Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134830 times)

richard

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #9240 on: October 15, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »
i just got back fom the store. i bought some salsa flavored chips

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9241 on: October 15, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »
Hopefully fixed the dishwasher
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9242 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »
Worked. Ate at a nice Italian restaurant with the family. Watched House.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9243 on: October 15, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »
Just put the Princess Royal to bed.  Her bedtime story was a brief history of the Tudors and the succession of the monarchy.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Binty

« Reply #9244 on: October 15, 2010, 08:23:56 PM »
Watched Downfall.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9245 on: October 15, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »
I worked a nice long day at my jobs, then wrestled my air conditioner out of the bedroom window. It's getting  cold.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9246 on: October 16, 2010, 05:09:42 AM »
Had a movie day with the kids. Watched Toy Story 3, Aliens, and How to Train Your Dragon (plus Pixar Short Movies Volume 1).

richard

« Reply #9247 on: October 16, 2010, 07:14:17 AM »
woke up early. again, around 3:30 am. i was going to sleep in but my fucking neighbour woke me up by walking in and out of his fucking house

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9248 on: October 16, 2010, 07:36:38 AM »
Had a movie day with the kids. Watched Toy Story 3, Aliens, and How to Train Your Dragon (plus Pixar Short Movies Volume 1).

Aliens with Sigourney Weaver and the aliens taking over the spaceship?   

Or Monsters vs Aliens?

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9249 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:05 AM »

Yeah that one, that was during afternoon nap time so it was just me and Nick (13).

Wow, I was just checking the rating of the movie and worldwide it's all over the place. In the US its rated R but over here it's only rated M, which is similar to PG-13

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9250 on: October 16, 2010, 08:33:15 AM »

Yeah that one, that was during afternoon nap time so it was just me and Nick (13).

Wow, I was just checking the rating of the movie and worldwide it's all over the place. In the US its rated R but over here it's only rated M, which is similar to PG-13

I wonder if perhaps some of the scarier scenes from the US version have been cut from the Australian version?

My daughter's 14 and I think the American version of Aliens would give her nightmares, but different kids are different.  My nephew loved movies like that even when he was really young.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9251 on: October 16, 2010, 09:00:39 AM »

I wonder if perhaps some of the scarier scenes from the US version have been cut from the Australian version?

My daughter's 14 and I think the American version of Aliens would give her nightmares, but different kids are different.  My nephew loved movies like that even when he was really young.

As far as I know, they are exactly the same. This is the Definitive Edition that contains extra scenes. The imdb pages shows the ratings from around the world http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/parentalguide#certification

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9252 on: October 16, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »

As far as I know, they are exactly the same. This is the Definitive Edition that contains extra scenes. The imdb pages shows the ratings from around the world http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/parentalguide#certification

Interesting to see how differently it's rated in diferent countries.  I guess Nick is more like my nephew than my daughter with the movies he enjoys.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9253 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:04 AM »

Interesting to see how differently it's rated in diferent countries.  I guess Nick is more like my nephew than my daughter with the movies he enjoys.

He watched it with me, and by that I mean I wouldn't let him watch it alone. To be honest, I don't think he'd want to watch it alone.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9254 on: October 16, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
feel a bit sick, i think i'm hungry