Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134331 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #8490 on: July 30, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
Drove south through Sweden, through Denmark snd into Germany and Hamburg. :zoinks:

What a trip!

And we still have a long way to go. :headbang2:

I suppose I have missed this, but where are you going? 

I wish I was a fly on the windshield, no wait a minute, not on the windshield, please. It's supposed to be the wall, but cars do not really have walls, do they?  How about in your lunch? No, never mind. It's just a bad idea to be a fly.

We're in Paris on holiday. Drove the ~900 kilometres from Hamburg to Paris today.

You probably don't want to be a fly, period.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8491 on: July 30, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »
Cleaned up oil  :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #8492 on: July 30, 2010, 06:49:53 PM »
Drove south through Sweden, through Denmark snd into Germany and Hamburg. :zoinks:

What a trip!

I wish I was a fly on the windshield, no wait a minute, not on the windshield, please. It's supposed to be the wall, but cars do not really have walls, do they?  How about in your lunch? No, never mind. It's just a bad idea to be a fly.

We're in Paris on holiday. Drove the ~900 kilometres from Hamburg to Paris today.

900 kilometres is more than I care to drive but if we had Paris @ that distance I would do it if flying wasn't an option, after all I have drven farther to get to Tooele Utah.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #8493 on: July 30, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
Watched a video to learn how to express my dog's anal glands.

God bless ya. Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, I would have   :spitscreen:

Just in case you're really curious:

Good thing I wasn't eating while watching this video... :zombiefuck:
But on a serious note, that's actually useful in case it does ever happen to our pets.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8494 on: July 31, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »

What a trip!

900 kilometres is more than I care to drive but if we had Paris @ that distance I would do it if flying wasn't an option, after all I have drven farther to get to Tooele Utah.

The total distance from Göteborg to Paris is more than 1500 km. Plus a 45 minute ferry trip from Denmark to Germany. It's all worth it, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8495 on: July 31, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Today we walked along the Champs-Elysées and saw the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower (which, btw, is VERY impressive, and we plan to return to climb it), and walked past some fabulous architecture on our way back to the hotel. My feet are killing me but it's worth it. Paris is a beautiful city.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8496 on: July 31, 2010, 02:52:44 PM »
Today we walked along the Champs-Elysées and saw the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower (which, btw, is VERY impressive, and we plan to return to climb it), and walked past some fabulous architecture on our way back to the hotel. My feet are killing me but it's worth it. Paris is a beautiful city.

:plus: for having a wonderful adventure.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8497 on: July 31, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Watched a video to learn how to express my dog's anal glands.

Thought you wanted to learn about the expressions of your dog's anal glands.  :asthing:

Skipped the video btw.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #8498 on: July 31, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
Can't  :plus: for that post as I just did for another. Paris must rock!  :headbang2:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8499 on: July 31, 2010, 08:21:33 PM »

Sorry that your feet hurt.  However with a Paris vacation for the family I guess the wallet's got to weigh less so that might help your feet.  LOL.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #8500 on: July 31, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »
Today at work the safety guy informed us that some moron had left a noose hanging in an area of the refinery away from where I am working. He made clear that anyone doing that will be blacklisted from the refinery and fired by Newtron. Back in 1999 I was working with a black apprentice and a couple of the guys started saying "There's goin a be a hangin" as a joke. I could tell it pissed off Kevin but he and I decided to let it die out. Late in the second day someone left a condulet fitting hanging above the gang box where we put our tools. I asked Kevin to let me handle it so he wouldn't get in trouble for kicking someones ass. I cut down the condulet in front of a couple of people and mentioned was a fucked up excuse of a joke it was. I got each of the two most likely suspects aside and told them I didn't consider the condulet or Hangin jokes to be funny and would they mind not fucking with my apprentice. The shit stopped but I don't appreciate shit stirring at work. Back in April the Homies, Peckerwoods and Vatos started putting their racial shit in the blue rooms and, after some complaints, the safety people told everyone that getting caught would entail being fired and blacklisted by the refinery and now some dumbfuck wants to start it again. If any of my locals members get caught they will likely have to face the E Board and, if found guilty, be fined a weeks pay (40 hours), not paying the fine would eventually put them in not good standing a wreck their career. Whoever the dumbfuck is I hope he is not one of ours.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8501 on: August 01, 2010, 07:00:38 AM »

Sorry that your feet hurt.  However with a Paris vacation for the family I guess the wallet's got to weigh less so that might help your feet.  LOL.

It weighs a lot less. Their prices are the closest I've come to astronomy since the uni.

We saw the Louvre today. Mona Lisa was fab but that room was extremely crowded, full of small Japanese people with expensive Nikons. Got a few pics anyway. We also saw Milo's Venus and an exhibition of Egyptian stuff ranging from toilette products to sarcophagi.

Now resting before walking to the Notre Dame.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8502 on: August 01, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
I got up, took my meds, had :coffee: and a protein breakfast, ate two apples, took my multivitamin, and now I am postwhoring toward 10,000!  :viking:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #8503 on: August 01, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »

It weighs a lot less. Their prices are the closest I've come to astronomy since the uni.

We saw the Louvre today. Mona Lisa was fab but that room was extremely crowded, full of small Japanese people with expensive Nikons. Got a few pics anyway. We also saw Milo's Venus and an exhibition of Egyptian stuff ranging from toilette products to sarcophagi.

This will help keep you 40 something paunch from getting out of hand.  :thumbup:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8504 on: August 01, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »

This will help keep you 40 something paunch from getting out of hand.  :thumbup:

Not easy for us middle-aged people, is it?  :laugh:

People forget.