Educational

Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7690 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 08:24:34 AM »

I should be allowed to have an ak47 or an m16 in my home, even if there are children present, why, because MERIKUH  :autism:

I've heard that movie is pretty funny, though I won't watch it because I fucking hate marionettes.

Scrapheap

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
I've heard that movie is pretty funny, though I won't watch it because I fucking hate marionettes.

Bigot! :smarty:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »

I should be allowed to have an ak47 or an m16 in my home, even if there are children present, why, because MERIKUH  :autism:

Hey man don't be a marionettecist. :(
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
You guys can AKs but I can't have a tank?  :'(

And FTR I fired a rifle when I was a kid, it was not that impressive. I actually wouldn't mind owning a gun, I just don't see why someone needs own a gun that is overkill.

not that impressive

own a gun that is overkill

Either make up your mind or learn to troll better, jman. I thought you were more fun than this.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »
If I could afford a tank, I'd buy one.
Always wanted to drive  one.

I'd park it in front of the house, guns pointed towards the kingdom hall. :zoinks:

Scrapheap

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
If I could afford a tank, I'd buy one.
Always wanted to drive  one.

I'd park it in front of the house, guns pointed towards the kingdom hall. :zoinks:

At one time you used to be able to buy surplus M-60 tanks. The Patton Museum in Chiriaco Summit, Ca bought about a dozen of them and was able to make a couple running tanks from all the parts.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:32 PM »
If you have never fired a gun, your opinion on them is invalid.

Sorry, but my BS detector just broke. This is probably just about the stupidest thing I've read today (sorry, TA, but this will help you grow as a human being).

Guns have only one purpose. You don't need to have fired a gun to oppose that purpose.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
^Mind, I do realise that a gun can be used for a lot more than that purpose, and I know that several people that I respect and like here do just that, but my point stands. Having never fired a gun does in no way invalidate your opinion of them because of what they were designed to do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 02:42:30 PM »

Sorry, but my BS detector just broke. This is probably just about the stupidest thing I've read today (sorry, TA, but this will help you grow as a human being).

Guns have only one purpose. You don't need to have fired a gun to oppose that purpose.

Did you not see what I clarified later in the thread? More or less, if you want all guns taken out of the hands of the citizens and you have never bothered to fire a gun, you are a hypocrite, and hypocritical opinions are invalid.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »

Did you not see what I clarified later in the thread? More or less, if you want all guns taken out of the hands of the citizens and you have never bothered to fire a gun, you are a hypocrite, and hypocritical opinions are invalid.

If you need several posts to explain views best finished in one, you most likely aren't expressing yourself well enough. See, people will respond after reading *one* message, not waiting for clarification after that painful insert foot in mouth moment.

Btw, your clarification did little to change anything. Again: guns have exactly one purpose. You can oppose that purpose without ever touching a gun. Think about it.

I would never trust the general population to be in possession of anything as potentially dangerous as a gun. Look at the idiots walking the streets, ffs.

Not everyone is an idiot and not everyone would abuse their right to carry a firearm but quite a few would, and have. Where the line is drawn is a different discussion, though; all I want to make clear here is that no, you don't have to have pulled the trigger to be against killing.

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »

If you need several posts to explain views best finished in one, you most likely aren't expressing yourself well enough. See, people will respond after reading *one* message, not waiting for clarification after that painful insert foot in mouth moment.

Btw, your clarification did little to change anything. Again: guns have exactly one purpose. You can oppose that purpose without ever touching a gun. Think about it.

I would never trust the general population to be in possession of anything as potentially dangerous as a gun. Look at the idiots walking the streets, ffs.

Not everyone is an idiot and not everyone would abuse their right to carry a firearm but quite a few would, and have. Where the line is drawn is a different discussion, though; all I want to make clear here is that no, you don't have to have pulled the trigger to be against killing.

Sure, and I guess being defenseless must be great. Whether you trust the public or not is irrelevant, you have a right to self preservation, or at least you Europeans did at one point, you don't have many rights at this point in time.

I stand by my position, call me a redneck idiot American if you like, but that will not change my opinion.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
I'm not calling you anything. The whole discussion of being defenceless or a redneck American or whatever is a completely different one; all I'm saying is that your claim that your opinion of guns is invalid if you have never fired one is moronic at best.

Let me put it to you like this:

Do you think you should have dropped a nuke to be allowed to have an opinion about them?

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
I'm not calling you anything. The whole discussion of being defenceless or a rednexk American or whatever is a completely different one; all I'm saying is that your claim that your opinion of guns is invalid if you have never fired one is moronic at best.

Let me put it to you like this:

Do you think you should have dropped a nuke to be allowed to have an opinion about them?

Really, going to nukes, that is the oldest trick in the anti-gun talking point book. Really, what are the odds of Joe Schome off the street ever having the opportunity to drop a nuke? Are those odds not exponentially less than him having the opportunity to fire a gun?

I posted this weeks ago to simply troll Adam, but it has some valid points:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »
You are missing the point. It's about who's allowed to have an opinion. That's all. Not likelihood. Likelihood is something that can change. Admittedly, nukes are too expensive but a comparison could be made about Iran.

Depending on where you live, likelihood will change, too. In quite a few places around the globe, gun possession is quite unusual. Does that mean that only the ones who have access should be allowed an opinion?

Here's a Stephen King reference for your convenience: do you think Captain Trips should be allowed? Its only use is to kill. Think carefully.

And this goes both ways. You may never have fired a gun but you might want one to finally get rid of that annoying neighbour of yours.

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »
You are missing the point. It's about who's allowed to have an opinion. That's all. Not likelihood. Likelihood is something that can change. Admittedly, nukes are too expensive but a comparison could be made about Iran.

Depending on where you live, likelihood will change, too. In quite a few places around the globe, gun possession is quite unusual. Does that mean that only the ones who have access should be allowed an opinion?

Here's a Stephen King reference for your convenience: do you think Captain Trips should be allowed? Its only use is to kill. Think carefully.

And this goes both ways. You may never have fired a gun but you might want one to finally get rid of that annoying neighbour of yours.

So, you are advocating total gun eradication by saying their only purpose is to kill your annoying neighbor, no? You are missing my point, I should be able to possess anything I want and that no one has that right to tell me what I "need".