Author Topic: Scrap, get your arse over here!  (Read 5050 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Scrap, get your arse over here!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
Yes, I remember you blaming others when you made a power grab.  It's human nature.  Pretty much how I thought it would have played out.

Apart from me not knowing wtf you are talking about, why would this matter?

What isn't clear about you allowing scrap to make a sock when he was an admin.  Why didn't you address this at that time. Why now?

I have stated my reasons for acting now. Do you accuse me of lying?

Because of he timing and scraps assertion that you only banned it now as a result of a recent butt hurt.  Leaves one to wonder. Why now?

Again, I have stated my reasons. Do you have proof or are you simply ignoring a tough question to answer and hoping of convincing people with weak conjecture?

However, since you lumped scrap above in your excuse for lack of a democratic process I am led to believe that this wasnt a result of a recent butt hurt, you have an ongoing grudge against him.
Maybe it's time to let go?

Ah. Realising recent butthurt is not enough, implying more is a nice counter attack?

Again, back up your words.

No. You hadn't directly answered the question why now?  Why now when you knew he created it when he was an admin?

But I have answered. You just doubt my words.

I'll try to humour you, though. Object if I'm being too obvious.

When he created the sock, he was an admin and I was Dunc's fallback webmaster, I think. I did not make note of everything happening because I did not approve any accounts, the admins did, and so I became aware of the account only some time later. I would have to do some searching to find out when but I don't have any special powers and my guess is that it took me some time.

Remember that I was not in charge of the site, not as an admin and not as a webmaster.

And do you allow admins to bend the rules? Is that standard practice now?

What rules?

You may think I2 is a democracy, with everything voted on, but it's not. Do you remember how that ended? I2 is a site with very few rules, and one where new socks have not been approved for years. It's not a democracy because everything is not voted on.

Yet there are no rules about socks. There never were. If you think I'm wrong, show me the rules. A number of socks were created early on (and I have no idea when yours were created and I can't be arsed to check, but I'm betting early on) but none later. Every single one was created before the direct democracy ended, and none of them was used after it ended.

Back up your words, McJ.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
To recap.

Thanks swearing ton for the apology from odeon quote.  I was unaware that any existed.

Thank you for clarifying, odeon, that you held no influence  over site policy when scrap made his sock. Since you clarified that solves two questions.
1. Are admins allowed special privelages?
2. Why didn't you address it at that time?

Both questions are not your responsibility.  That wasnt so hard to answer, was it?

Now that you've answered that as well I guess my query about,,, why now?....is also nullified and I ave to take your word for it that it was simple house cleaning and not scraps assertion of butt hurt vengeance.

And it is your prerogative to enforce rules on members. Even if the member is long term and perhaps had a grandfather clause argument. 

And the simple fact that he had used this account, to your knowledge and in the same manner before you chose to ban it now as a matter of convenience.  Convenience meaning, you were cleaning up, you might as well address this now.

Misunderstood.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
Anything is better than Twilight. :P

Oh....

Even Pokemon?

Even Barney the Dinosaur on Pot?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

Oh....

Even Pokemon?

A compelling argument. But Twilight is still current news in my household while Pokemon is not. Yes, Pokemon was a bloody annoyance but nobody in the household needs to catch em all, not now.

Whereas the teen vampires aren't dead just yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »
Just spent some time checking the sockpuppet alert group. My recollection is correct. You created your account yourself. The same is true for a majority of the socks--they were created by members who were admins at the time

This is just another bullshit lie from odeon.

I had my sock account LONG before I was an admin.

My sock was approved by site management.

I didn't "get around a sock ban", there was no prohibition on socks at the time.

My account was grandfathered in, it's not my fault those other socks didn't chose to post past a certain date.

Your account was created when you were an admin. Go check.

That's a bullshit lie and you know it.

I'm sitting on the PM's from the admin who approved the account.

It was approved on March 2nd 2007 and I wasn't made admin until July 23rd.

I have the PM from Callaway confirming it.

:police:   :police:   :police:   :police:   :police:

Fucking liar!!  :hahaha:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2013, 03:11:39 PM »
So this isn't over?
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
So this isn't over?

It's over now.

I've disproven everything odeon has said.

He's the one who can't back his words up, which is why he demands that everyone backs their words up, it's a distraction tactic.

He gaslights people into thinking he's backed up his arguments by shifting the burden of proof as far from himself as he can get.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
I tried to start a finger bang thread!
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »
Interesting.

