Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135263 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #9975 on: January 01, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »

I got sad.

Partway through the day, I discovered that another one of our teens has died. His funeral is on Tuesday.

I felt bad that I did not know his name. I was told that "Nick"  died in a car accident last Thursday (on my day off from work). One of the girls had a pic of him on her phone, however, so now I know who it was that died. He was a very cool nineteen year old computer geek guy!

I do not know who else is keeping score, but that makes two young employees who have died since Thanksgiving and seven other workers have lost family members this month.

Is our store placed upon an Indian burial ground or something? WTF!!

I was close to tears, TBH.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:29:52 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #9976 on: January 01, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »

I got sad.

Partway through the day, I discovered that another one of our teens has died. His funeral is on Tuesday.

I felt bad that I did not know his name. I was told that "Nick"  died in a car accident last Thursday (on my day off from work). One of the girls had a pic of him on her phone, however, so now I know who it was that died. He was a very cool nineteen year old computer geek guy!

I do not know who else is keeping score, but that makes two young employees who have died since Thanksgiving and seven other workers have lost family members this month.

That sucks.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9977 on: January 01, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »

I got sad.

I would have been too.

That's very sad.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9978 on: January 01, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »
Link?

Link, indeeed!  Oh, there is one poster who mentions the mass of Jupiter being somewhat insufficient, however, his math is a bit off.

:lol:

2012 Forum Index. Lots of funny shit here!

OMG, I want to join. :plus:

I think you SHOULD be a part of this hilarity. Your handing some of them their arses as hats would be fun to watch.

It is so far beneath you though. I could do a decent job for us both with my own understanding of high school level physics.

:lol:

The only problem is that I am already online too much. I'll have to think about this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9979 on: January 01, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »

I got sad.

:(

That's awful.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9980 on: January 01, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »

I got sad.

Sorry that happened.  Our state has had a run of bad teen accidents lately it's a very sad thing. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9981 on: January 01, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
Watched a lot of TV today.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9982 on: January 01, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
Sorry to hear this DirtDawg
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9983 on: January 01, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »

I got sad.

:(
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #9984 on: January 01, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
I just was talking with my mother and she found some old papers of mine, including a picture of my graduating class from Aviation Electricians Mate Class A1 School, NATTC NAS Memphis Millington Tn and my papers for Delayed Entry in the USN. If I feel like going to Nevada tomorrow I may go get that stuff. Now I have a scanner to put that picture on my computer.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #9985 on: January 01, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »

I got sad.

:hug:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9986 on: January 02, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »
Tried to sleep in. Lots of washing, some pampering of kids, who got hit by New Years Eve indigestion for a change. Some chatting and some posting. Stuff like that.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9987 on: January 02, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »
Went for a ride with the dog and got coffee for me and a doughnut for the dog then let it chase the feral cats
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9988 on: January 02, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »
Went for a ride with the dog and got coffee for me and a doughnut for the dog then let it chase the feral cats

Looks like a perfect day.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9989 on: January 02, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »
You are good to your dog. :)

I have done practically nothing today except be on the internet.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae