Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134957 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #11100 on: May 09, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
So far I saw monkey girl off to school. Fed monkeyboy. Cried. Napped. did schoolwork. Called my lawyer. Now am too empty to feel much of anything. Blech.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11101 on: May 09, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »
Worked. Now about to feed the kids.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11102 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
Cleaned out the trailer
went to the dump
got things ready for tomorrows work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11103 on: May 09, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »
No, not church!  :zombiefuck:

Yup, church. I'm pretty sure it won't last but her confirmation is in a week's time.

Does your faith have the confirmant choose a confirmation name like the Catholics?

No. Thankfully.

I unfortunately opened my mouth and insisted repeatedly that I wanted my Mom's confirmation name.  She said I didn't.  She was right.  It is Euphrasia.  My athiest sister chose Mary Magdalen.

I think that Euphrasia is a pretty unique name.

It's the name of a herb commonly called eyebright:

I definitely prefer the plant.  St. Euphrasia was one of those boring virgins who led an aescetic life.

You say that as if there were something wrong with it.  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11104 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
Loaded over 2500lbs of insulation into a trailer that has a maximum gross weight of only 1500lbs :viking:

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #11105 on: May 09, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
Driving with illegal weight on a trailer is  :viking:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11106 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
Frantic, hectic morning.

I was half asleep a little before 8 when Prince Albert walked to the bedroom door, all sweaty, and said, "I was hit by a truck."  I heard the story, took a look at him, dressed and drove him to the Outpatient clinic nearby. 

Here's the story behind the accident.  PA walked from McDonald's and was waiting on the New Orleans side of Elise ready to cross onto our street.  An ambulance put on its siren and turned onto the next street over (one block North of ours.)  Everyone was at a standstill waiting for the ambulance to clear when PA decided to cross the street.  Well the pick-up truck waiting at the stop sign on our street turned onto Elise going North as PA was crossing.  Somehow the extended rear-view mirror on the driver's side hit PA on the left side of his head, sent his glasses flying and sent him to the ground.

PA was so angry that he told the guy to "Get the hell out of here, before I beat the shit out of you."  So the guy left (Gee, I wonder why?).  PA only knows what the guy looks like and that it's a black pick-up, but he didn't get the license plate number.

The clinic cleaned up the scrapes on his elbow and palms, gave him a tetanus shot, and x-rayed his head (he has a nondisplaced fracture through the lateral wall of the left orbit).  Recommended to contact an ENT for possible CAT scan follow-up.  Tylenol, ice and rest for the first 24 hours, pain pills as needed after that.

He couldn't find his glasses, but after we came home from the clinic I found the glasses on the grass at the corner with one lens lying about 2 feet away.  He put them back together.

We called the sheriff's office and made a report after we got home from PSO, just in case. 

And that was how the first 3 hours of my day went.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11107 on: May 09, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »
Frantic, hectic morning.

I was half asleep a little before 8 when Prince Albert walked to the bedroom door, all sweaty, and said, "I was hit by a truck."  I heard the story, took a look at him, dressed and drove him to the Outpatient clinic nearby. 

Here's the story behind the accident.  PA walked from McDonald's and was waiting on the New Orleans side of Elise ready to cross onto our street.  An ambulance put on its siren and turned onto the next street over (one block North of ours.)  Everyone was at a standstill waiting for the ambulance to clear when PA decided to cross the street.  Well the pick-up truck waiting at the stop sign on our street turned onto Elise going North as PA was crossing.  Somehow the extended rear-view mirror on the driver's side hit PA on the left side of his head, sent his glasses flying and sent him to the ground.

PA was so angry that he told the guy to "Get the hell out of here, before I beat the shit out of you."  So the guy left (Gee, I wonder why?).  PA only knows what the guy looks like and that it's a black pick-up, but he didn't get the license plate number.

The clinic cleaned up the scrapes on his elbow and palms, gave him a tetanus shot, and x-rayed his head (he has a nondisplaced fracture through the lateral wall of the left orbit).  Recommended to contact an ENT for possible CAT scan follow-up.  Tylenol, ice and rest for the first 24 hours, pain pills as needed after that.

He couldn't find his glasses, but after we came home from the clinic I found the glasses on the grass at the corner with one lens lying about 2 feet away.  He put them back together.

We called the sheriff's office and made a report after we got home from PSO, just in case. 

Damn, that's awful.  Your husband was  BRAVE!  to yell at the driver, that shows a fighting spirit.
 I hope his head will be OK.  How soon can he get a CAT scan done?  Meanwhile,  :hug:  to you as you take care of him.

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11108 on: May 09, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

I figure I am not going far and it's not riding that low :zoinks:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11109 on: May 09, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »
Aunt made a nice dinner. Roast Potatos, Roast beef, Sweet potato. Very tasty.

TheoK

« Reply #11110 on: May 09, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
I bought roast beef with potato salad today, because I'm  :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11111 on: May 09, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »

I figure I am not going far and it's not riding that low :zoinks:

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11112 on: May 09, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Frantic, hectic morning.

Wow, I hope that he's going to be OK.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11113 on: May 09, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
Aunt made a nice dinner. Roast Potatos, Roast beef, Sweet potato. Very tasty.

Two kinds of potatoes?  That's MY kind of dinner!  :drool:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #11114 on: May 09, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »
Frantic, hectic morning.

Wow, that sucks. Fortunately he wasn't hurt real bad.