, but he still planned to go ahead with it, and it didn't even make it to the polls.

Now the senate is doing the SAME THING, only they are succeeding in ignoring the will of the people. Yes. I mad.

What am I missing here? Someone help me out, because this looks to me like a direct attack on american liberty.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Okay hang on just a damn second.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:23:16 PM »
I was busy crowing about the awesome success of defeating the assault weapons ban before it got off the ground that I didn't even notice that the proposal for stricter background checks was also defeated.

wut  http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/17/177638177/senate-rejects-expanded-background-checks-for-gun-sales <------ Look at that shit.

I was actually FOR that, because it would have helped keep psychopaths from shooting people for no reason. Apparently so were like 90% of the rest of America. What the fuck happened? This is the same reason I got angry with the president in the first place. He proposed an assault weapon ban, and everyone yelled at him for it, but he still planned to go ahead with it, and it didn't even make it to the polls.

Now the senate is doing the SAME THING, only they are succeeding in ignoring the will of the people. Yes. I mad.

What am I missing here? Someone help me out, because this looks to me like a direct attack on american liberty.
Then why are you supporting those asses

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »

Then why are you supporting those asses

I don't actually support any political party. I back whoever is protecting my freedoms. I supported the ones who promised that assault rifles would be left alone, and everyone seemed to agree that stricter background checks was a fine idea.

I don't understand.
I will never stop...

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 06:37:38 PM »
Cant have it both ways

Tell the NRA and special interest groups to back off

They control what goes on in Congress

Background checks passed 54 to 46

because of republican filibuster it took 60 to pass

Like I say blame the money people

Its about control

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
Control? Controlling efforts to keep guns out of the hands of psychopaths? You'll have to excuse my overbearing attitude on this, but I like to understand pressing issues like this. Perhaps they had a valid reason for doing it, I don't know. I literally have no idea whats really going on with this one, to be perfectly honest. I know the total votes and everything, but I also see that the whopping 90% will of the people was basely misrepresented.

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but it isn't actually up to the senate hoe this country is run is it? They do what we tell them to. Is that not what is supposed to happen?
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »
No politicians are for the people. They are only for themselves. If you support the system at all, you support your oppressors.

You don't have gunlaws any near what we have here - yet.

"Democracy" is a fraud. It's not about the people having the power at all.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
But thats the way the system is set up, Lit. We have a house and a senate and a president and a state so that we can tell our collective will to and have it carried out.

At least thats how its SUPPOSED TO GODDAMN WORK. I swear to god, this shit just seems to be getting worse. Every single day, its another dissapointment.
I will never stop...

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
Its all about controlling their congressman and senators

If they didnt vote the way the NRA wanted, or the way Grover Norquist or the Koch brothers wanted, they would be blacklisted with no financial support in their primaries

Its about controlling the government

Its not about the black man in the white house or guns or citizens for that matter

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 07:08:12 PM »
Well then i'm just going to research until I find definitive proof of SOMETHING untoward, and i'm going to ram it right up their asses. I can be pretty damned determined, and I know how to use the internet to "effect" things.
I will never stop...

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »
You have been blaming the wrong people for the woes of the country

The very people who are on the one hand inciting those like you to revolution are the very people actually controlling what happens in our congress

The control congress with the money

They control you with fear of the 'nigger' and big government choking you

It aint the government (Obama) squeezing your balls

Its people that want complete control of our government and the citizens of the country

If they incite you to rebel they have reason to declare martial law

While you are busy tring to bring down your government, they are busy coming in the back door

Sooooo

go change your underwear, take a shower

and get on the right side
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:23:04 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
I only believe Obama should be impeached for failing in his duties representing the will of the people(proposing an assault rifle ban, even though it was SEVERELY frowned upon). I mean, thats a pretty big fucking deal, dude. I also believe all the senators responsible for this filibuster should be kicked out. Banned from government for life.

I have nothing against black people, Sky. Nigger is a funny word to me, and thats all. I don't really care about emotional intelligence, sorry. And I still think a revolution is necessary, and has been going on for some time now because of crap like this. We need humble folks representing us. People who do what we tell them to do, and make decisions in accordance with the agreement they made upon being placed in seats of power by us.

Until this happens, i'm going to continue to be EXTREMELY aggressive towards big government, and reductions in civil liberty. The PEOPLE were for this bill. Nintey percent of them. Yes, the people's will is what is important. Fuck the government, and fuck special intrest groups. Fuck them right in the ass, until they do what they're told.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »
This said. At least the assault weapons ban was defeated. I forget the guy's name, but he said he was going to introduce the background check proposal again. Maybe next time eh?
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 06:01:07 PM »
One more thing...

Rather than peddling uninformed fantasies, you should instead be learning about just how often guns are used in self-defense. In the US, depending on how you calculate your stats, guns are used in self-defense between tens and hundreds of thousands of times per year:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense

Even using the lowest estimates, guns are used in the US in self-defense more often than they are used in murders and other criminal shootings.

Another interesting fact is that gun violence in the US is concentrated in poor, urban, minority areas - which are areas that already have the strongest gun control laws in the country. This is why blacks are 10 times more likely to be involved in a fatal shooting than whites:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/feature/wp/2013/03/22/gun-deaths-shaped-by-race-in-america/

If you want to solve gun crime, then start by fixing the problem in the poor, urban, minority neighborhoods where guns that are already illegal are still being used to kill with wild abandon. Telling us that the solution to this problem requires disarming law abiding people - people who use their guns in self-defense more often than guns are used in criminal shootings - is just a complete load of horse shit that no one who is familiar with the actual facts will ever buy. The U.S. is not the U.K.
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
Gun control is a divisive subject. A distraction.

Looking here while they steal your wallet. Income inequality is what they are trying to steer your focus away from.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »
I somewhat agree with Mcjagger. It defintly is a distraction, and a petty one at that. Its like Alien thingy of course they are real but it sure does play into the governments favor to call anyone who believes in them a quack. As far as Guns are concerned they will never be able to take your guns away. There are probably more guns in this country then people, and the only way they would ever be able to attempt such a feet is to lockdown the whole country under some martial law bullshit, which will never happen. I don't think

The short of it is, If you are worried about the government taking away your guns just go buy some more. buy a whole house and fill the entire thing with guns. then when you see da bad guys coming for your weapons, start shooting!  >:D
:skywarp: