Educational

Author Topic: The People vs MLA  (Read 7543 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
The People vs MLA
« on: February 15, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »
Couldn't help the title. Thought it to be hilarious, in fact.

But more seriously: I see a lot of underhanded bitching about MLA by other members. This is fine, of course, as I2 is not the place for moderation and hushed words, but if there is sand in your vaginas about what he says or does, don't you think a callout would be more honest?

What I see now is cowardice. MLA is good at debating, I know, but if you think you have an actual point to make, don't you think it's time to make it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: The People vs MLA
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »
Well I am merely mirroring the cowardly behavior displayed by MLA. :) I am a tad busy, though, so responses will not be as swift. I find MLA's behavior repetitive and boring. He always has something to "prove" to everyone here. His posting history and karma log is proof. I will supply it tomorrow. I have screencaps.

He beats his chest in an over exaggerated attempt  to appear like he is an alpha male. He is delusional, living in an online fantasy world on this forum where he is the "star". He talks shit about "whiny emos", yet is one himself. He is a delicate little flower. He is even more sensitive than I am. And that's really saying something.....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:59:14 AM by Uppity Retard »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 02:31:01 AM »
If MLA crosses paths with me in a debate, I simply refute his statements, and he really does not bother me.

He does his thing, and I do mine.

Also, he is a bloody attorney in he making, of course he can hold his own in a debate.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

P7PSP

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 02:54:15 AM »
I have not seen anything underhanded in what Rage or DFG has said to MLA. Both have been very open and clear in expressing disdain. As for whether it should go to callout or continue as it is going, MLA has gone after Lestat without any callout by either that I can recall. I don't consider that cowardly on either part, they just don't like each other. I personally prefer to argue with people in what ever thread their statement I disagree with was posted in. If that is cowardly than mea culpa. You may have noticed that every callout I have been in was initiated by the other party.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 06:36:43 AM »
I too will go head to head with anyone I disagree with, but then i do not think that his thread was made for me in mind.
I do not think that Rage or DFG are being subtle with MLA or he with they. How far any of the three want to take things is I guess up to them.
I think this place is a place that opinionated and strong blokes and girls are likely to prosper and the weaker ones not so much. Either being the type of person to whom everyone likes and feels like defending and/or not attacking, or conversely the type of person who doesn't give a shit and happy to fight whomever and defend their opinions.
Particularly for the men, it is a place where those that like a good verbal battle and a bit of aggro, do ok.

So IS MLA and Rage fighting for dominance to see who is the Alpha male on I2? If so it is a pointless endevour because I am  ;)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »
I have not seen anything underhanded in what Rage or DFG has said to MLA. Both have been very open and clear in expressing disdain. As for whether it should go to callout or continue as it is going, MLA has gone after Lestat without any callout by either that I can recall. I don't consider that cowardly on either part, they just don't like each other. I personally prefer to argue with people in what ever thread their statement I disagree with was posted in.  If that is cowardly than mea culpa. You may have noticed that every callout I have been in was initiated by the other party.

Cowardly.  Therefore it is your culpa.  :hahaha:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
His posting history and karma log is proof. I will supply it tomorrow. I have screencaps.

This should be good. ;)

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
I have not seen anything underhanded in what Rage or DFG has said to MLA. Both have been very open and clear in expressing disdain. As for whether it should go to callout or continue as it is going, MLA has gone after Lestat without any callout by either that I can recall. I don't consider that cowardly on either part, they just don't like each other. I personally prefer to argue with people in what ever thread their statement I disagree with was posted in.  If that is cowardly than mea culpa. You may have noticed that every callout I have been in was initiated by the other party.

Cowardly.  Therefore it is your culpa.  :hahaha:
:'( :finger:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »
I have not seen anything underhanded in what Rage or DFG has said to MLA. Both have been very open and clear in expressing disdain. As for whether it should go to callout or continue as it is going, MLA has gone after Lestat without any callout by either that I can recall. I don't consider that cowardly on either part, they just don't like each other. I personally prefer to argue with people in what ever thread their statement I disagree with was posted in. If that is cowardly than mea culpa. You may have noticed that every callout I have been in was initiated by the other party.

My problem with their current approach is that it feels as if both currently shy away from a direct confrontation. There's nothing subtle about their disdain but they also do not call him out on any of it.

Of course this is merely my take on it, it's how I see it. But then, that's par for the course, too. I'll say pretty much what I think here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
So IS MLA and Rage fighting for dominance to see who is the Alpha male on I2? If so it is a pointless endevour because I am  ;)

I am, actually. :P

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »
My problem with their current approach is that it feels as if both currently shy away from a direct confrontation.

I asked Rage some pointed questions that he chose to ignore, instead calling in a girl to fight his battles for him.  To be honest, I expected better.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
They have used the same avatar for a time. Maybe only their mum can tell them apart?

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
They have used the same avatar for a time. Maybe only their mum can tell them apart?

Perhaps.  They are an interesting duo.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
My problem with their current approach is that it feels as if both currently shy away from a direct confrontation.

I asked Rage some pointed questions that he chose to ignore, instead calling in a girl to fight his battles for him.  To be honest, I expected better.

Odeon started the callout. You are grasping at straws in a lame attempt to troll him. He sees through your bullshit. He never asked me to do anything for him, princess. :)
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »

Odeon started the callout. You are grasping at straws in a lame attempt to troll him. He sees through your bullshit. He never asked me to do anything for him, princess. :)

He clearly didn't need to  :zoinks:

Do you fight his battles because you have a crush and hope that he will feel obligated to somehow pay you back?  Or do you think he is weak and vulnerable and simply needs protecting from the jagged edges of the internet? 

If he didn't ask you for your help, why are you in such a rush to make him look like he needs it?  Don't you think he can handle himself?