Author Topic: Okay hang on just a damn second.  (Read 2424 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Okay hang on just a damn second.
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:47 PM »
Communism as a concept is just as failed as the rest of them.
not practiced the correct way.
Each communist power in the past has been a dictatorship.

The theory is flawed so the realisation will be, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »
You will not get a good society with communism either. Individual anarchism is the only society where the individual isn't oppressed

Not by the authorities, no, but by others. It is the theory of the strongest and the fittest, basically.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 11:36:23 PM »
You do it on a small scale. Everyone must be conscious about how important it is not to let anyone oppress you.

It might work for a while in a small, closed system. But there's no such thing in Real Life.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 12:02:01 AM »
You will not get a good society with communism either. Individual anarchism is the only society where the individual isn't oppressed

You're dreaming.

TheoK

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »

Not by the authorities, no, but by others. It is the theory of the strongest and the fittest, basically.

I don't see why anyone would oppress anyone more than in this system. In this system any psychopath who reaches a position of authority is almost guaranteed of getting away with oppressing others. Other authorities support an authorithy abusing its power.

In an anarchy there is no hierarchy and no monopoly on violence. Everybody who wants has guns. Thus no-one can simply oppress anyone else. If some people try to create a hierarchy and a monopoly on violence, it will be easy to stop them, if everyone is determined to do so.

The paradox is that everyone who says that anarchism is impossible projects the worst traits of the state on the anarchistic system, although in an anarchistic system there will be no such traits, because an anarchistic system doesn't have the structure that allows those kinds of things to happen.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:23:32 AM by Lit »

TheoK

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 12:56:53 AM »

You're dreaming.

I'm dreaming because we are just a few thosand persons believing in this. If 99.99% of the population think that this is the best system there is and that a working anarchy is impossible, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

TheoK

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2013, 03:30:45 AM »
This so called civilization is perverted. It is perverted deepest down, so if you remove the perverted things in it, it will cease to exist. But as long as you don't remove it, there will never be a real change.

I'm absolutely convinced that this sick system eventually will fall. But I'm also pretty sure that it won't happen during my lifetime. For "civilization" to fall globally, all economies must collapse worse than it has done in Greece, for instance.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2013, 03:32:39 AM »
The problem with such ideals is that people will always be there to pervert them.

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2013, 03:37:34 AM »
In an anarchy that kind of people will be shot by the honest and good citizens. In this system that kind of people usually reach a position where they are untouchable.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »
In an anarchy that kind of people will be shot by the honest and good citizens. In this system that kind of people usually reach a position where they are untouchable.

Your view of human nature is quite naive. Humans may do a lot of good things for others, but it's all conditional and there'll never be 100% honesty and goodness from anybody in this real life world. What makes us human isn't just the good stuff but also the bad.

TheoK

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2013, 05:23:24 AM »
I don't think that people are angels. On the contrary: most people would want an anarchistic society out of egoistic reasons, because an anarchist society is the only one where your freedom is only limited by the freedom of others. In a state 99% of the laws aren't there for justice but to keep people in check.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »

Your view of human nature is quite naive. Humans may do a lot of good things for others, but it's all conditional and there'll never be 100% honesty and goodness from anybody in this real life world. What makes us human isn't just the good stuff but also the bad.
have you met me? I am 100% good and genuine.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
So I take it you've never told any lies?

Good according to who anyway?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 05:28:02 PM »
So I take it you've never told any lies?

Good according to who anyway?
i am a recovering liar. In lied in my youth.  Gave them up, since they were too much work.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »
That's what they all say, man. Liaholics in denial. :zoinks: