Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134375 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #10110 on: January 20, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »
Got up, fed the cats and put the bird outside. had a shower and breakfast. After parents got home I went grocery shopping with my mum.

A lady that went ahead of us at the checkout was buying heaps of margarine and toothpaste. Nothing else. I thought it was an odd combination.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10111 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »
Got up, fed the cats and put the bird outside. had a shower and breakfast. After parents got home I went grocery shopping with my mum.

A lady that went ahead of us at the checkout was buying heaps of margarine and toothpaste. Nothing else. I thought it was an odd combination.

She's probably making some new weapon using a recipe she found online!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10112 on: January 20, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
Woke up.  Went back to sleep.  Woke up, slithered out of bed, weighed up the pros and cons of staying up and taking my meds versus going back to sleep and giving my brain more recovery time and decided to stay up and take my meds.  Browsed online until the meds kicked in and the 'want-to-sleep-for-a-week' feeling faded into the background.  Now I'm going to have a shower and start catching up on various things I have to do.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10113 on: January 20, 2011, 05:47:12 AM »
Left the Jag at the repair shop (steering fluid & oil change).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10114 on: January 20, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
Woke up.  Went back to sleep.  Woke up, slithered out of bed, weighed up the pros and cons of staying up and taking my meds versus going back to sleep and giving my brain more recovery time and decided to stay up and take my meds.  Browsed online until the meds kicked in and the 'want-to-sleep-for-a-week' feeling faded into the background.  Now I'm going to have a shower and start catching up on various things I have to do.

Good for you! Do you drink :coffee: at all?

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10115 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »

I used to drink tea, but it made me sweat and pee a lot so I quit and replaced it with caffeine powder.  Sometimes caffeine helps me and sometimes it just gives me nasty side-effects, so I keep my caffeine intake fairly low these days, and sometimes I take a break from it altogether for days, weeks or months.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10116 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:43 AM »

I used to drink tea, but it made me sweat and pee a lot so I quit and replaced it with caffeine powder.  Sometimes caffeine helps me and sometimes it just gives me nasty side-effects, so I keep my caffeine intake fairly low these days, and sometimes I take a break from it altogether for days, weeks or months.

I have no problems from caffeine, but it doesn't help me as much as it used to.   :nerd!:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10117 on: January 20, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »

Unfortunately, I likely set my sons day up on a bad note.

He is a huge "almost"  twelve year old, birthday coming up soon (dead serious, he is as tall as my eyes, which means five foot nine inches tall, weighs one hundred ten pounds and looks skinny).

... but his mind is that of a six year old. I asked that he decide if he is going to be an obnoxious teen (which I can begin to deal with) or a disgusting six or seven year old (which is where we already are). 

I asked him to make a choice and come home with a single theme to his behavior. 

I look back on this demand and I am the cunt-ass stupid father who barely listens to what needs his child has of him.  I see this as too much for him to accomplish. I see myself as a kind of deadbeat dad, who makes demands without offering the required support.

As soon as I see him, I am going to revise this horrible set of demands placed upon him.  He can be both and neither,, as he sees fit.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10118 on: January 20, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »

Do you have the chance to drive it at all, with all the tinkering it needs?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10119 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
Had a massive power struggle with my youngest. Leaving me exhausted, and her upset with herself and exhausted.

All good now. But we have to find a better way to help her control her fury. Puberty is hitting early, she's almost ten, but all the signs are there.

She's magnificent when that mad though. But, I won't tell her that. And could only appreciate it myself in hindsight this time.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10120 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:10 PM »

Do you have the chance to drive it at all, with all the tinkering it needs?

What tinkering? This is the first time I had to leave it at the repair shop.

But unfortunately it needs another round there. Lucky the festival will start in a week's time--I'll drop it off there right before the festival starts. They'll have ten days to figure everything out. :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #10121 on: January 21, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »
Went to my Union Hall to sign in off of my short call, put two healthy checks in my checking account and finally mailed the credit card bill to pay for my Paris trip flights and hotel.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10122 on: January 21, 2011, 08:55:11 PM »
Went to my Union Hall to sign in off of my short call, put two healthy checks in my checking account and finally mailed the credit card bill to pay for my Paris trip flights and hotel.

With every step, you are closer to Paris!   :eiffel:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #10123 on: January 21, 2011, 09:24:31 PM »
Yes I am.   :) :eiffel:

:lol:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10124 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
Yes I am.   :) :eiffel:

:lol:

Either that or she's into some really, really kinky sex.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: