Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134205 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #9705 on: November 30, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »
I made a peeking line in the foil on my windows. So that the cats now have an extra line to use to spy the neighbourhood.

Looks kind of slick, improvement over how I had it. Both from the outside and from the inside.

I have frosted plastic film on my windows, with uncovered strips along the lower third of the glass so that Waggy can look out.  She has a basket on a platform I made that straddles the windowsill and part of my desk, with a ramp that runs up the back of my desk that lets her climb up to it, and she likes to watch for foxes at night.

Awesome. Waggy must be a happy dog.

I have frosted plastic film on my front window too. Not all over, but, a bit more than a third. Living quite close to the street, and former neighbours who would peek and spy every time they passed by made me make this house more reclusive than any other place I have lived in. Including the time I had a room with a window facing the gallery of a flat.

Neighbours have gone, and some more direct daylight and view is welcome. Still won't take all the film away though. I do like my privacy.
Got a hedge too, that helps keeping the lights from parking cars tone down a lot.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Binty

« Reply #9706 on: November 30, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »
Turned 21  :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9707 on: November 30, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »
Turned 21  :zoinks:

I think that makes you pretty much, "LEGAL,"  right?

... more to the point, when I dream about you, I am no longer a "criminal."

:lol:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Binty

« Reply #9708 on: November 30, 2010, 07:40:13 PM »
Yup   :laugh:  It's awesome.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9709 on: December 01, 2010, 01:56:42 AM »
Emailed a document to some people, but that's about it so far.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9710 on: December 01, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
GA and I both went for Irlen testing, my colour hasn't changed much (bit darker) but GA's has. We had pies for lunch. I went and got a new battery for my watch and also bought some pyjama pants.

Then I went to an automotive electrician place and booked my car in there to have the air-conditioning fixed next Monday.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9711 on: December 01, 2010, 03:14:43 AM »
Wrote another document. Distributed it to reviewers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9712 on: December 01, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
Went to the optician for my 2-year check-up.  It was good timing; I've been having trouble seeing things in the distance lately, and a few days ago I was in the car with my mum, trying to find an address, and she could read the street signs before I could.  I wasn't able to make them out until they were about 10 metres away.

I didn't need stronger lenses; I just needed the axis of the lenses adjusted by 5 degrees to match the way the shape of my eyes has changed, and the optician was delighted with how much of an improvement she was able to produce from such a small change.  I'll have better than 20/20 vision (or 6/6 vision, as they're calling it now) once I get the new lenses, at least until they get scratched and chipped and my eyes change again.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9713 on: December 01, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »
Went to the optician for my 2-year check-up.  It was good timing; I've been having trouble seeing things in the distance lately, and a few days ago I was in the car with my mum, trying to find an address, and she could read the street signs before I could.  I wasn't able to make them out until they were about 10 metres away.

I didn't need stronger lenses; I just needed the axis of the lenses adjusted by 5 degrees to match the way the shape of my eyes has changed, and the optician was delighted with how much of an improvement she was able to produce from such a small change.  I'll have better than 20:20 vision (or 6:6 vision, as they're calling it now) once I get the new lenses, at least until they get scratched and chipped and my eyes change again.

Can you get scratch-resistant lenses?   :nerdy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9714 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »
Went to the optician for my 2-year check-up.  It was good timing; I've been having trouble seeing things in the distance lately, and a few days ago I was in the car with my mum, trying to find an address, and she could read the street signs before I could.  I wasn't able to make them out until they were about 10 metres away.

I didn't need stronger lenses; I just needed the axis of the lenses adjusted by 5 degrees to match the way the shape of my eyes has changed, and the optician was delighted with how much of an improvement she was able to produce from such a small change.  I'll have better than 20:20 vision (or 6:6 vision, as they're calling it now) once I get the new lenses, at least until they get scratched and chipped and my eyes change again.

Yes, and I'm paying £13.50 for a scratch-resistant coating on the new ones.  I didn't have one on my current lenses.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9715 on: December 01, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »

Yes, and I'm paying £13.50 for a scratch-resistant coating on the new ones.  I didn't have one on my current lenses.

I hope the coating works. I think mine are scratch-resistant too, but I'm not sure.   :orly:

People forget.

richard

« Reply #9716 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:33 PM »
not a whole lot, drank a cup of very strong coffee and now i'm about to make lunch

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9717 on: December 01, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
I have posted a lot, and am almost at my midday goal!  :asthing:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9718 on: December 01, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »
Met with an old friend after work. Hadn't seen him in two years.

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #9719 on: December 05, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »
nothing.  :M