Author Topic: "Unfit fot work- The startling rise of disability in America"  (Read 4168 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: "Unfit fot work- The startling rise of disability in America"
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
Laid off miners/mill/factory workers on disability we've got a ton of them around here.

Most of them older, health problems...high school education (if that).

Not lazy, many are just out of options.

You can retrain, but no employer is going out of there way to hire a 45+ or 50 something employee with a bad back/knees or heart problems to run the risk that in 2 months they'll get hurt on the job and they'll end up paying out workmen's comp.

If you find a job but if it doesn't come with health care, your prescription costs alone in a month can eat up everything you have.

You can take them all off of disability...then what?

Nonono. Its not about all the people who are legitimately disabled, IQ. They've always been around. The number is rising sharply, because people are sucking the hind teat of america in order to get out of making any real effort at anything.

We're talking young people, perhaps with minor mental disabilities, totally capable of work. They just refuse to. And they are spreading like fucking poison ivy. These little dinguses complain and bitch and whine, they are usually morbidly obese or addicted to a bunch of drugs that they mysteriously have the money for, etc.

Typical young american on disability(lazy bottom feeding fuck): "I am so fucking pissed. I had to wait an extra two days for the government to sent me free money because of some paperwork issue! *plays with ipad, posting on facebook*"

MEANWHILE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

Typical tween(typical means average): "I hope I will be able to find enough work to support the needs of my younger siblings. I am thirteen, and my mother died of exhaustion last month. I am thankful that I have been able to survive this long...."

And the typical young american on diability is like the lowest of the lowest of the lowest in america. Its absolutely horrifying to me. Even if you're a lazy piece of shit and REFUSE to work in our country, your life is still like a thousand times better than if you lived somewhere else. Makes me want to fucking vomit.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:08:13 PM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
Itt: America is allowing people to be manipulative pieces of shit. I am actually curious as to whether or not people who fall into that kind of life are more apt to be criminals.  :apondering:

I'm gonna look an see if a study has been done on that when I get a bit of slow time.
I will never stop...

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
True.

The ones I find most sickening are the parents collecting because of a child who is minimally impaired (ADD, diabetic, etc), that encourage that child to "do nothing" so that they won't ever lose that check. :P

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
True.

The ones I find most sickening are the parents collecting because of a child who is minimally impaired (ADD, diabetic, etc), that encourage that child to "do nothing" so that they won't ever lose that check. :P

Yeah. That really chaps my ass.
I will never stop...

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »
Itt: America is allowing people to be manipulative pieces of shit. I am actually curious as to whether or not people who fall into that kind of life are more apt to be criminals.  :apondering:

We've always had politicians. And we've had big business for over a century.

nothing new.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
Well I implied americans that suck welfare cock, but 10/10 good linkage bro. Would lol again.
I will never stop...

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »
Good lord.  I was expecting some people to have asinine replies, seeing as it's the internet, but I was hoping for a more enlightened discussion, on here.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
Oh and what would qualify as enlightened?

I too am sick of these folk:
We're talking young people, perhaps with minor mental disabilities, totally capable of work. They just refuse to. And they are spreading like fucking poison ivy. These little dinguses complain and bitch and whine, they are usually morbidly obese or addicted to a bunch of drugs that they mysteriously have the money for, etc.

especially the young ones who are convinced they have a disability that prevents them from working because they've been diagnosed with a mental disorder, and then spend a good chunk of their time blogging self-righteously about how oppressed they are. I have a particular stick up my ass about this one because I work for a living, and I've gotten close enough to at least one of these idiots to see how much of it is hot air and social manipulation.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »
Some people can work, but will never possess the ability to be self-sufficient. The fact the disability bureaucracy is an all or nothing program creates a situation where people can't work and still receive assistance, unless if participating in a government work placement program. There is no partial disability. Not to say there aren't people working the system, but the system works itself.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:03:07 PM by Jack »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 01:47:24 PM »
Yeah. I absolutely agree there should be tiers of assistance, and better programs for educating people and helping them prepare to work in a new field if their current industry gets outsourced. Wouldn't it be great if they were funded by corporate tax dollars, such that it became more financially viable to keep jobs in the area? This stratification of the whole planet into areas of high mass production vs areas of 'educated elite', doesn't align with natural human variance where people of all different talents will be born into all different places.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »
That would absolutely qualify as enlightened.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
True.

It would make more sense if the check went directly to the health care services it was intended for. Parents and guardians cannot be trusted not to use that money on themselves.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
True.

It would make more sense if the check went directly to the health care services it was intended for. Parents and guardians cannot be trusted not to use that money on themselves.

But then the politicians would have their hands in the wallet.  Most of the time for a lot of people getting health/maintnance services is a trial.  I'm trying to get life services for the PR.  Right now we're playing the ubiquitous phone tag.  My g'friend has life services for her daughter - a phone call once a month to see if anything has changed and a quarterly visit of 15 minutes to the g'friend's house earns the agency $400 per month.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
One of my brothers slipped and fell on stairs on a sidewalk and broke his back just before thanksgiving and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, he got emergency assistance right away but they dragged their heels on the permanent disability and made him jump through all kinds of hoops to get it causing all kinds of financial hardship before it was finally approved not that long ago.  One of my sisters was put in a similar situation but with early onset alzheimer's she needs 24 hour care but they dragged the approval out for what seemed like an eternity.  Yet I have met people with what would never think of as permanent problems that virtually  flew through the system and people who just played it to collect as much and as long as they could. I think they really need to take a hard look at how they do these things much of it seems to be paperwork for the sake of paperwork alone.   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 10:25:43 AM »
Good lord.  I was expecting some people to have asinine replies, seeing as it's the internet, but I was hoping for a more enlightened discussion, on here.

You don't like the way I see things, I take it?
I will never stop...