Author Topic: Coffee thread.  (Read 18565 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Coffee thread.
« Reply #945 on: March 01, 2016, 04:22:01 AM »
  My first cup is cooling beside me as I post.  I used to add cold water to it to cool it, but that
  just makes it taste like dishwater, so I must be patient and wait for it to cool naturally.  :meditate:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #946 on: March 01, 2016, 04:37:08 AM »
  My first cup is cooling beside me as I post.  I used to add cold water to it to cool it, but that
  just makes it taste like dishwater, so I must be patient and wait for it to cool naturally.  :meditate:

Yes, you practice patience, and get rewarded with good tasting coffee.

Taste is important.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #947 on: March 01, 2016, 04:39:52 AM »

Taste is important.

Patient I must be.  Taste the coffee I will.   :yoda: :tea:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #948 on: March 01, 2016, 04:42:29 AM »

Taste is important.

Patient I must be.  Taste the coffee I will.   :yoda: :tea:

You're growing wiser. Not only taking coffee for the caffeine, but also taking time to taste the wonders of the brew.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #949 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
  It definitely tastes better without the extra water. :coffee:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #950 on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »
  The second cup is probably cool enough to drink now. :coffee:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #951 on: April 26, 2016, 06:27:53 AM »
  Finishing the dregs of the old cup, then I will make a fresh one. 

I should start buying half-and-half. :coffee:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #952 on: April 26, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »
What is 1/2&1/2 ?

Heard of it before, The Bitch From Hell mentioned a 'half and half' a couple of times while  It was here, before I gave It the crack round those ugly fat (pork) chops of It's and kicked it out of the house. IIRC breeze has said something about a half and half too. Reminds me actually, once I get my skype back sorted I haven't spoken to Breeze in soooo long, and kinda miss her.  I do hope she hasn't worried about me during my disappearing act, as I KNOW what a worrywart she can be, I'd hate for her to fret over my sake, if she has, after my enforced disappearing  for so long a while ago.

Hm...almost at the threshold of getting up to make a brew myself, but I'm not sure if I should. I don't want the caffeine in the tea to at all counter the effects of the chlormethiazole I had earlier, or lessen the relaxant-ness of the mixed oxy/morphine shot I'm about to have (scratch that, the one I just had, I should say.)

OOOOFFF! oh damn! haha shit me sideways, that felt like I just got slugged at 300 MPH by an inflatable runaway freight train carrying a shipment of thousands of pillows, and got whacked HARD by same :P

Although grrr!, I can't find my antifuckinghistamines :/

Don't bother with dregs couldbe, thats not what a brew is all about. Fresh, hot, dark, sweet,or bitter, or bittersweet as one likes one's char, or coffee best, but fuck drinking slops, save them all up, you should give the nearest loca m,jnjkll==8-===8==
y
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #953 on: April 26, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
  Half and half is a mixture of milk and cream, delicious in the coffee. :coffee:

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #954 on: April 26, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
I need to try one of those french press thing-a-ma-bobs
They say they make the best coffee.

The keurig kind of sucks.
It all tastes bitter and I take it all apart to clean it all the time.
Maybe I should stop cleaning it?
...or maybe I'm just a coffee wuss and it's supposed to be bitter.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #955 on: April 26, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »
Metal can impart a bitterness that isn't nice, coffee itself SHOULD be bitter. Caffeine itself is bitter. Whats a/the keurig?

I did have a french press and I need to get another after the glass broke years ago. The filter I recycled for other uses but the press, before breaking, does make wonderful coffee.

Taking as axiomatic of course, that one HAS some wonderful coffee to put into it. Put cheap garbage in, and thats what one gets out again obviously, and if someone is prepared to buy utter garbage to begin with then they might as well save the money and buy nescafe or some  such trash. Or ask CBC to teabag them.

As for half and half then, gah, thats fucking gash! your polluting the environment with filth, not making coffee or tea, if cow products aren't thoroughly excluded from being present. Eww, thats just nasty. I can't stand milk in tea or coffee. My coffee, although I drink less of it than I do tea (go figure, I'm english, and proud of it :P:P) I take black, preferably rich, strong, aromatic bitter-sweet espresso, or mmmmmmhhhhmmm turkish coffee is manna from heaven. For my tea, black of course, and if sweetened at all, although I do usually like at least a spoonful of honey dribbled in. If its the right kind of tea, that would benefit from the flavour, then my favourite additive/alterant for it, is chopped freshly picked lemon balm (Melissa officianalis) from the garden, bashed up a bit to release all the juices and scents and flavours, then left to infuse with the tea, then hoiked out before drinking it, because otherwise it would just be a tea soaked gobfull of leaves and twigs and little white flowers.

