Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134385 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #10695 on: April 04, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
today has been a bit quiet

but tomorrow i am gonna
 :vibe:

all day long!
blah blah blah

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10696 on: April 04, 2011, 09:19:18 PM »
today has been a bit quiet

but tomorrow i am gonna
 :vibe:

all day long!

So technically, you will be 'doing' yourself all day?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10697 on: April 04, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
Watched "Sunshine"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10698 on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:03 AM »
I walked 3 miles on the Vallejo Waterfront, had Chinese food for lunch, walked another 1.5 miles and had a single scoop of Baskin Robbins banana nut ice cream on a sugar cone.  :thumbup:

Very cool. I wish I had your life just for today. That sounds perfect.  :)
We have a nice waterfront here CG. If you and ebf get here we will walk it and I'll get you in the Legion of Honor. We have a sundial.

We also have a Ferry system that goes across the bay to SF. The ride is peaceful and beautiful, sometimes you get to see seals.  :2thumbsup:

looks nice apart from dodgy looking blue bus in background lol

That looks like one of those new energy-saving hybrid buses we have now in my city!   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #10699 on: April 05, 2011, 01:05:04 AM »
Maybe, I don't know.

Offline Stalin

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10700 on: April 05, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
I think someone tried to fist me this morning.

The I went home. Via Burger King ofc.
Slept. Made a deal. Was awesome.

Still is.

You *think* someone tried to fist you?  :LMAO:

Sorry, but the delivery of the words and your uncertainty of something that should be so certain...was funny in this moment, just for me.x

Hehe, I think......because I did not know his intentions.
And when I asked him, he didn't really answer.

Oh those shy little boys.  ::)
When Stalin strikes, lightning stands still

Stalin has the strength of ten tigresses

When Stalin asks, you answer

Stalin freezes your blood, makes cowards out of strong men

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10701 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
I had surgery on my left eye this morning. Took about two hours. The surgeon moved a peripheral eye muscle about 5mm. and had a look at an inner muscle but decided against touching it today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10702 on: April 05, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
I had surgery on my left eye this morning. Took about two hours. The surgeon moved a peripheral eye muscle about 5mm. and had a look at an inner muscle but decided against touching it today.

That sounds like a shitty day indeed.  What was wrong with the muscle?

I may eventually need surgery for a worsening case of strabismus.  I can hold it where I want it but it takes effort and eventually leads to headaches every evening.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10703 on: April 05, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »
I walked 3 miles on the Vallejo Waterfront, had Chinese food for lunch, walked another 1.5 miles and had a single scoop of Baskin Robbins banana nut ice cream on a sugar cone.  :thumbup:

Very cool. I wish I had your life just for today. That sounds perfect.  :)
We have a nice waterfront here CG. If you and ebf get here we will walk it and I'll get you in the Legion of Honor. We have a sundial.

We also have a Ferry system that goes across the bay to SF. The ride is peaceful and beautiful, sometimes you get to see seals.  :2thumbsup:

That would be awesome. EBM and I were actually talking about that the other night. That if we end up doing our roadtrip to CA we have to come and see you.  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10704 on: April 05, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »

I may eventually need surgery for a worsening case of strabismus.  I can hold it where I want it but it takes effort and eventually leads to headaches every evening.

Scarring tissue from repeated strabismus surgery when I was a kid and the normal ageing process caused the muscle to strain and pull at the eye whenever I tried to look to the right. Other muscles have some scarring, too, but other than removing some scarring tissue he din't do anything to the other muscles.

The enxt time around he'll move and try to repair one of the inner muscles--it's been thinned out and weakened to the point where he was afraid it might snap if he did the corrections now. :o

if you have a good surgeon you may want to do it while you are young.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #10705 on: April 05, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
Most surgeries are better done when you're young, since the healing process is much much quicker then.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10706 on: April 05, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »
Most surgeries are better done when you're young, since the healing process is much much quicker then.

Indeed.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10707 on: April 05, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »

Scarring tissue from repeated strabismus surgery when I was a kid and the normal ageing process caused the muscle to strain and pull at the eye whenever I tried to look to the right. Other muscles have some scarring, too, but other than removing some scarring tissue he din't do anything to the other muscles.

The enxt time around he'll move and try to repair one of the inner muscles--it's been thinned out and weakened to the point where he was afraid it might snap if he did the corrections now. :o

How young is still "young"?

Sorry man, that sounds awful.  I am really sensitive about my eyes, the thought makes me cringe.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10708 on: April 05, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »

How young is still "young"?

Sorry man, that sounds awful.  I am really sensitive about my eyes, the thought makes me cringe.
I was told this side of 40.  Although this isn't surgery really, I had my first child at 23 and my second at 30. Recovered much more more quickly and my body bounced back with the first more easily than the second. :P (I'm 36 now) Most things medical hold more risks past the age of 40. The risk factor seems to increase from there.

eris

« Reply #10709 on: April 05, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »
pretty much been hanging out in hell all day