Educational

Author Topic: The Iron Lady Is Gone  (Read 2866 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
The Iron Lady Is Gone
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »
Margaret Thatcher died today. Thoughts?

I liked her, I have to say. Not necessarily her politics, but I think she was far more competent at her job than some of her successors.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: The Iron Lady Is Gone
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 01:11:29 PM »
RIP  :(

I may not have agreed with her politics at times, but an iron lady she was, and for that I admired her.

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
Margaret Thatcher died today. Thoughts?

I liked her, I have to say. Not necessarily her politics, but I think she was far more competent at her job than some of her successors.

She was a divisive lady thats for sure. She certainly deserves her place in history though.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »
"ding dong the witch is dead"  sing many ex mining families up and down the country!

I HATED the bitch with a passion.  She HAD a rare opportunity.  She COULD have made much progress in pushing women forward in politics.  How many women were in her cabinet?  How many did she promote?  FUCK ALL

Let's look at what she did, or didn't do -

* One word  "MINERS"  She fucked them over good and proper.

*She escalated the troubles in Northern Ireland.  She could have prevented so many deaths (Bobby Sands comes to mind)   She was an ignorant self righteous bitch who didn't want to bother.  Peace was achievable.  As proved by Tony Blair and i have to include John Major too.   

*She did fuck all for women.  She did fuck all for human rights.  She was a MONSTER not a mother.

* Infamous "Poll Tax"  -  not one of her better policies!

*She tried to break the link of dirty hands!  Trampled over the trade unions.  Increased the rich/poor divide.

God this monster even took away the free little bottle of milk every child at school had daily.  I recall the comments now "Thatcher, the milk snatcher"  :zoinks:

I think the world stage remembers the Falklands conflict, and that must be where the 'iron' and the 'respect' for her comes from.  She acted as any PM would.  In other words 'she did her job'.  Big deal. 

Anyway, i don't care if i speak ill of the dead.  I am glad she no longer walks this earth.  I am glad she was 'troubled' in her final years.  She deserves to be.  Surprised if she found any peace at all after what she has done. 

Some folks do not deserve to RIP 
blah blah blah

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
She said Feminism was poison

She also schemed to privatize health care
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:23:19 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:00:06 PM »
Bodie, was your dad a miner?

One of my main political issues is labor.  The Iron Lady was a whore of the oligarchy.  She did shit for labor.
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »
No, my Dad worked for Lucas all his life in a factory.  He was a trade union man, though.  We had family in Nottingham and Yorkshire that were affected badly by the pit closures.
blah blah blah

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
11 years as pm unemployment was over 10 1/2% for half her tenure.

"She decided that when she wrote off our manufacturing industry that she could live with two or three million unemployed," ---Ken Livingstone, former London Mayor.

Childhood poverty rose during her tenure, when she left office nearly 1/3 of all children were living in poverty.

She promoted the failed trickle down economics by which she shifted the tax burden from the wealthy to the poor. 
Remember her 1990 poll tax?  Which is a huge advantage for he wealthy. It keeps the poor from voting.

She refused sanctions against south Africa's apartheid.  Called Nelson mandellas party a terrorist organization.

THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE NOW THAT THiIS BITCH IS DEAD.  MAY SHE BURN IN HELL...unfortunately hell doesn't exist.
GFY, thatcher.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:53:18 PM by McJagger »
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »
I wonder if we should privatize her funeral.  Give the contract to the lowest bidder. 
Misunderstood.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
I wonder if we should privatize her funeral.  Give the contract to the lowest bidder.
She will be given military honors at her funeral

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »
I think the world stage remembers the Falklands conflict, and that must be where the 'iron' and the 'respect' for her comes from.  She acted as any PM would.  In other words 'she did her job'.  Big deal.   

Come to think of it, it is a big deal. Some might lie about weapons of mass destruction to create a war or stay cowards and do nothing when there is an actual reason to go to war.

She was very much a product of her time. Nope, she was never one to help the poor get by, but I do think she did a lot for Britain's economy.

I HATED the bitch with a passion.  She HAD a rare opportunity.  She COULD have made much progress in pushing women forward in politics.  How many women were in her cabinet?  How many did she promote?  FUCK ALL

You're perfectly right.

But I wonder. If a man comes to power, no one expects him to promote anyone but himself or perhaps his friends because that's what men do, that's what politicians do and it's a good reason for not trusting a single one of them.

When a woman rises to a position of power, OTOH, she is expected to help all of her gender or she is seen as a traitor rather than simply another politician. I find that very interesting.