Its worth a try if you like tea, just let the chopped balm (about as much as will comfortably fit in the cup, and within one clenched hand, nothing more to it really), meant to be very healthy stuff too for the brain, meant to support memory via IIRC, nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, as well as a gentle calming effect (this is nothing to worry about, one can even give babies Melissa water, for their griping and skriking, as well as to ease intestinal gas, indigestion for them, its so benign a plant about the only way I can think of to do harm with it, would be to choke to death on the plant matter itself if forced down one's throat, or bash someone over the noggin with a heavy plant pot full of it, and soil and rocks etc.).

The soothing antianxiogenic, calming action is due to compounds having the effect of inhibiting GABA-transaminase,  a catabolic enzyme that plays the role of breaking down the main CNS inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA.  Makes a lovely enough tea actually on its own, without any Camellia sinensis at all, just a drop of honey to taste, maybe a squirt of lemon or lime juice if that appeals.

The french press does come highly recommended. Been meaning to buy another one myself. It takes ages and requires setting  up loads of equipment to make it, for me now. Enough to make me seldom bother.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #956 on: April 26, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
  I can't teabag anyone, I'm a girl.  :blonde:

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #957 on: April 26, 2016, 06:31:18 PM »
Keurig = overpriced, overhyped, single serve coffee maker...requires coffee in overpriced, non-biodegradable "k-cups" in a multitude of different flavors.

It was a gift...and my kid loves it.
Which is the only reason it's still taking up counter space.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #958 on: April 27, 2016, 12:09:49 AM »
Sure you can CBC, you just haven't got a dick to do it with.  Well not unless your boss at work counts. But thats not quite the same :P

Could still stick your muff in someone's face.

I've seen those coffee machines advertised, not that brand but the type of thing that takes some kind of prefilled 'pods', they always struck me as looking like exactly what you said, namely disgustingly overpriced, polluting, uneconomical bollocks. Never tried the coffee from one, but unless somebody one day makes me a cup, then I'm hardly likely to either. Because I'd never piss my money down to davy jones' locker on such a waste.

Turkish coffee, my favourite kind, now thats cheap to make. You just need the coffee, a special ultrafine grind, thats so fine its like icing sugar in consistency,or cement powder. And a little  longhandled tall metal pot called a czeve', then the fine turkish coffee, sugar to taste and water are mixed together then slowly heated over a flame, such as on top of the cooker. The pans have a long handle, and are far taller than they are wide, usually, or often aluminium, so they heat quickly, and its just held by hand over the fire until the coffee is done brewing. The result, is rich, bitter, highly aromatic, with a wonderfully rich scent, sweetened to whatever the person's own taste is, the sugar added to the pan rather than after in the cup, and its typically just enough to make one or two cups of coffee. Not quick like an
espresso machine (I'd like one of these myself, but a proper one, that you put coffee in, powdered beans, not some monstrosity that runs on some expensive, faggoty little packs of potted fanny scratchings and allah-turd. :P

The turkish czeve' is still single serve, or double at most if its a smaller cup.

I'm about to go make myself a nice cup of tea, since I've not yet taken any chlormethiazole, it can't counteract it. That Just making myself a nice brewski, and another chicken and mushroom snot noodle, with all those disgusting corn kernels located, and given short shrift indeed. Ick. Out they go. Making some of the really nice white tea I've got. No milk of course, not that white tea should be. That would be as close to, and good as, defaecating over your breakfast because you ran out of cereal before theres enough to fill your bowl:
will be just the thing for my breakfast, pot noodle no.II
Just had one, with some white grapefruit juice, the sort with all the pulp and bits in it.

What is a 'k-cup' ? having a poncy assed name like that is another thing that tends to make me think its likely a pack of  cheesy bollocks, and overpriced at that. Why not just re-gift it to your kid icequeen? if you  yourself can't stand it ?.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #959 on: April 27, 2016, 05:38:12 AM »

What is a 'k-cup' ? having a poncy assed name like that is another thing that tends to make me think its likely a pack of  cheesy bollocks, and overpriced at that. Why not just re-gift it to your kid icequeen? if you  yourself can't stand it ?.

It's a tiny prefilled (with coffee, tea, or cocoa) plastic foil-sealed cup. The machine pierces it with what resembles a large needle at the top and bottom to use it. The big hook with it is that you can brew just about anything...different flavored coffee, coffee over ice, tea, and now even soup (nasty soup).

It's basically the kid's now. His friends and him use the heck out of it.
He's 17.

If it's still working and he ever decides to leave home it goes with him.  ;)