Educational

Author Topic: The Iron Lady Is Gone  (Read 2938 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: The Iron Lady Is Gone
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
One of my daughters said this morning: "Mom, if you skip work today, you can watch Thatcher's funeral  :autism:".

Duhh.

Did still see a bit though, waiting for a client. Saw the bit where Bodie switched off her TV. I was glad I could leave the TV sets.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 03:56:39 PM »
 :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:
L                           l     D                         C                            T                                  r      I                    L
   e                    l              o             e           o                            h                       e               s                   o                    r
       t           A                              h                     n         a                a              h                            o              n          e
           s                                  T                                 g                            t   c                            N                        g

:asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:  :asthing: :asthing::asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:

Forget about what you saw on your TV screen.  This is how much of the UK celebrated her funeral!

I love this one
   A BLAST of the controversial top ten song Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead signalled the start of a party at Danderhall Miners’ Welfare and Social Club in Midlothian yesterday afternoon to celebrate the death of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.   With celebrations set to go on until midnight, the event which was expected to attract up to 300 people, began with a number of former miners, who had been on strike during the bitter 1984 dispute, marking the day with their own private toasts.

Among them was Eric Bunyan, 57, from Danderhall, who poured a dram for himself and his friend Jock Jones, 66, before they raised their glasses with the toast “Good Riddance” to Mrs Thatcher.

and pictured below,  an event set up in a museum for people to pay respects and watch the funeral
he he he

blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 11:03:17 PM »
That last one is kind of sad.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2013, 01:01:04 AM »
blah blah blah

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:09 AM »
 :grrr: I think what is sad that many male politicians that have done just as bad or worse won't be getting their deaths celebrated.  :grrr:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 07:32:32 AM »
:grrr: I think what is sad that many male politicians that have done just as bad or worse won't be getting their deaths celebrated.  :grrr:

It's a good point.  Gadaffi?, Saddam Hussein ?.   Not really the same league.  In my mind there has been no male politicians here in the UK who warrant that kind of reaction that i recall.

It does pose the question that perhaps Maggie was seen as a target for hatred because she was a woman?  Did we expect her to behave differently because she was a woman?

I will have to give that some thought.
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 08:08:39 AM »

It's a good point.  Gadaffi?, Saddam Hussein ?.   Not really the same league.  In my mind there has been no male politicians here in the UK who warrant that kind of reaction that i recall.

It does pose the question that perhaps Maggie was seen as a target for hatred because she was a woman?  Did we expect her to behave differently because she was a woman?

Were there male politicians who reigned for as long as she did, without the UK being in a major war?

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 09:10:42 AM »

Were there male politicians who reigned for as long as she did, without the UK being in a major war?

Tony Blair won three consecutive elections 1997, 2001, 2005.  His reign was only 10 years.  He could have beat Maggie by 18months if he hadn't quit and handed it over to Gordon Brown who was a far better Chancellor than Prime Minister.

I really don't think Maggie had any shit flung at her just because she was a woman.  Had it been a man who made those decisions and hurt so many communities then i think it would be the same.

I do think, people partied harder because she was elevated wrongly with a state funeral.  £10 million could buy several dialysis machines for example.  State funerals should be reserved for those people like Churchill.  He was famously conservative but his years of service benefited the whole country.  Maggie didn't do this.     Churchill had personality and  humour and honour.   Maggie didn't.  She lacked warmth.  Even to her own children.

Would Churchill have done what Maggie did?  Hard to say.  He was very conservative.  I would like to believe he had more moral fibre and humanity. 
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 03:00:26 PM »
Fuck her

Bitch

I didn't have a party or download the song, but I certainly feel no respect for her and still think she was a heartless fucking bitch

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
Hi Adam, how have you been?

And do we need to get rid of more politicians to get you to post?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline -----

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2013, 07:15:57 AM »
I pity her family, but I certainly do not feel remotely sorry for her. Vindictive cunt. Not only did she starve the miners, but half of the working class with it. The bitch privatised companies such as Brittish Power, thus, leaving no income to help prop up the country without having to screw us in tax.

Her ceremonial funeral is both undeserved and a frankly insulting use of public money.

In short, good riddance.

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
Margaret Thatcher died today. Thoughts?

I liked her, I have to say. Not necessarily her politics, but I think she was far more competent at her job than some of her successors.

Good riddance!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »

Tony Blair won three consecutive elections 1997, 2001, 2005.  His reign was only 10 years.  He could have beat Maggie by 18months if he hadn't quit and handed it over to Gordon Brown who was a far better Chancellor than Prime Minister.

I really don't think Maggie had any shit flung at her just because she was a woman.  Had it been a man who made those decisions and hurt so many communities then i think it would be the same.

I do think, people partied harder because she was elevated wrongly with a state funeral.  £10 million could buy several dialysis machines for example.  State funerals should be reserved for those people like Churchill.  He was famously conservative but his years of service benefited the whole country.  Maggie didn't do this.     Churchill had personality and  humour and honour.   Maggie didn't.  She lacked warmth.  Even to her own children.

Would Churchill have done what Maggie did?  Hard to say.  He was very conservative.  I would like to believe he had more moral fibre and humanity.

Not thinking she got this shit because of her gender either.
What I remember from the times she was in power, she was a force that wasn't going to let her self stopped by anyone.
The Thatcher era, when I think of it, always makes me sad. Desolation, that is what her heritage is. Churchill was a war leader, he brought hope. Thatcher destroyed hope. Major never had that hope sucking impact.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »
That's because Major had no impact at all. The man was an utter bore.

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2013, 03:57:15 AM »
He was an utter bore, yes.   However, he did have the  vision and the commitment which started the peace process in Northern Ireland.  Maggie was not willing to budge an inch.  It was her job to solve problems.  NI was a big problem that she gave little attention to.  She completely ignored large pockets of the Uk, including NI and for that reason she was shit at her job.  It was her job to represent the whole of the UK,  not just her voters.   

The British behaved terribly to the Irish Catholics.  The jails were notorious.  Beatings were common.  Prisoners were murdered.  British Government had a duty to investigate and put things right.  SHE did nothing.  She was a shitty PM and I think she wasn't worth a ten pence funeral.  Well, her family should have paid for her funeral.  The Iron Lady can Rust in Hell.
blah blah blah