Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133888 times)

P7PSP

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #8505 on: August 01, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
Today we walked along the Champs-Elysées and saw the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower (which, btw, is VERY impressive, and we plan to return to climb it), and walked past some fabulous architecture on our way back to the hotel. My feet are killing me but it's worth it. Paris is a beautiful city.

Sorry that your feet hurt.  However with a Paris vacation for the family I guess the wallet's got to weigh less so that might help your feet.  LOL.

It weighs a lot less. Their prices are the closest I've come to astronomy since the uni.

We saw the Louvre today. Mona Lisa was fab but that room was extremely crowded, full of small Japanese people with expensive Nikons. Got a few pics anyway. We also saw Milo's Venus and an exhibition of Egyptian stuff ranging from toilette products to sarcophagi.

Now resting before walking to the Notre Dame.
This will help keep you 40 something paunch from getting out of hand.  :thumbup:

Not easy for us middle-aged people, is it?  :laugh:
No, sometimes a trip to Paris eating croissants and hiking is needed.  :LOL:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8506 on: August 01, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
Today we walked along the Champs-Elysées and saw the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower (which, btw, is VERY impressive, and we plan to return to climb it), and walked past some fabulous architecture on our way back to the hotel. My feet are killing me but it's worth it. Paris is a beautiful city.

Sorry that your feet hurt.  However with a Paris vacation for the family I guess the wallet's got to weigh less so that might help your feet.  LOL.

It weighs a lot less. Their prices are the closest I've come to astronomy since the uni.

We saw the Louvre today. Mona Lisa was fab but that room was extremely crowded, full of small Japanese people with expensive Nikons. Got a few pics anyway. We also saw Milo's Venus and an exhibition of Egyptian stuff ranging from toilette products to sarcophagi.

This will help keep you 40 something paunch from getting out of hand.  :thumbup:

No, sometimes a trip to Paris eating croissants and hiking is needed.  :LOL:

I absolutely agree with the croissants part!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8507 on: August 02, 2010, 05:57:59 AM »
I have gotten up, taken my meds, had :coffee: and not much else!  :facepalm2:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8508 on: August 02, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »

I walked the 387 steps up the north tower of Notre Dame with my son so I guess I took care of another few pounds.

And today was the day for Disneyland Paris. Expensive, very expensive, but worth it. I love Disney studios but was less thrilled by Disneyland Park. I did find an Indiana Jones hat, though. ;D

And this time my feet are REALLY killing me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8509 on: August 02, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
Worked for my brother
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #8510 on: August 02, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
Tweaked this old PC and now I'm using it, simply works like a charm and amazingly fast (without adding the extra parts).
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8511 on: August 02, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »

I brought my cane. Really.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8512 on: August 02, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »
Tweaked this old PC and now I'm using it, simply works like a charm and amazingly fast (without adding the extra parts).

So, you did not implement Parts and his brother?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8513 on: August 02, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

So, you did not implement Parts and his brother?

:'(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8514 on: August 02, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
Irony of ironies.  I tried to buy my daughter's computer today.  Had trouble with the website, so I called the number.  They're updating their system so the rep couldn't complete the order tonight.  He'll call back tomorrow when the system is through it's hissy-fit.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8515 on: August 02, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
Irony of ironies.  I tried to buy my daughter's computer today.  Had trouble with the website, so I called the number.  They're updating their system so the rep couldn't complete the order tonight.  He'll call back tomorrow when the system is through it's hissy-fit.

Not exactly a confidence-booster, is it?  :facepalm2:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8516 on: August 03, 2010, 05:39:07 AM »
I have taken my meds, and I have taken out the trash!  :hadron:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8517 on: August 03, 2010, 06:29:00 AM »
Saved another dog today (a different dog from the last one).  I was looking out of a window in my house and saw it crossing a busy road on it's own about 100 metres further up the street, just past the crest of a hill where cars wouldn't see it until they were about to hit it.  I ran out and caught up with it, and it ran back across the road, was just missed by a car that was coming over the hill and jumped over a wall into it's front garden when it saw me.  I had a word with the owner about securing her garden so that it doesn't get out, but she seemed to regard it as an impossible task and thought that shouting at the dog would be an easier solution.  It's a nice dog, but I've seen it escape several times before, and it's going to get hit by a car one of these days.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8518 on: August 03, 2010, 06:32:15 AM »
Saved another dog today (a different dog from the last one).  I was looking out of a window in my house and saw it crossing a busy road on it's own about 100 metres further up the street, just past the crest of a hill where cars wouldn't see it until they were about to hit it.  I ran out and caught up with it, and it ran back across the road, was just missed by a car that was coming over the hill and jumped over a wall into it's front garden when it saw me.  I had a word with the owner about securing her garden so that it doesn't get out, but she seemed to regard it as an impossible task and thought that shouting at the dog would be an easier solution.  It's a nice dog, but I've seen it escape several times before, and it's going to get hit by a car one of these days.

:plus: For caring enough to save the dog.

:grrr: HATE :grrr:  pet owners who can't be bothered with the most basic responsibilities!

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8519 on: August 03, 2010, 06:58:37 AM »
I have taken my meds, and I have taken out the trash!  :hadron:

Got the empty bin in again too, and did my rounds.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!