I don't believe in justice and fairness; I think anyone expecting it is bound to be disappointed because it's not what the world is like. I believe in equal rights to be a selfish bastard and deserve whatever karma you get, however. Thatcher was like anyone else in that respect but got further than most doing it, and for that I admire her.

"Iron Lady" came from the Soviets, btw.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 11:43:55 PM »
Maggie was the source of some great music and literature.

Read "The Centuries Daughter" of Pat Barker a while ago. It was as if I could smell the way the UK smelled during the Thatcherian era.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 02:37:08 AM »
Come to think of it, it is a big deal. Some might lie about weapons of mass destruction to create a war or stay cowards and do nothing when there is an actual reason to go to war.

She was very much a product of her time. Nope, she was never one to help the poor get by, but I do think she did a lot for Britain's economy.

I am just saying it was her job to defend the Falklands.  I am not surprised she was able to do this because she ignored other area's of her job - Northern Ireland for example.  What other job could you get away with completely blundering a large area of your responsibility?  In fact she amplified the troubles.   Her performance over the Falklands was swift and ended favourably.  She could have made a little more effort closer to home.

She was not squeeky clean.  She deceived the miner's for months about her long time plans for the pit closures.  She was as slippery as the othrs.

Also, the way she lied to the hunger strikers.  How she dealt with that matter, and the surrounding issues of the poor treatment  of prisoners over there was completely unforgivable.  I hope those memories haunted her in her final months.

but I do think she did a lot for Britain's economy.
... care to elaborate?  I can't think of anything.  Certainly wasn't manufacturing!

You're perfectly right.

But I wonder. If a man comes to power, no one expects him to promote anyone but himself or perhaps his friends because that's what men do, that's what politicians do and it's a good reason for not trusting a single one of them.

When a woman rises to a position of power, OTOH, she is expected to help all of her gender or she is seen as a traitor rather than simply another politician. I find that very interesting.

I don't believe in justice and fairness; I think anyone expecting it is bound to be disappointed because it's not what the world is like. I believe in equal rights to be a selfish bastard and deserve whatever karma you get, however. Thatcher was like anyone else in that respect but got further than most doing it, and for that I admire her.

I am not really into the feminist movement.  I do think that back in her time there were many obvious inequalities.  The low number of women with any positions of power was a very obvious one that she was in a position to adjust.  John Major managed to appoint several women in his cabinet in his subsequent government.  So, why did she avoid this?  She revelled in her unique position.  There was no room for other females.  Another female would not have been seen by her as an ally, as it would be the case with most women.  Another female would have been competition. 

I find it interesting too,  not the fact that i mention it but the fact that she never bothered.  We are not talking about 'some group' but we are talking about half of the population. 

I only mentioned it because i have been hearing a lot of 'well wishers' on the news comment about her and what she has done 'for women'   It makes me sick.

Ok, ok,  but the other title of  'Lady Thatcher' is the one that amuses me!  It sounds like something you buy on the internet for women to attend to their bikini area.  A discreet gardening device! the lady thatcher!   hehehehe  :zoinks:

blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 02:41:15 AM »
11 years as pm unemployment was over 10 1/2% for half her tenure.

"She decided that when she wrote off our manufacturing industry that she could live with two or three million unemployed," ---Ken Livingstone, former London Mayor.

Childhood poverty rose during her tenure, when she left office nearly 1/3 of all children were living in poverty.

She promoted the failed trickle down economics by which she shifted the tax burden from the wealthy to the poor. 
Remember her 1990 poll tax?  Which is a huge advantage for he wealthy. It keeps the poor from voting.

She refused sanctions against south Africa's apartheid.  Called Nelson mandellas party a terrorist organization.

THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE NOW THAT THiIS BITCH IS DEAD.  MAY SHE BURN IN HELL...unfortunately hell doesn't exist.
GFY, thatcher.

Yes!  The poll tax was a disgusting effort to rape the poor.  A lot of people were thrown in jail because of this :viking:
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 03:04:45 AM »
I think Maggie left a hard legacy to the UK.

Maybe she did some quick fixes for economy from some perspectives.
But she also took hope from a huge part of the nation. It's not that hard to take hope away, if you have enough years to do so, like she had. But now to motivate people back to hope and to action, that's nearly impossible. Multiple generations of unemployment and hopelessness drains a nation, and I do not mean financially, however costly it may be.  And that is a lot worse for the economy than any benefit she may have brought.

As for a feminist example, yeah, it was good she was around. She showed the "Johanna's" that women are not a better species compared to men. And, she showed the whole world that a woman can be as powerful as any man.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!