It would seem that you are right and didn't create the account yourself, then. Not a conscious lie from me, though, but a mistake. I can see why you'd rather call it a lie but that alone does not make it one.

BTW, did Callaway approve the account, and if so, did she know it was a sockpuppet? Why would there be a confirmation from her rather than the standard reply from the site? Post the PM.

And tell me what it changes. Show me the rule I changed, Scrap. We have not approved sockpuppets in a long time and apart from you none in the sockpuppet group has posted since March 2008.

EDIT: I was wrong. None other than you has posted since December 2007.

OTOH, if you plan on taking another three days to reply, don't bother. I'd rather watch paint dry than wait for another post followed by yet another quick exit. Coward.  :hahaha:

So this isn't over?

It's over now.

I've disproven everything odeon has said.

He's the one who can't back his words up, which is why he demands that everyone backs their words up, it's a distraction tactic.

He gaslights people into thinking he's backed up his arguments by shifting the burden of proof as far from himself as he can get.

You have yet to answer the original callout. What rule did I change? That's what I asked you to back up. Let's have a look at what you actually said in response:

I take that as a no. So since you've made it clear that you don't feel obligated to debate in good faith, you can go fuck yourself. I'm done interacting with you, period.

Yet here you are. :-*

For the rest of you, to set the record straight, my sock was one of 12 that were part of the same usergroup. 6 other of these socks had multiple posts with the user being active several months after the fact, so it is clear that these were approved sock accounts.

They were approved by someone, just as every other account here, sock or not. None of them posted a lot, most not at all, and none but you after December 2007. That last one was not a sock, though, but shared his IP with another member.  /shrugs

Not exactly a huge body of evidence here. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove.

Go look them up in the Members lists, they're there.

I did, which is why I noted that several were created by admins. And also how I got the registration of your sockpuppet wrong.

Now at some point or another some kind of prohibition on socks was passed, I wasn't privy to when this happened or how. However, after it was decided by whomever that there were to be no new socks, they did not delete the Sockpuppet Alert! usergroup, nor did they ban the accounts.

Simply because none of them was posting, none was even noticed. The member group had a purpose, which was exactly what the name says. We still have a karma-free group, and there's a World Council group. We haven't deleted those either.

Proof of this is that i was still able to post with my account, and when I did, over the course of several years, site management laughed along with my antics, cheered me on and plussed my karma. There was no if, ands or butts about the fact that site management gave full approval to these authorized socks. They were obviously covered by some kind of grandfather clause.
 Fast forward to a couple days ago. Odeon, seeing that I used my sock, decided to take cheap revenge over butthurt from some other thread.

Here's where I'd like to urge you to produce some kind of proof, considering that I have clearly and repeatedly stated why your sock was finally banned.

So being the playground bully type that he is, he took my toy, shoved me to the ground and kicked sand in my face becuase he's just that kind of insecure control freak. What a loser.  :hahaha:

So there you have it people, mine was far from being the only sock account floating around and as far as I'm concerned, anyone else here who wants a sock for comedy purposes, should be allowed to do so.  :M

No. If you want to troll, do it with your own account. Show some backbone, for once in your life. :chicken:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
And there you are, lurking as a guest. :santa:

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
Is a guest permitted to read this page?
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »
The main event callout is readable by guests, yes. AFAIK, the idea was to have the callout itself take place in a members-only forum.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »

Oh....

Even Pokemon?

A compelling argument. But Twilight is still current news in my household while Pokemon is not. Yes, Pokemon was a bloody annoyance but nobody in the household needs to catch em all, not now.

Whereas the teen vampires aren't dead just yet.

I'm surprised that Barney the Dinosaur on Pot, hasn't been reached out yet in UK.... Dear me.... Sheesh!

Scrapheap

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
You have yet to answer the original callout. What rule did I change?

Oh, and one more thing. The dormant sockpuppet that came to life to reply to the failtroll is now also banned. I'm sick of that kind of trolling.

I decided to disallow them. Got annoyed. That's why it says "replacement despot" in my profile. :P

"Oceana is at war with Eurasia, it is allies with Eastasia. Oceana has always been at war with Eurasia."

"Oceana is at war with Eastasia, it is allies with Eurasia. Oceana has always been at war with Eastasia."

Whatever you say O'Brien, whatever. :wanker:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
My sincere apologies. I am unaccustomed to your low-intensity arguing so I thought the callout was over. In my defence I'd like to point out that others seem to share my erroneous assumption.

I'll get back to you in a few weeks' time. Perhaps even sooner, given that I do post here every day.

- Albert Einstein