Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134384 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #10710 on: April 05, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »
May I suggest that anyone with sensitive eyes get full information before they have a corneal cell transplant? 

Arthur had one last year.  They place a small amount of corneal cells behind your cornea.  Then they put a bubble of sterile air in your eye to hold the transplant in place while it bonds, not too much grief.  However, it didn't bond well enough.  He had to go back for 3 additional bonding procedures.  For these procedures he had to be on his back while staring into a 100 watt bulb, while the doctor inserts a needle into the eye as many times as it takes to get the air bubble positioned correctly.  Then you're on your back for 60 minutes to see if everything went okay.  Except that PA can't stand bright lights, anything near his eyes and has a bad back and can't be on it for more than 15 minutes before it hurts him. 

Needless to say this was a period of great anxiety, stress and general mayhem in the household.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #10711 on: April 05, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »
May I suggest that anyone with sensitive eyes get full information before they have a corneal cell transplant? 

Arthur had one last year.  They place a small amount of corneal cells behind your cornea.  Then they put a bubble of sterile air in your eye to hold the transplant in place while it bonds, not too much grief.  However, it didn't bond well enough.  He had to go back for 3 additional bonding procedures.  For these procedures he had to be on his back while staring into a 100 watt bulb, while the doctor inserts a needle into the eye as many times as it takes to get the air bubble positioned correctly.  Then you're on your back for 60 minutes to see if everything went okay.  Except that PA can't stand bright lights, anything near his eyes and has a bad back and can't be on it for more than 15 minutes before it hurts him. 

Needless to say this was a period of great anxiety, stress and general mayhem in the household.
Perhaps going to a forum for people who have had such procedures could be helpful. My older brother also has keratoconus and his is worse than mine so he had a corneal transplant in one eye. Now he has one soft contact lens and glasses. A couple of years ago his eye was bothering him and he found out the stitches had come loose, the Dr was miffed with him for not coming in sooner.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10712 on: April 06, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
Took amphetamines knowingly for the first time with the start of my new prescription
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10713 on: April 06, 2011, 08:16:36 AM »
Took amphetamines knowingly for the first time with the start of my new prescription

Good luck to you, I hope they help with no bad side effects.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10714 on: April 06, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
None so far but it's only 5mg.  I did fix a door at the house that has been bugging me for over a year today also
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10715 on: April 06, 2011, 08:25:15 AM »
None so far but it's only 5mg.  I did fix a door at the house that has been bugging me for over a year today also

I started with 25mg of Strattera (not a stimulant but an SNRI) and felt the effects immediately. Meds are interesting.   :nerd!:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #10716 on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:03 PM »
Prepared to work out. Wondered about the origin of ebf's trunk and Winnie Judd.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10717 on: April 06, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »
I had surgery on my left eye this morning. Took about two hours. The surgeon moved a peripheral eye muscle about 5mm. and had a look at an inner muscle but decided against touching it today.

That sounds like a shitty day indeed.  What was wrong with the muscle?

I may eventually need surgery for a worsening case of strabismus.  I can hold it where I want it but it takes effort and eventually leads to headaches every evening.

Scarring tissue from repeated strabismus surgery when I was a kid and the normal ageing process caused the muscle to strain and pull at the eye whenever I tried to look to the right. Other muscles have some scarring, too, but other than removing some scarring tissue he din't do anything to the other muscles.

The enxt time around he'll move and try to repair one of the inner muscles--it's been thinned out and weakened to the point where he was afraid it might snap if he did the corrections now. :o

if you have a good surgeon you may want to do it while you are young.

How young is still "young"?

Sorry man, that sounds awful.  I am really sensitive about my eyes, the thought makes me cringe.

Well, if you can, do it before you are 40. I've found that after 40 everything takes longer to heal and you have all kinds of annoying  secondary issues to deal with.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10718 on: April 06, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »
Lots of good cooking, cleaning, went for a walk, took monkeyboy to gymnastics, wrote for an hour, sustained 15 mins of conversation with a bunch of of other homeschooling Mum's before I had to move to another room because they were all nattering away like a bunch of hens and 3 conversations at once was doing my head in. :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10719 on: April 06, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »
Not a lot. Watched some TV but being one-eyed atm, it's too tiring to do for long. Posted and browsed here, which is a bit easier, probably because of my reading glasses.

I hope I get more done tomorrow. Can't go back to work yet but maybe I can do stuff at home.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10720 on: April 06, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
Not a lot. Watched some TV but being one-eyed atm, it's too tiring to do for long. Posted and browsed here, which is a bit easier, probably because of my reading glasses.

I hope I get more done tomorrow. Can't go back to work yet but maybe I can do stuff at home.

:fiveshots:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10721 on: April 06, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
^ Too bad that smilie didn't have a patch over one eye :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10722 on: April 06, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »

:fiveshots:

:2thumbsup:

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10723 on: April 07, 2011, 03:13:48 AM »
Got kids to school. Done a lot of admin. Cleared the livingroom a bit. And now time for coffee and a dose of I2.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #10724 on: April 07, 2011, 03:15:58 AM »
Went up, had sandwich, coffee and vitamins.  :viking: